What's the best transportation to each park from Fort Wilderness?

ttm999

Earning My Ears
We are going the week of Thanksgiving and staying at Fort Wilderness. What's the best way to get from the campground to each of the parks?

We have an early PS at Epcot for the Princess Breakfast and hope to have one for CRT at MG also.

And as if you couldn't tell - we've never been to Disney!

I can't really help you with your ?, because I have never stayed at FW....yet! We are booked there Thanksgiving week too! I am really excited! Wear a lime green ribbon and maybe we will bump into each other! But last Oct. I was at the same hotel as another Dis'er at DLR and never once met up with him, so you never know! Have a great trip!:cool:

Originally posted by josierac
Have a look at the transportation wizard
It will help you with how to get from point A to point B anywhere in WDW.

Enjoy

Unfortunetly, that resource is a bit outdated.

Fort Wilderness has direct bus transportation to the Disney/MGM Studios, Disney's Animal Kingdom, Blizzard Beach, Downtown Disney, Typhoon Lagoon, and Epcot. Bus transportation is also provided to Disney's Wilderness Lodge, and the Transportation and Ticket Center. Boat transportation is provided to the Magic Kingdom.

Fort Wilderness has three internal routes. Orange, Yellow, and Purple. At each stop is a colored guidemap with the internal routes clearly marked. When a bus comes by, it will say its color and direction on the destination sign. For example, "SETTLEMENT PURPLE" means the bus is travelling to the Settlement, along the Purple route.

The Purple bus services Settlement Depot (Pioneer Hall) Creekside Meadows, 2000, 2100, 2200, 2300, 2400, 2500, 2600, 2700, 2800 loops, as well as the Outpost Depot (formerly Gateway Parking).

The Yellow bus services the Settlement Depot, 300, 500, 1400, 1500, The Meadows Complex, 1600, 1700, 1800, 1900 loops, as well as the Outpost Depot.

The Yellow bus and the Purple bus both alternate routes. Meaning, that they will change, and become the other color when they get to the Outpost or the Settlment. This way, folks can stay on, and not have to transfer if they need to get to another area.

The third bus, the Orange starts at the Transportation Center. This is the only internal bus that leaves the campground. It goes from TTC to Wilderness Lodge, and then onto the Settlement Depot. From there it continues along the Orange route, and goes down the center of Fort Wilderness. It will travel to the 600, 700, 800, 900, 1000, 1100, 1200, 1300, Meadows Complex, and then onto the Outpost Depot. (They recently changed the Orange route and I have yet to work inside FW since, but if I remember the memo correctly, this should be it... However this might not be 100% accurate... check the map when you get there) Once at the Outpost, the Orange reverses the route.

As for the theme parks... the boat to the MK is at the Settlement Depot, or you can go to the TTC and catch the monorail to MK or Epcot... the bus to the Disney/MGM Studios is at the Settlement Depot. All other busses (Epcot, Downtown Disney, Typhoon Lagoon, Animal Kingdom, and Blizzard Beach) will be at the Outpost Depot. Outside busses start at 7:00am for character breakfasts, and will run approx every 15-20 minutes. Internal busses are scheduled to depart the Settlement and Outpost on the 10 minute mark.

Please note that for E-Ride nights, the boats do shut down 1hr after the general admission time. So for E-Ride, you will have to go to the TTC, and catch the bus from there.

Hope this helps. :)

I'm assuming that there will be somebody at the check-in at FW that will be able to direct me on where to be to get on the appropriate bus.

But it sounds like I will need to get on one of the internal buses to get to either the Outpost or the Trading Post to get on a bus that goes out to the parks.

Hopefully I will figure it out.

Thanks for your help!

Originally posted by ttm999
I'm assuming that there will be somebody at the check-in at FW that will be able to direct me on where to be to get on the appropriate bus.

But it sounds like I will need to get on one of the internal buses to get to either the Outpost or the Trading Post to get on a bus that goes out to the parks.

When you figure it out... it really is quite simple. And at every stop, there is a color coded map. Here's a few tips:

When trying to figure out where to go... remember "M&M" is at the Settlement... (Magic Kingdom and MGM)... Everything else (DAK/BB, Epcot, DTD/TL) is at the Outpost.

If a bus says "SETTLEMENT"... it's headed to the Settlement.
If a bus says "OUTPOST"... it's headed to the Outpost.

When boarding the bus in the morning, remember what color it is. That will be the color that will take you home.

And if all else fails... Check the handy dandy color map at each stop. :)

Depending on what loop you are in you may be able to walk to Pioneer Hall, the trading posts or the pools.

FW is an awesome place to stay. You will love it. It's my families favorite place to stay.

Originally posted by ttm999
Is it a problem with loading a stroller on the buses?

That depends on your stroller. By law, all strollers must be folded prior to boarding the bus. If your stroller folds quickly and easily, then you won't have any problems. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter