What's the biggest Disney event of the decade? - Please read post before voting

What's the biggest Disney event of the decade?

• Disney Channel

• Disney Animation

• Disney Buys Pixar / Pixar Animation

• The Launch of D23

• Disney Buys Marvel

• Disney Buys the Muppets

• New Disney on Broadway Shows

• New Theme Park Attractions

• Adventures by Disney

• New Theme Parks

• Disney Live-Action Movies

• Attraction Refurbishments

Results are only viewable after voting.

WeatherbySwann

DIS Veteran
This might be a tough one, but what do you think is the biggest Disney event of the decade?

Here's an explanation of the choices.

Disney Channel
This includes (but is not limited to) Lizzie McGuire, Kim Possible, The Proud Family, That's So Raven, The Cheetah Girls, High School Musical, Hannah Montana, Wizards of Waverly Place, Phineas and Ferb, Sonny with a Chance, and Jonas.

Disney Animation
This includes (but is not limited to) The Emperor's New Groove, Lilo & Stitch, Prep & Landing, and The Princess and the Frog.

Disney Buys Pixar / Pixar Animation
This includes (but is not limited to) Monsters Inc., Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, Cars, Ratatouille, Wall-E, and Up.

The Launch of D23
D23 was launched in March 2009 as the official community of Disney fans, complete with a new magazine publication and an annual expo.

Disney Buys Marvel
Disney purchased Marvel in August 2009.

Disney Buys the Muppets
Disney bought the Muppets in February 2004. Since then, they have produced The Muppets' Wizard of Oz, two Disney Channel specials, a Christmas special, and successful online videos.

New Disney on Broadway Shows
These include Tarzan, The Little Mermaid, and Mary Poppins.

New Theme Park Attractions
This includes (but is not limited to) Mickey's PhilharMagic, Mission Space, Soarin', Expedition Everest, Finding Nemo the Musical, The Seas, Monsters Inc Laugh Floor, Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage, Toy Story Mania, and Kim Possible World Showcase Adventure.

Adventures by Disney
Adventurous vacations around the world both on and off of Disney property.

New Theme Parks
This includes California Adventure, Walt Disney Studios Paris, Tokyo DisneySea, and Hong Kong Disneyland.

Live-Action Disney Movies
This includes (but is not limited to) Pirates of the Caribbean series, The Chronicles of Narnia series, National Treasure series, and Enchanted.

Attraction Refurbishments
This includes (but is not limited to) Pirates of the Caribbean, The Living Seas, Haunted Mansion, Spaceship Earth, and Space Mountain.

What about their themes?

I would vote for Year of a Million Dreams! We did not get a huge prize, but we were "Dreamed" with lanyards and pins. To three newbies, this is what started us on Pin Trading.

We really enjoyed seeing people get dreamed and reading about the dreams on here. When we were dreamed it was awesome!! It was a way to make guests feel extra speacial :thumbsup2

Great idea!!

Amy

Aw, crummy buttons. I knew I was bound to miss something, and there it is! :headache: Yes, I should have included the themes, there sure were a lot of them. It was also neat to have the Castle Suite built for the YOMD.

I went with the purchase of Pixar. It brought talent back into the fold and strentgthened the creative core of the organization.

:thumbsup2

I went with the purchase of Pixar. It brought talent back into the fold and strentgthened the creative core of the organization.

Me too - I think overall it's made a huge difference, among the presence of Pixar in the parks, as well as the help Pixar has been giving Disney with their animated movies. :santa:

I voted for Pixar as well, but I think it's worth mentioning all of the resorts rooms that were added to WDW, it really changed the Florida property.

I would have to agree with that, and continue to pray that it will offset the ultimate idiocy of destroying Disney Animation! I note here for the record, that when Dizzy Corp did destroy its heart and soul, it was Pixar that bought all the 2D animation equiptment!

Jud (formerly of Weymouth!)

I would have to agree with that, and continue to pray that it will offset the ultimate idiocy of destroying Disney Animation! I note here for the record, that when Dizzy Corp did destroy its heart and soul, it was Pixar that bought all the 2D animation equiptment!

Jud (formerly of Weymouth!)

Well, if you moved out of Weymouth--I hope you moved somewhere warm--such snow today!

Had to go with the Pixar buy as well. I see at the moment it's leading the poll too. -30ish last couple of mornings here. I ain't no 99 minutes from EPCOT, believe you me! :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter