• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What's the strangest thing your child has asked for..

My son asked for Oxyclean when he was 4.

Yes, Santa got it for him and he then would always ask if I used his Oxyclean on his clothes.

When DD was 4 she wanted Space Bags. A commercial for them was on TV all the time and she was fascinated with how they work.

When DS was 3, his favorite color was orange. He asked for orange towels, orange sheets, orange batmans, orange crayons and orange paint. It was a definite challenge coming up with orange colored toys!

When my sister was 14, my dad asked her what she wanted for Christmas. Jokingly, she told him cotton balls. My dad bought her 1000 cotton balls, all wrapped in groups of 50. I can't even remember what I got for Christmas that year, but I remember my sister's cotton balls!

DS has a girlfriend on his list, sad to say that prospects aren't looking great right now!:lmao:

I remember DD's first visit with Santa where she actually asked for something instead of having her picture taken very well. She asked for a total of two things: a candy cane and a doll. I already had both purchased. Santa told this toddler that he didn't bring candy canes to kids because they were choking hazards. :headache::headache::headache: How about letting me make that decision, Santa?

My DD(15) asked for a woody, and put it just like that. I have no idea why she wants a Woody doll from Toy Story.

LOL...at least at 15 you likely won't have the same problem I did when DS (then 4) got his. Doorbell rang, DS ran and threw it open and I heard him scream "I got a big Woody!!". (Oh ya, it was one of the pastors from our church standing there) :rolleyes1

But, I digress...weirdest thing DS asked Santa for (and really, really wanted) was a pink lawn flamingo. Ever try finding one of those in the middle of a Canadian winter?

When my oldest was 7 she aske for soap? She is now 17 and ever since I can remember her getting me a gift for Christmas it has been soap. :confused3

My 12 yr old wants a life. I must be doing a good job as a Mom.:rolleyes1

DS14 has asked for some interesting gifts over the years. In 4th grade or so, he got an electric typewriter.

This year, he asked for stock and a horse head mask.

If you feel like a laugh, read the reviews for the horse mask on Amazon. The pictures by owners are pretty funny, too. :rotfl2:

http://www.amazon.com/Accoutrements...id=1354569729&sr=8-1&keywords=horse+head+mask

:rotfl2: The reviews on the link are too funny! My DD has been asking for a horse for several years now. I should just get her this mask.. It looks an awful lot like the chestnut horse she rides for her lessons. Somehow I don't think she would find it as humorous as the rest of the family would. :rotfl: I can just picture her wearing it to the stable one day and then getting back on Amazon to add her interesting (crazy) review. :lmao:

My daughter asked for a light up Reindeer Pig Christmas lawn ornament last year. When I was trying to convince her that it was, perhaps, a bit tacky and didn't go with the rest of our decor, she proclaimed that "Mom just doesn't 'get' Christmas." She was 8 at the time. My mother heard that story and ran right out and bought one for her for Christmas. Mom called my sister from the store where she purchased the pig to make sure she was getting the right thing because "it was the tackiest, ugliest thing she'd ever seen." My sister said, yes, the sounds exactly right and asked if she were going to buy it. My mom said "yup...already in the cart.". It was very cute when she opened it...it was her #1 favorite gift last year. She was so excited.

And now I have a lone Reindeer pig hanging out in my yard.

Candy corn, which was surprisingly hard to find on December.

Bubble wrap! I bought a huge roll from Office Max and they had a ball with it!

American Pavillion in Epcot had it! Thanks for the idea. It's my DD's (10) favorite candy! My friend will be in Disney, and I'll get her to pick it up. (Otherwise, I'd have to order online I imagine.)

My daughter asked for a vacuum when she was six or seven. I bought her a real one and a duster too. She helped clean up for a couple of months.

My DS asked for French Fries when he was 2! When he was 3 he asked for "pooping books". You should have seen Santa's face when he heard that! He meant he wanted new books to read while he was on the potty!
He is 5 now and asked for a cell phone. Ha! I hope Legos will do!

When my daughter was little she asked for a green teddy bear. It doesn't sound very odd but it was really hard to find. I had pretty much given up when I came across a bunch at the grocery store of all places. The grocery store! Huge, super soft, velvety, dark green teddy bears. It was perfect. She loved that bear.

A wig. Because they read "Pig in a Wig" at school. I had already bought Madagascar 3 with the rainbow wig for him when he announced that!

LOL...at least at 15 you likely won't have the same problem I did when DS (then 4) got his. Doorbell rang, DS ran and threw it open and I heard him scream "I got a big Woody!!". (Oh ya, it was one of the pastors from our church standing there) :rolleyes1
:rotfl2: :lmao: That is hilarious!!!!

DS14 has asked for some interesting gifts over the years. In 4th grade or so, he got an electric typewriter.

This year, he asked for stock and a horse head mask.

If you feel like a laugh, read the reviews for the horse mask on Amazon. The pictures by owners are pretty funny, too. :rotfl2:

http://www.amazon.com/Accoutrements...id=1354569729&sr=8-1&keywords=horse+head+mask

Those reviews are hilarious! I'm going to forward them to my teenage sons. I have a feeling one of them will be asking for this now.

Back to the question. Last year DS14 asked for a cloak and a japanese puzzle box. Guess he was plotting some secret spy thing.

When DD was 3 she asked for a "garbage frog." :confused3
Luckily she found a picture in a catalog to show us, since it was really just a small green garbage can with eyes - so searching for a frog would have gotten us nowhere!

Not my dd, but one of her friends: Asked for a Swiffer for Christmas.

For many years, this girl was always at our house. So often, that we treated her like one of our own. One day she was misbehaving and misbehaving girls do housework in our home. I assigned her to Swiffer our upstairs (we have all hardwood). Well, she thought Swiffering was the bestest fun ever!

Every time she came over, she'd run to the closet to get the Swiffer. So for Christmas, she asked for one of her own. Her parents thought it was stupid and didn't get it for her. So dd gave it to her as her present.

The parents were miffed that the Swiffer was their dd's favorite gift that year. LOL

This reminds me of the Christmas when my 2-year-old nephew asked for:
"Power tools. With danger."

He meant real tools, not cheesy preschool plastic ones!

Aww, now he's all grown up and still gets teased about wanting his gifts with danger.

The strangest thing my DS26 ever asked for was a hammer and a box of rocks. He was about 8 and obsessed with geodes. He spent many a happy hour whacking rocks on our driveway. We also gave him some scrap lumber and some nails. He built all kinds of ladders and platforms for his Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Probably the best ever present he ever got was when he was about 9. DH got a box and filled it with wire, batteries, little motors, and flashlight bulbs. He helped him design a circuit board and that stuff entertained DS for hours on end. In fact, he loved it so much he made his science fair project about which batteries last the longers *Duracell :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter