What's up with Sci-Fi ?

rebelbuddhist

Mouseketeer
I have been trying for several days to get a dinner ADR during our Dec trip. (12/21 to 1/1). Nothing is available for a party of 2 on any of the days for lunch or dinner. Is Sci-Fi that hard of an ADR?

I've found it pretty hard to find even in less busy weeks so yes, it seems so. Only restaurant that seems regularly available at HS when I'm looking is Hollywood Brown Derby. Good luck!

Yes, I had a very hard time getting a reservation for our trip 180 days out. I had to keep checking and I finally got one for lunch on 12/2.

I regularly look at availability for a week, to get an idea of what ADRs I HAVE to make ahead of time vs getting one the day of, and Sci-Fi is almost always booked up. Keep checking, though. Also, people will cancel the day before to avoid the no-show fee if their plans change.

I believe Touringplans has some kind of reservation finder that is free. Look into that, too.

Sci-Fi has been a tough ADR to find for the past few yrs. No where near as hard as BOG but still takes some work. A lunch ADR may open up sooner. Good luck! ps food is a personal thing but I don't find the food that great. However, I love the movie clips & the atmosphere. If need be, maybe grab an off time ADR for eg 2 or 3pm just to have a quiet drink or share a dessert. Still get the experience but can have better meals elsewhere eg at the Boardwalk area.

It's been challenging to get a reservation there the last several years, but we've always managed to get one (for years over spring break, it's been DD's choice for her birthday).

I think it's a cute themed place, but not huge. The prices are very reasonable! I've never had a bad meal there!

We've been so many times, that for our next spring break trip DD actually asked to go back to 50's Prime Time instead. That place always has availability, so I'm waiting until we're there to get something rather than book ahead of time (every day is open now).

Keep searching and something will pop up!

It is hard. We were lucky to get 1:30 for lunch on the day we wanted for HS but it wouldn't budge for 6 months. I checked every day to move it earlier. Nada. We were able to move all of fp+ but never Sci Fi. We only had to wait 10 minutes when we checked in so hopefully the tight ressies mean they have efficient planning and seating.

The only time we ever went to Sci-fi was in 2013 and we did a walk up. I just decided to maybe add it to our Dec trip and haven't had any luck yet.

As others have said, which such few options at MGM SciFi can be hard to get. That said, we've eaten there on almost every trip of ours (for lunch) and have only ever booked a reservation the day of or day before. We prefer to be more spur of the moment and not fall into making decisions 6 months before we'll even be there. So keep checking. Highly likely something opens up especially if you are flexible on the time

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter