• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What's up with the rent/trade board?

POOH&PIGLET

I love my DW, DDs, & DVC!
I haven't looked there in a few months. I was very surprised to see points being offered as low as $7 a point. There are many threads with points going in the $8 range.

Are DVC Members that desperate to rent their points?

People rent points for a variety of reasons, but I'm guessing that there may be a lot of renting going on due to current conditions.

Despite the avid nature of those on these boards, I'm sure there are many DVC members who are simply not comfortable with going to Disney at this time. Add to that the economic problems that may make it difficult for a time. As we all know, if there is a large supply of something, that brings the price down. It goes down even further if demand is decreased, which it is right now.

The fact that they are renting and not selling should make us feel better that the renters are not bailing out on DVC completely, just for the short term.

Of course, there might be some other explanation for the low cost of points. Just throwing in my 2 cents.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter