What's your celebratory snack/meal/etc after the race? :)

sparrow10_

Savvy?
Was just curious if any of you have any traditional place you eat at, or maybe get a snack or any special as a self-reward after you complete a race!

Beaches & Cream after the longest race of the weekend. Nothing better than a big burger, salty fries, and a ridiculously decadent shake after running 10 or 13 miles.
If only one can get a reservation. No matter what the event, there is nothing that beats a Beaches and Cream burger!

Planning a runDisney trip, I always end up with a list of snacks, meals and drinks that I want to try that far exceed my consumption capabilities (my eyes are bigger than my stomach). I would say that I like theme that matches my race weekend highlights:
2017 Wine and Dine included special food and drinks at Pandora, WnD carts food, drink by the pool and Tie Dye cheesecake at Pop.
2020 Dopey included dinner with him at Storybook and a subset of snacking and DATW.
Even during our trip to DL in 2019, we had chowder in a bread bowl at the wharf and Jack Jack Cookie Num Num at the Incredicoaster.
For Springtime Surprise, we will definitely have the totchos at Woody’s Lunchbox and a partial SATW. Maybe an item on the special menu at ASMo. We are tempted by Beaches and Cream as well. Are the No Way Jose and other special shakes offered at the window the same as the ones inside?

Chocolate Milk Shake--check that, what I really mean is Frappe...could be Beaches and Cream (take out window), Ghiradelli, or once I got an unexpectedly good shake at Pop.

Planning a runDisney trip, I always end up with a list of snacks, meals and drinks that I want to try that far exceed my consumption capabilities (my eyes are bigger than my stomach). I would say that I like theme that matches my race weekend highlights:
2017 Wine and Dine included special food and drinks at Pandora, WnD carts food, drink by the pool and Tie Dye cheesecake at Pop.
2020 Dopey included dinner with him at Storybook and a subset of snacking and DATW.
Even during our trip to DL in 2019, we had chowder in a bread bowl at the wharf and Jack Jack Cookie Num Num at the Incredicoaster.
For Springtime Surprise, we will definitely have the totchos at Woody’s Lunchbox and a partial SATW. Maybe an item on the special menu at ASMo. We are tempted by Beaches and Cream as well. Are the No Way Jose and other special shakes offered at the window the same as the ones inside?
I'm also doing Springtime surprise! As well as heading to HS afterwards. I might have to try these totchos :)

This is mine...after each and every race

View attachment 738698

No matter what else is in the box, the cheese is eaten first.
oh....I was wondering if they gave out bananas or granola bars.....so I guess you get a snack box at the end?
If I can register for the half marathon, I will run it in a fasted state so acess to a some food immediately after will be helful for me.

oh....I was wondering if they gave out bananas or granola bars.....so I guess you get a snack box at the end?
If I can register for the half marathon, I will run it in a fasted state so acess to a some food immediately after will be helful for me.
Yes, there‘s a whole snack box, and also bananas after the races. There’s also a couple food trucks hanging around.

You may sense a theme with my race weekends 😂 These are the famous post race parking lot beers View attachment 738704
After I redeem myself with a (relatively) pain-free marathon, I want a marathon finish line picture like yours holding a frozen drink in my hand. THAT would be neat!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter