whats your favorite lowfat meal onboard ship?

imgoingtodisney

Goal! going on this cruise 37lbs less and I will e
I need to change my tagline - cant have cheeseburgers.
So whats your favorite lowfat meal?

Many nights I'll get the grilled chicken breast, it's actually quite good and very low fat (if you don't eat the skin).

I've conferred with the experts and they agree......being on a cruise is like an altered state of gravity: calories, fat grams, carb grams, etc. have absolutely zero significance!

Just order a diet coke with your meal - That way, they cancel each other out - right?

Works for me!!

I eat what ever I want. To reduce the fat, I eat only half of it. I am always full after 1/2 and do not feel deprived. The only problem with this is your servers will keep asking you what is wrong with your food. They do not like taking "I am full" as an answer.

The cherries on top of the frozen drinks!
I ate more cherries on our last cruise than Ive eaten in the past 10 years. ;)

it may not sound right, but I decided to go with my
"grilled chicken breast in paradise"

much better for me - and Im gonna have to watch the diet coke too as it has sodium
guess I'll be drinking the margaritas cos they have less fat than the pina coladas - lol

Just eat half of what you order, then walk around the ship and climb the stairs, which will then make you hungry so you can eat half of another meal, and on and on and on.....sounds like a plan to me. :bounce:

The best lowfat meal is a bathing suit!!! Makes me want to cut back each and every time I have one!

Probably lobster dripping in butter w/ a lite beer...NOT !!

No lite beer for me...........................

My favorite low fat meal on a cruise? There aren't any!!
I'm not cruising so I can miss out on all that wonderful food!!
I can diet when I get home!! :teeth:

Actually, we take the stairs most of the time on the ship, and do a lot of walking in the ports so I didn't gain anything last time even though I ate anything and everything I wanted.

Before you eat anything, break it in half... all of the calories will fall out!!!

Seriously, unless it's a specific dietary restriction, it's only a week in your life... indulge!!!

Erin :D

oh man - I have been dreaming about that cheese tray for quite a while and now I may be saying no

I thoroughly enjoyed all of your posts!!!!

On a serious note (I have ridiculously high cholesterol and have to watch my diet), Michelle's suggestion of a grilled chicken breast is excellent. Also, you can request "no butter, grilled instead of fried, and vinegar and oil for your salads". The servers are marvelous and will try their very best to ask the kitchen for low-fat options. The desserts, unfortunately, are not even close to being low-fat. My biggest disappointment is that there was no fat-free frozen yogurt at Scoops. They have it on Castaway Cay.

You can watch what you eat and still enjoy yourself. Also, the suggestions of taking the stairs are great. We would also walk the deck early in the morning before it gets too hot (along with other early birds). You really can enjoy yourself and not indulge too much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter