Whats your favourite perks to being a DVC member?

MinaEskobar

Earning My Ears
Hey all!

So we went on our 'once in a lifetime' disneymoon to Disneyworld in January coming all the way from Scotland... ...And ended up signing up for a lifetime of Disney!! We just closed out and paid our dues and have booked a return vacation next January (Couldn't wait!) Animal Kingdom is our home resort, and its where we are staying (Stayed in a Villa in Saratoga last time) and we are doing a cruise again as well! (Last time was super awesome, Fantasy again!) ... So you guys all seem so clued up on all things Disney... was wondering, whats your favourite perks of being DVC members? :)

Em xx :)

Welcome! AKL is our home resort too! I love the ease of planning and booking on the DVC website and the discounted annual passes!!!!

Welcome! AKL is our home resort too! I love the ease of planning and booking on the DVC website and the discounted annual passes!!!!

Hello! Great choice! ;) We're looking to book the discounted annual passes before the end of April, am I right in thinking they anniversary date doesn't start till we first use the passes? :)

My favorite perk is staying in a 2BR and having all the children in the 2nd bedroom. I also enjoy the Jacuzzi tub after walking miles in the parks.

My favorite perk is staying in a 2BR and having all the children in the 2nd bedroom. I also enjoy the Jacuzzi tub after walking miles in the parks.

The tub is fab!!! We walked so much we lost weight even with all the massive meals and cinnamon rolls! ;)

I have to admit my favorite perk WAS free valet parking.

We would never dare pay the $12/day charge plus tip and it just felt super luxurious to have it especially at the Boardwalk.

It was absolutely the icing on the cake.

Now, I would just say that being able to stay at deluxe resorts near the parks for less than the moderate prices is the best perk.

We lîke to use the DDP. I like that we have the same price even during e busy season. I know it's a small perk, but I like it. :)

My favorite perk is the ability to book at different resorts at WDW.

I love the size of the rooms. Being able to spread out is so nice. I also enjoy the luxury it has given us to take longer trips...we visit WDW for at least 10 days at a time every year--something we couldn't (wouldn't) do if we were paying cash for the rooms.

Do we really?? Is it very good? I never even knew that! :)

I think Bill just means the general savings on rooms by owning DVC. Members do get 25% off of rack rates for DVC rooms dependent on availability but that may or may not be better than discounted CRO rates.

I guess I'd have to say the discounted AP is my favorite perk since most of the others are also available as an AP holder. My favorite perks in the past were free internet (now given to everyone) and the free valet parking (gone).

Not having a big room bill when I check out. My contract is long paid off, I paying $124 in dues a month and never have to worry how I am going to pay for my room. Never have to worry about when will discounts come out.

When I bought, it was just OKW & BWV at WDW. I love all the options now. I've stayed at all the WDW DVC's except SSR and VGF. Have a reservation for VGF for May. I've also stayed at VGC several times. Love it!

I like that it changed the way we travel to WDW. We don't feel the need to visit every park every time. We relax and explore. If we plan to do a park and it storms we say, "Oh well, we'll be back soon".

The best perk is knowing that I always have a upcoming trip to Disney!
:thumbsup2

Several DVC perks fit our needs, including the AP when it works within our plans for a year and DP when it was a better 'deal'.

Flexibility is the key 'perc' for us. Our visitation pattern has changed over the last few years. We rarely devote an entire week to visiting WDW since there are so many other amazing things to do from the FLA area. :goodvibes It's especially nice to be typically able to book a resort for a few days surrounding a cruise and not be locked into a week's stay.

Owning DVC has afforded us 'an extra' trip or two each year to either visit WDW or gift our points to family. Nothing like a grandchild enjoying a visit and declaring that you are: the best!;)

:thumbsup2

Several DVC perks fit our needs, including the AP when it works within our plans for a year and DP when it was a better 'deal'.

Flexibility is the key 'perc' for us. Our visitation pattern has changed over the last few years. We rarely devote an entire week to visiting WDW since there are so many other amazing things to do from the FLA area. :goodvibes It's especially nice to be typically able to book a resort for a few days surrounding a cruise and not be locked into a week's stay.

Owning DVC has afforded us 'an extra' trip or two each year to either visit WDW or gift our points to family. Nothing like a grandchild enjoying a visit and declaring that you are: the best!;)

This made us smile! :)

The kitchen! I don't cook at WDW per se, but I love being able to have a bowl of cereal, toast, for breakfast, a bowl of soup for a late night snack, etc.

I love having a villa that feels like home without having to worry about it when I'm not there. Disney takes care of everything, including me and my family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter