Whats your favourite perks to being a DVC member?

Disney every year is the perk... Rooms with full kitchens,,, and The excitment our kids show when we ask "which resort this year?".

if only there was a perk for park tickets, ha

So for us, the annual pass discount; the ability to book at different resorts as we please, when we please; the extra space and kitchens; and since you're from Scotland, the golf discount!!!

After reading the other posts I realized that member perks are really limited and most require us to spend additional money.

A member perk isn't going to WDW, staying in a villa, or cooking in your room, you don't have to be a member to do these things. The AP discount is nice if you are planning to buy one anyway but if you change your plans to stay longer or plan a extra trip, it costs more so is it really a perk?

:earsboy: Bill

not a "perk" per se....
but ours would be being able to vacation somewhere warm, safe, elegant, consistently upbeat, and incredibly relaxing :cloud9:

and not having to come up with many thousands of dollars each time :thumbsup2

disneynutz said:
After reading the other posts I realized that member perks are really limited and most require us to spend additional money.

A member perk isn't going to WDW, staying in a villa, or cooking in your room, you don't have to be a member to do these things. The AP discount is nice if you are planning to buy one anyway but if you change your plans to stay longer or plan a extra trip, it costs more so is it really a perk?

To us (especially our kids) this is a perk,,, we would never stay on Disney in a Villa (1 bedroom villa average $3400) if it was not for DVC (timeshare contract cost ÷ years left when contract was bought + annual dues = $1000ish)... DECENT!

To us (especially our kids) this is a perk,,, we would never stay on Disney in a Villa (1 bedroom villa average $3400) if it was not for DVC (timeshare contract cost ÷ years left when contract was bought + annual dues = $1000ish)... DECENT!

How does that cost compare to someone who rents from an owner only when they want to?

My guess is that most of us won't keep our contracts full term so maybe 10 years or 20 are the years that are left but you get the current selling price minus 10% commission.

I actually did think there would be more 'perks' but I guess the main one is getting to go to Disney when you want!

I would say the AP discount.

Not really a perk I guess since anyone can book them, but I love getting to enjoy such a variety of DVC resorts.

I also like the ease of seeing what's available and booking online. Another little perk that can add up is the 10% Disney stores and dining at Disney.

We got the dvc Dooney and Bourke purse for my wife...she lives it and it's definitely my fave perk so far!!

My favorite perk is how jealous all of my friends are. :lmao:

But seriously ... the AP discount is basically going to make it possible for us to go to WDW twice in seven months. We had a cruise planned for that second trip, but we couldn't afford the tickets to do a land portion. When I remembered the annual pass discount, we fit it into the budget for this year's trip.

Of course, that's going to exhaust our points so we won't be able to go for two years afterwards. But it's worth it.

Now it'll just be a matter of resisting the temptation to add-on when we're on that cruise and know we'll be out of points when we get home ... :sad:

We have owned almost 14 years and have only bought the discounted APs twice. It is a great perk though for those that can take advantage of it yearly or close to it.

There are a few DVC discounts - but not much to make a big difference.

We do love the flexibility of trying different resorts, booking a studio, 1bdr. etc, booking various times of the year and any # of nights we want.

We love the fact that we know we will be back.

At checkout NOT having to pay a room bill.
Having been on more than 100+ DVC vacations that we never would of had, the more I enjoy going on vacation and not having to worry about a bill at the end, of the trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter