Whats your favourite perks to being a DVC member?

The rooms! I love the extra space (a regular hotel room seems so cramped now!), the kitchen (even though I don't do a lot of actual cooking on vaca) and the washer/dryer in the room. Weird, I know. But coming home and NOT having to do laundry is an amazing luxury to me. Get to pack less, throw in a load as we head off somewhere and come home with clean clothes.

In terms of the portable perks, the dining and merchandise discounts you get fur being a member.

My favorite perk is how jealous all of my friends are. :lmao:

But seriously ... the AP discount is basically going to make it possible for us to go to WDW twice in seven months. We had a cruise planned for that second trip, but we couldn't afford the tickets to do a land portion. When I remembered the annual pass discount, we fit it into the budget for this year's trip.

Of course, that's going to exhaust our points so we won't be able to go for two years afterwards. But it's worth it.

Now it'll just be a matter of resisting the temptation to add-on when we're on that cruise and know we'll be out of points when we get home ... :sad:

I'm already contemplating adding on points and we have just joined! :P :) Because we live in Scotland a three week jaunt is necessary to really justify the long haul flights (This is what I tell myself anyway :D)

This is what happened to us Mina. We started with 150 at SSR, then added 100 at BLT and now those points at the Poly are looking tantalising… wonder what the DVC discount will be on them???

Our biggest Perk is knowing that, if times are hard and we need that trip…the accommodation is paid for and we have saved at least one trip's spending money in our US account so all we would have to find is airfare and tickets! Every trip we put whatever $$ we have left in our US account and it soon starts to add up.:cool1:

Larger rooms, washer and dryer
No bill at checkout
AP discount

Miss the Valet parking very much and would love that back, lol!

This is what happened to us Mina. We started with 150 at SSR, then added 100 at BLT and now those points at the Poly are looking tantalising… wonder what the DVC discount will be on them???

Our biggest Perk is knowing that, if times are hard and we need that trip…the accommodation is paid for and we have saved at least one trip's spending money in our US account so all we would have to find is airfare and tickets! Every trip we put whatever $$ we have left in our US account and it soon starts to add up.:cool1:

We have an account in dollars as well, the exchange rate is pretty decent at the moment! Only slightly worried about this potential independence messing with my exchange rate!! :coffee: Flights are also very favourable to the US, long may it continue!

Question.. is there any benefit buying the dining plan, not necessarily DVC benefit, but just any saving to be made? :) We got it free with our first Disney trip (before DVC) and now I just feel its the best idea as it means we don't have to worry about meals when we get there... however, I love a wee bargain!

I like that it changed the way we travel to WDW. We don't feel the need to visit every park every time. We relax and explore. If we plan to do a park and it storms we say, "Oh well, we'll be back soon".

I agree with this one. And also being able to stay in a deluxe villa EVERY trip :cool1:

It's great to be able to go to the Top of the World Lounge at Bay Lake Tower Resort and be able to have such a nice view of the fireworks without the crowds and while enjoying a wee drink.

Best perks for us:
1. Large space...we always stay in a 1BR and it's wonderful during afternoon breaks and at night when the kids go to sleep earlier than we do.
2. Being able to get the TIW card. None of the dining plans fit into the way we eat...either too much food or too few TS meal entitlements. Love the TIW card, especially since DH and I love wine or a drink with dinner while on vacation, and the discount includes alcohol.
3. Being able to afford to stay within walking distance of Epcot and DHS. BWV is our home resort and we love it there.
4. 20% off at Picabu, the CS at theDolphin. Only a short walk from BWV and their food is really good. It's a small perk, but a nice added bonus since the TIW card is not accepted at most CS locations.
5. The shopping discount. We always end up buying Xmas presents for people and a few souvenirs so this is a nice perk. Those are mainly the perks we take advantage of.

6. The washer and dryer...never thought I'd want to do laundry on vacation but it's much nicer to do that and not have to do tons of it when we return! :)

We love DVC and we love our home resort, BWV. We always stay there!

I like the discount on the annual passes or the PAP and we have used the perk just about every year they have come out.

My most favorite gift from DVC has been my Iphone case that came to us in the 2013 January Member Cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter