Whats your major?

I just got my degree in Elementary Education, but I am currently in school to get my Masters. I was told if you don't go back to school right away, you lose the motivation. Plus, money is lacking in the teaching profession, so having a Masters will help boost salary. Not that I'm in the profession for the money.

My UG major was Business Administration and I focused in Marketing and Management Science.
Why? Because I was working as an office manager and told that I'd get a big promotion when I completed the degree.... finished the degree, didn't get promoted as promised... quite, then went back to school...

My MS was in Computer Science with a focus in Computer Information Systems.
Why? Because it was semi-business related and I really enjoyed working with computers. I hoped to finished the program and then teach at the community college level, or find a nice programming job. Yeah, that didn't work out either... sucky job market when I graduated. I ended up working as a database analyst at the college I graduated from. Fortunately, they offer tuition assistance, so I figured I might as well work on another degree while I'm here...

Now, I'm working on a PhD in Higher Education.
Why? Because the school is paying for it and I have moved into an administrative position in higher education. I enjoy the working in this environment and figured I needed the PhD to advance any further and get the higher salaries!

dementia412 said:
Major Anthropology
Minor History

Why? Because I was sucked in by Indiana Jones! :goodvibes No, really because I love learning about the humanity. Don't ask what I'm gonna do with THAT major. :confused3

I also am an anthropology major. And don't worry Dementia, there are so many jobs out there who would love an employee with an anthro background...cultural competency & awareness, globalism--- two parts of anthro which have hugggee importance right now!

As for me, I want to study epidemiology after I get my BA.

Aimros said:
I also am an anthropology major. And don't worry Dementia, there are so many jobs out there who would love an employee with an anthro background...cultural competency & awareness, globalism--- two parts of anthro which have hugggee importance right now!

As for me, I want to study epidemiology after I get my BA.

Hello Fellow Anthor majors....still working on my masters but after five years..its sad to admit...lol....I went anthro because i want the college to pay for me to see the world....been through half and looking fwd to the rest...Oh and i did get a job...Medical Research (who knew) :cool1:

Im a management major, specifing in hotel & restaurant. Once I graduate,(only 1 more year!!) down to Florida I go to work at WDW. Hopefully, i'll be able to get a management position right off the bat. But no matter what, i'll be working for a great company and a place that i already love! YEAH DISNEY!

I started out as a nursing major. Then switched to elementary education. Now I have no idea what I want to do. I've thought about maybe going into biology with a pre-vet emphasis. If I get into vet school, I'd like to eventually work in a zoo (Animal Kingdom). If I don't get into vet school, I still have the biology degree and could become a zookeeper (Animal Kingdom) and work towards getting my vet tech degree online through Purdue.

Well I am a Pre-Law with a major in political sciences with a concentration in law and legal studies, with minors in History and Spanish. I know it's quite a mouthful. I choose Law because I have always found that subject to be very interesting and after I recieve my Undergraduate degree I want to go to Law school and become a lawyer someday.

I am political science because they make you pick a major and it was something that they recommended. I dont love it but I deal. I would much rather major in History but you can't really do anything with it but teach which i wont do. And it's always good to know a foreign language especially if you plan to study aboard, like me. And besides all that I want to do the college program in Spring 08 and still graduate on time in 09. lol we'll see how i'll do.

Well I just transfered from civil engineering into mechanical engineering for the time being... we'll see if I stay in it

My major is Family and Consumer Sciences Education. What the heck is that you're asking? Home Ec Teaching. And I absolutely love it! I always knew I wanted to be a teacher but for the longest time I thought I wanted to teach history. Changed my mind the last semester of my senior year in high school and decided to be an FCS teacher because I had always loved taking home ec classes and history involves too much writing anyway. After one year of school I still think my major is great. I hope to teach mostly sewing/apparel and crafts type classes and a few family and child science classes. Anything but cooking really. What most people don't know is that I can go into a lot of other fields other than just teaching with a little more training because I will already have a background in areas like clothing, family and child science, hospitality, design, cooking, life skills, money management, and all of that fun stuff. I love it! Oh...and I hope to get a second teaching field in social studies by the time I graduate.

I am fininishing up my Liberal Arts degree and then transferring to complete my Bachelor's of Music Performance (clarinet & piano). :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter