Wheelchair 'compatable' winter coat?

I’ve actually seen some magnetic closures on clothing for disabled access. The issue I’ve seen with it is that they can pop open pretty easily. We got rid of the piece of clothing my daughter had with magnets for that reason.

I’ve got some purses with them on, too. One has a strong set of magnets that it’s hard to get open. The other doesn’t hold well.

Yep - I have purses like that too. Feast or famine!

A friend of mine started a company that was one of the pioneers in clothing designed specifically for the elderly, (and then they realized that disabled folks could benefit from their designs with just a bit of tweaking as well). Magnets just didn't work as @SueM in MN knows, and back then, Velcro was still kind of a no-no for clothing (depending on where the closure was) because it was still so thick and the plastic was so scratchy on the edges, it could injure delicate skin.

The poncho ended up being the perfect solution! We found one that had a nice "weather resistant" outer layer and warm fleece on the inside! Got it to him early and he was delighted!
Oooooh very nice! I have a big poncho from from Winterbourne Alpaca - I don't think I can link to their web site but very very nice products!

This link https://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&no...dPicg5bMsEhnhQ4SvZP_MCYAMufJSSxpjDgykqljw_wcB came up on my screen tonight. I haven't looked to see if there's any outerwear.
Thanks for sharing! I was so hopeful during the original search that this line might have something. They do have some outerwear, but all front-closing, so didn't work for my great-uncle. To the good, they are presenting a line of clothing that is fashionable, somewhat more accessible (i.e. available on Amazon), and may well suit the needs of some others with mobility issues. I'll be interested in seeing if they expand the range at some point!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter