When are points first available to purchase for new resorts

bashuck

Mouseketeer
So the next new resort to go on sale is Riviera. If they plan on opening it say Nov 2019, when would they first start selling points? I understand UY as it relates to my resale VWL contract, but I don't fully understand 'picking' your UY up front. Is it effected by the current month in any way? If my existing contract has an Oct UY would my ability to purchase a matching one be effected by them not planning to open until Nov?

Thanks.

If they open November 2019, they would start pre-sales about 4-6 months prior based on previous record.

Ability to purchase wouldn't be impacted by not planning to open until November.

If they open November 2019, they would start pre-sales about 4-6 months prior based on previous record.

Ability to purchase wouldn't be impacted by not planning to open until November.
Thank you. I had just found this on Copper Creek which is right in line with what you said so that odds are it will be similar unless someone knows this to have been an outlier. Current DVC members will be able to add-on points at CCV on March 8, while sales to the general public will start on April 5th. The resort is scheduled to open on July 17, 2017.

Thank you. I had just found this on Copper Creek which is right in line with what you said so that odds are it will be similar unless someone knows this to have been an outlier. Current DVC members will be able to add-on points at CCV on March 8, while sales to the general public will start on April 5th. The resort is scheduled to open on July 17, 2017.
It's normal for DVC to open new resort sales to existing members first.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter