When do YOU think Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway will open?

Not really, Disney isn't going to go to a paid FP system. That rumor has been around from "credible sources" since before FP was introduced originally. There is nothing to suggest the rumor is any more credible now than it was then and in fact many things point towards Disney not doing paid FPs. I could see them allowing all on-site guests to buy into say a 75 day window over a 60 day window, but nothing beyond that.

They will continue with the tiers (as long as Galaxy's Edge attractions get FP+ at some time). I could also see them offering pre park opening or post park closing access to Galaxy's Edge for a fee, but charging for basic FP? Nope, guests would revolt aside from the few people that want to see paid FPs.

First of all, How do you know they they are not going to go to a paid FP system? Do you have some inside information? I for one do think the WILL go to a paid option. In fact, I purchased some FP+ that I am going to use on our upcoming trip in 3 weeks. I also purchased them for our September and December 2018 trips.

Martin at WDWMagic.com just dropped a bomb that this may have a large delay..... and he clearly pointed out this was not an April Fools day thing...

BUMMER!!! Was looking forward to this more than Galaxy's Edge! I hope it's open by May 2020.

BUMMER!!! Was looking forward to this more than Galaxy's Edge! I hope it's open by May 2020.
I don’t think this is a major delay where it will open in 2020. It was supposed to open before SWGE. It may or may not. I can’t see it being delayed into 2020 but of course stranger things have happened.

I don’t think this is a major delay where it will open in 2020. It was supposed to open before SWGE. It may or may not. I can’t see it being delayed into 2020 but of course stranger things have happened.
Per Martin it was originally scheduled for mid to late summer, hearing now fall at some point? Seems to be very fluid with no real understanding what the issue is

Per Martin it was originally scheduled for mid to late summer, hearing now fall at some point? Seems to be very fluid with no real understanding what the issue is

Mid summer would have been great for me. Oh well. I wasn't counting on it anyway.

Thanks for the update.

I've never been to WDW around the time a new ride opened. Do they always release FP+ for the ride right away or after a bit of time?

For the Pandora rides, they opened 60 days in advance. That was probably the easiest time to get Flight of Passage as only people who closely followed the news knew to grab them right away.

I believe WDW is interested in opening Runaway Railway as close to the opening of Star Wars land as possible. It will have a large capacity and would help siphon off the crowds away from Star Wars land. Trust me, after Pandora, Disney is aware of the potential of how miserable an experience overcrowding can be and will try to come up with strategies to offset the inevitable cluster f%$#^&.

According to blog Mickey looks like early 2020. I was hoping for sept when I’ll be there

According to blog Mickey looks like early 2020. I was hoping for sept when I’ll be there
I wouldn't plan on it. Per Martin he is NOT surprised this is out there, and when one poster spoke of a trip in January, Martin's response was "when in January..."

So hopefully this doesn't go much longer than Jan 2020.

That being said, I wonder if Disney does not put a HUGE push to get this going in time for the fall date....as this park will be buried under people once SWGE opens

What came first, Martin hinting January 2020 or the Blog Mickey post? (Just curious since I’m not familiar with Blog Mickey).

It’s April. Until someone tells us what exactly is causing the delay, then I’m waiting this out. It could still open in the fall on schedule (just maybe not before SW:GE).

What came first, Martin hinting January 2020 or the Blog Mickey post? (Just curious since I’m not familiar with Blog Mickey).

It’s April. Until someone tells us what exactly is causing the delay, then I’m waiting this out. It could still open in the fall on schedule (just maybe not before SW:GE).
Martin said it was delayed but never gave anything specific. Then the article came from BlogMickey and Martin hinted at late January,

Honestly, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Martin is completely wrong and this opens June 18 as that will be the day after we leave Disney World for our next trip and that would be my luck.

Honestly, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Martin is completely wrong and this opens June 18 as that will be the day after we leave Disney World for our next trip and that would be my luck.
I won't be opening that early if it does.

As I said, it would be my luck, who really knows when it will open though? I dare say that not even management does or we would have heard by now.
Exactly and with rumors of delays from several sources of course they wouldn't announce a date yet.

could it be a plan delay? Meaning if they open this up in September there won’t be any more crowds because of Star Wars land ride opening. Than In December have another Star Wars ride opening. The crowds are going to be packed because of Star Wars land. Your going to get the hardcore people coming back just for this ride. You have the hardcore Disney fans coming to Disney three different times in less than half of a year. . Very very smart Disney. $$$$$$$$

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter