When is Onboard Entertainment is available for booking?

dvcdisney

DIS Veteran
On the RCCL FAQ, it says that onboard entertainment would be available for booking at least 3 months prior.

It's less than that for my cruise and it's still not showing when I log in.

Is it different now during Covid?

Has others been able to book at 3 mths or earlier?

Thanks for any help!

Another board has a lot of posts about this, it looks like you have to make reservations on board at the moment due to COVID. I am cruising at the end of October and was wondering the same for dining!

Another board has a lot of posts about this, it looks like you have to make reservations on board at the moment due to COVID. I am cruising at the end of October and was wondering the same for dining!

Thanks for posting! I'll try to find more info on this. I was just wondering if anyone was able to book it at 3mth prior as shown on their website.

I was able to book my dining. For my cruise in Dec, it's only the entertainment that's not available.

It varies with every cruise, and every ship. I have had cruises where entertainment wasn’t bookable until about 3 weeks out, others where I could book 3 months out.

So, it's not necessarily because of Covid that I don't see the option of the entertainment booking.

I thought perhaps it's posted somewhere that because of the pandemic, entertainment bookings won't be available until closer to the date.

I'll keep checking every day. I guess it could be there anytime. I was able to book most things already. I just want to make sure I'm timing the dining properly.

Does anyone know what time, generally, the main entertainments would be? Is it usually after 7pm, after 8pm or all over the day and night?

I recalled seeing shows at night, but I don't remember if we had dinner before or after.

You used to be able to book entertainment beforehand (I think it was under "Onboard Activities" and then "All Entertainment"), but I hear now you need to wait until you board. It's probably due to covid as there is a vaccinated only section in the main theatre and an unvaccinated section (higher deck).

You used to be able to book entertainment beforehand (I think it was under "Onboard Activities" and then "All Entertainment"), but I hear now you need to wait until you board. It's probably due to covid as there is a vaccinated only section in the main theatre and an unvaccinated section (higher deck).

Thanks!

I really need to keep up! I thought that now that everyone 12+ are required to be vaccinated, they did away with the vaccinated and unvaccinated sections.

If I have to wait until boarding, is it something we can book on the app?

I just like to get things booked ahead of time so I don't have to change my dining there. But I guess this is not the time to have firm plans.

Thanks!

I really need to keep up! I thought that now that everyone 12+ are required to be vaccinated, they did away with the vaccinated and unvaccinated sections.

If I have to wait until boarding, is it something we can book on the app?

I just like to get things booked ahead of time so I don't have to change my dining there. But I guess this is not the time to have firm plans.
Correct, 12+ must be vaccinated but then you have kids less than 12 who can't the vaccine yet.

That's my understanding...but no harm to keep checking the cruise planner incase anything changes between now and Dec. Also, in the past you could pre-book the iFly and North Star....so I guess those are also when you board via the app.

I'm the same and love to pre-plan and know the timing of things.

Our first RC cruise will be this February. I had no idea reservations were needed for entertainment. Do they tend to fill up and where on the ship do you make reservations? Is this something we should do as soon as boarding? Thanks

You usually need it only on the ships with Broadway shows - quantum and oasis class ships. They present the shows on different days and at different times so you can coordinate it with your dinner time for that night.

Our first RC cruise will be this February. I had no idea reservations were needed for entertainment. Do they tend to fill up and where on the ship do you make reservations? Is this something we should do as soon as boarding? Thanks
We did Anthem in 2018 and have it booked again in November. For that ship prebooking iFly as soon as it was released was important in order to guarantee you got to try it (tip for any activity you may want to try - book for the first day it’s open. If there’s bad weather or the boat is Rocky they close it. Relatives didn’t book as soon as I told them to and there slot was at the end of the week. We hit rough seas and it ended up closing the last couple days). I also booked shows, but those were less important.
for this cruise there is no opportunity to book prior to boarding. According to reports you have to be on ship wifi in order to book. We got the earliest boarding time and will be making it a point to start booking as soon as we get on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter