Where’s Pluto?

Interesting, the pool use isn't included in the campground admission?

Really. The way I read it the pool was indeed part of the campground and not part of the wave park. That does sound kinda steep ($20 per day of use for 2 adults and 2 kids).

Guess I'll quit grumlin' about the resort fees I paid at Gulf SP. They weren't THIS bad. I paid $45 in resort fees there for a 7 night stay and the fee included more than just the pool (free access to Beach Pavilion/parking and Fishing Pier/parking, trail network, and more) but the pool is probably a big chunk of that fee.

It might be worth it at Waveland if it's a really hot day though.

Good update and thanks for the pix and review, WeLovePluto.

Ed

Last edited:
I read it the way you did Ed. When we were in the pool, the lifeguard sent someone to get a wristband but didn’t say anything to me. So I didn’t volunteer to try to wrangle 2 kids out of the pool.

so when we were exploring, I asked about it and the lady at the store said you had to pay for it. I didn’t follow up to see if that’s per stay or per day either.

i expect the water park to be outside the cost of the campground, but didn’t expect the pool to.

I noticed today when picking up camp that the seal on the slide is pulling apart again. That’s the 2nd time in 2 years, which leads me to believe there’s some kind of design problem.

in addition to that, there was water dripping out of the front drivers side corner of the trailer this morning. Nothing around there was wet, there was no trail of water down from the roof to that spot. So I’m not sure what’s going on. I presume I need to bring the ladder over to the camper and see if anything on the roof needs to be re-caulked. Otherwise I presume there’s a problem in the camper somewhere. Which would suck more.

If you find anything good about your slide seal please share. We have had to fix ours twice as well. However the first time the guy said the slide is not correct like it is off centerish so i think that is why we keep having issues with the seal tearing

If you find anything good about your slide seal please share. We have had to fix ours twice as well. However the first time the guy said the slide is not correct like it is off centerish so i think that is why we keep having issues with the seal tearing

the local place I took it to last time said that he was going to check that as well.

Glad you understood my technical speak 😂

You blinded me with science .....

iu

Remember when MTV got started with videos like Thomas Dolby's "She Blinded Me With Science" from 1982?

I bet Kris remembers.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Bama Ed

PS - Pluto, I hope you can get to the bottom of your seal problem.

I am the 4th kid of 5 in my family, there was NO WAY my oldest two siblings would miss the MTV go live. What I thought was cool was the local cable company was simulcasting the MTV audio on 88.1. All you had to do was connect the cable to your antenna in on your HiFi, I recall my brother and dad connecting it so they could do that.

We were supposed to go camping at Hidden Oaks in Robert, La this weekend. Unfortunately, it looked like this on Wednesday:581567

so we had to call a last minute audible and we headed to Cajun Palms in Breaux Bridge instead. We were able to get a double site with our friends (pictures will have to be tomorrow). The original plan was for me to check in at hidden oaks early and DW and kids come up later, but we nixed that with the longer drive so we didn’t get here until 6:30 or so.

we brought the kids to the pool for a few minutes and then came back for dinner. Trying to get them settled in for the night.

So here’s our double campspot I didn’t have a chance to get a picture until night again. it needs to be slightly wider to accommodate both awnings. Other than that it’s a nice campsite.

There’s lots of water activities here. There’s a kiddie pool. It’s about 18” deep.

there’s water slides which empty into a pool with a volleyball net

there’s the main pool. (I didn’t get a good picture of this one. It’s huge. To the left there’s a a whole section much larger than this and a swim up bar.)

These 2 pools say they’re 4’, but both of my kids can stand in them and they aren’t that tall. It makes watching them much less worrisome.

we made 3 trips to the pools today after a bacon/sausage/pancakes/eggs breakfast.

for dinner we did roast beef PO-boys out of the crock pot. Then I had to find firewood cause I forgot to pick some up on the way. It took 4 stops to find some, and I knew when I picked up the bag it was gonna be a rough one. so we had some steamed marshmallow s’mores

the kids went back to the pool before it closed, so then I checked the adults only pool. I’m not sure if the 2 in it had been carded or not.

So here’s our double campspot I didn’t have a chance to get a picture until night again. it needs to be slightly wider to accommodate both awnings. Other than that it’s a nice campsite.

View attachment 581755

There’s lots of water activities here. There’s a kiddie pool. It’s about 18” deep.

View attachment 581756

there’s water slides which empty into a pool with a volleyball net

View attachment 581757

there’s the main pool. (I didn’t get a good picture of this one. It’s huge. To the left there’s a a whole section much larger than this and a swim up bar.)

View attachment 581758

These 2 pools say they’re 4’, but both of my kids can stand in them and they aren’t that tall. It makes watching them much less worrisome.

we made 3 trips to the pools today after a bacon/sausage/pancakes/eggs breakfast.

for dinner we did roast beef PO-boys out of the crock pot. Then I had to find firewood cause I forgot to pick some up on the way. It took 4 stops to find some, and I knew when I picked up the bag it was gonna be a rough one. so we had some steamed marshmallow s’mores

View attachment 581762

the kids went back to the pool before it closed, so then I checked the adults only pool. I’m not sure if the 2 in it had been carded or not.

View attachment 581763
Surprised you could get anything last minute at a place like that this year…never mind a double site together… last minute up here and your lucky to get a “safari” site or the like on a weekend….

Surprised you could get anything last minute at a place like that this year…never mind a double site together… last minute up here and your lucky to get a “safari” site or the like on a weekend….

we were surprised too. all of the places within an hour or so were booked. this is a little more than 2 hours, which is a lot for a Fri-Sun trip.

Cajun Palms has 400+ sites now.

It was our turn today....we picked up the camper and started towards Navarre Beach we didn’t get out of the city yet when this happened.

So we called Good Sam who dispatched someone towards us. That person called and told me they didn’t have the tools to change a camper tire so to call the state police. The state police said I needed to call the local police. The local police told me they’d send one of the DOT people.

we waited for about an hour because I didn’t want to let kids out of car seats on the side of the interstate to access the jack. I loosened lug nuts and got the spare ready in the meantime. And DW walked back and recovered the missing plastic piece of the wheel well.

Eventually I gave up and changed the tire myself. As I got back in the truck, DOT showed up. He followed me to a gas station which shockingly had a working air pump so I could get the spare fully inflated.

DW called good Sam back to try to find another person while I was working on it myself. They told her an hour and a half. While we were in a city. They’ll be getting another call tomorrow about non existent customer service. The only thing I can really figure is good Sam doesn’t pay the people enough to make it worth their while for the trip or something

The good news is that I think all of the damage is superficial. I need to check the propane line for leaks in the morning. I just shut it off for the rest of the ride.

I’m not sure what caused the failure. It basically split in half clean from rim to rim at that spot at 3’oclock on the picture. I thought I heard weird noises right as I got on the interstate, but one of the nice things about LA is that the roads are so ****ty you learn to ignore that or you’d stop at every exit to check your stuff. And it was another 20-30 miles before the tire gave up.

I called around and found a nearby pep boys that had the right size tire and replaced the bad tire and put the spare back. (Pep Boys also said they didn’t have the tools to change a tire on a camper. Though at that point I had left everything in the bed of the truck, so it took a couple minutes.)

We got back on the road and continued our way towards Florida. Except halfway through Mississippi something had the GPS showing a 45 minute delay. So we exited and took the scenic route for a while.

then we got back on just before Alabama, which put us into Mobile at 5 pm. So that wasn’t ideal either.

we ended up getting to our campsite around 7:15. So it took 8:15 minutes to make it 240 miles today.

and I called the local service place to get it checked out when we get home (and fix the damage), but they can’t take it for a month.

I’m pretty sure I’m going to be buying more new tires soon as well.

hopefully tomorrow is a more fun update.

Seems to be that type of season. I'm heading to Iowa next weekend for DW and her sisters to see their aunt. The MH has new tires, but I'm expecting the car trailer to grenade at least 1. I have 2 spares for it and carry a jack, tools and air hose (MH has an air compressor for the air bags with a connection under the "hood").

It is about 750 miles round trip, so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

j

The weather has not cooperated with this trip. Saturday we did some swimming in the pool and had a big shower in the middle. Yesterday we were supposed to meet family at the public beach, so spent the morning fishing. Then they bailed, so we did some pool time and beach time before going watch fireworks. and the rain came right at the fireworks.

Today is shaping up to be a total washout.

Oh well. still better than not camping.

We caught a break yesterday and the rain quit around lunchtime and stayed away the rest of the day. Once it quit the kids went to the pool and stayed basically until bedtime , except for a dinner break and some scooter time.

here are some pictures from the trip. It took until we were starting to pack up last night, but I did get a picture of the campsite #47. The sites are a little tight, but bearable. Unfortunately next year this whole row was already booked for the 4th, so we’ll be in one

B5ECF126-6D61-438C-9420-E1176BF87853.jpeg

Here is a shot of the campground and beach from the pier while we were fishing. The water stays about knee deep out past the end of the pier, which is nice when chasing kids

DD2 was having some issues with casting...she managed to hit that post with her cork so hard that she smashed it. So we learned how to fish without one and she was super excited to catch a fish that way.

and while we were out there, someone was looking for a free meal (hard to get size context from the picture....but it was nearly the Size of the 6 year old.). It hopped down from the railing and got even closer. I can’t say that I’m disappointed we didn’t catch any fish while it was there.

Finally, the rain that held off yesterday afternoon was not as kind today. We did a lot of camp break down last night, but still had to finish up this morning in the rain. We got on the road and it rained almost the whole way. Some of it was quite heavy. There were a few bad wrecks along the way as well.

the trip back to the storage facility was 240 miles. We didn’t catch much traffic in the Mobile tunnel. It still took 6 hours between the rain and the wrecks.

we have another quick weekend trip planned this weekend an hour away. The we’ll have a bit of a break and will send the camper to get repaired from the wheel damage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter