Where’s Pluto?

Pep Boys also said they didn’t have the tools to change a tire on a camper.
Kinda frustrating. Didn't have tools to change tires on a camper? It's not a Lamborghini, it's a trailer
Floor jack and a lug wrench. Yikes.
Glad you got it fixed and back on the road

Kinda frustrating. Didn't have tools to change tires on a camper? It's not a Lamborghini, it's a trailer
Floor jack and a lug wrench. Yikes.
Glad you got it fixed and back on the road

the company that good Sam called telling me that was more frustrating. At least by the time I got to pep boys I had an inflated tire and was in a parking lot. I need to start carrying my floor jack when I have room in the bed of the truck.

getting it jacked up from a flat tire on the side of the interstate is scary.

the only thing I can figure is good Sam doesn’t pay the company enough to make it worth their while.

Last weekend we went to Land O Pines in Covington La for their Wet n Wild weekend.

we stayed on site C64, which had a gravel pad and full hookups. In a weird quirk, the site behind us shared an electrical pole. But there was only one 30A in the box as the other site is designated as 50A only. The other person was there before me, plugged into the 30A, and neither of us had a 50A adapter. I tried using the 20A because I did have an adapter for that, but it didn’t work at all. Tried to buy a 50A adapter at the shop, but they didn’t have any. The other camper was a regular there, so maintenance brought him an adapter and we all lived happily ever after

the idea behind wet n wild weekend is that it’s a water gun free for all. Including in golf carts and wagons towed behind vehicles. You’re quite warned that if you don’t want to get wet, you need to stay inside. The kids had a lot of fun with it. And it kinda died out around dinner time on Saturday, so it wasn’t excessive. It is probably much more pleasant when it’s not overcast/rainy/kinda chilly all weekend.

We stayed here last Halloween and enjoyed it. This time we got to try out the pool and water slide. The water slide is an extra fee ($15/day or you can do other options with a limited number of rides.). The kids loved it and stayed there for hours.

they had these guys
floating around in the pool. I thought they looked evil.

another nice thing about this place is that they do 6pm checkout on Sunday, so no need to run out first thing in the morning.That let us take the kids to play in the river for a little while before heading home.

784B67AA-2FEC-47B4-866D-AE705EB57710.jpeg

The water is chilly, and it had a pretty good current. There’s a couple little beach areas to play at as well.
We stayed in there about 5 minutes too long because I had to finish packing up in a monsoon.

I also had to put my spare on, because the mechanic with us looked at one of my tires and told me the belt was damaged and it was gonna fail at any time. So I need to actually finish the process of replacing all of them before we go anywhere else.

my next trip is to the repair shop to fix the damage from last week’s blown tire.

I tell ya, man, you and the other DIS'sers it's weird that there are so many tire troubles seems-like-all-of-a-sudden ....

That's a nice Sunday afternoon checkout policy, agreed.

ED

We had our appointment with the repair place for our tire damage this week. Nothing found wrong with the camper other than the fender damage. The fender is on back order, so no idea when they'll be able to replace it. Just waiting for it to come in.

They also repaired the seal on the slide again, which was covered by the extended warranty so that was a nominal fee.

And they told me the roof needed some resealing. Camping World had also told me that, but I'm pretty sure they'd have charged me 4x as much and not actually done it right. So I let the local place do it.

I'll be going pick it up in the coming days and will just bring it back when the fender comes in.

I'm still working on swapping out all of the crappy tires as well.

I finished replacing tires just in time for an impromptu evacuation camping trip. FYI, the Goodyear guy tells me there's a shortage of trailer tires for the rest of the year. Still have no idea when I'll have a new fender.

we're heading out after the kids (well, kid...) gets out of school. we have had 1 day + orientation where they were both in school. one got quarantined after orientation. they both got to go to school yesterday, and then the other one got quarantined. This school year is going to rock!!!

We're going stay around Natchitoches and hoping that is far enough west/inland for this one. We're also hoping we're being overly cautious.

We made it to our evacuation spot around 12:30 last night. Traffic was on really bad making it from our house to our camper (we took 90 to Lafayette to avoid Baton Rouge). But that 20 minute drive took over an hour. Other than that: finding gas was a pain. And Louisiana roads are so so so terrible.

I may need to adjust where we’re parked once everyone wakes up this morning, as the hookups for the next site are in our front yard. Even if no one is in it, it will still be a pain to deal with.

it’s also Jude’s first camping trip. So far, he hasn’t eaten any camper furniture in the first 7 hours, so I’m gonna call it a win.

I tried to put the sheet down to maybe be prevention, but I don’t think that’s helping.

Jude's a cutie. I have cousins in Kenner & they are staying put. Wished they would leave. Prayers for Louisiana that this storm will slow down to a light rain storm. Be safe!

Looks like we’ll be safe where we are. The storm moved a little closer to home than they were projecting yesterday, so we just have to wait and see now.

if we’re gonna be out of power for a while, we definitely need to find a campground with at least a playground. We did get a nice sunset over the lake last night.

Well, in reference to another thread, the price/night of our camper is about to go down….

we are safe. Family is safe. My neighbor reports that the house looks decent.

but the entergy transmission lines that feed the city fell into the river, so they’re expecting weeks without power.

we’ve booked a week in Laurel, MS starting Wednesday. There’s a pool and a playground. That’s only 1.5 hours from home, so hopefully we can get into the city at some point and check out our stuff.

We made it to our evacuation spot around 12:30 last night. Traffic was on really bad making it from our house to our camper (we took 90 to Lafayette to avoid Baton Rouge). But that 20 minute drive took over an hour. Other than that: finding gas was a pain. And Louisiana roads are so so so terrible.

I may need to adjust where we’re parked once everyone wakes up this morning, as the hookups for the next site are in our front yard. Even if no one is in it, it will still be a pain to deal with.

View attachment 600488

it’s also Jude’s first camping trip. So far, he hasn’t eaten any camper furniture in the first 7 hours, so I’m gonna call it a win.

View attachment 600489

I tried to put the sheet down to maybe be prevention, but I don’t think that’s helping.

We put on couch protectors, but find they get knocked off by our German Shepard also. So we try also, but it is tough.

Glad you are all safe.

I have not heard from them & no phone service. Thank you for asking. I pray your home will be OK when you can return. Jude is so cute & knows how to entertain himself. Stay safe. Laure Miss. is where Home Town on HGTV is filmed - they the show.

We have relocated to Laurel Ms. it’s a couple hours out of New Orleans. We got set up in time for dinner and then it got dark and started raining.

there’s a pool and a playground, so the kids should have stuff to do for a while. We’re booked here through Wednesday. Hoping we don’t need to extend longer than that. Some electricity has started back up in the city.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter