Where do you and your significant other stay?

NewJersey

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

Thinking about booking a trip in January with my boyfriend and we both want to do Polynesian for the location, we've heard great things, and the setting is romantic.

Where do you and your bf/gf usually stay? Just curious!

Hey Jersey!

Polynesian is indeed beautiful!

My favorite deluxe resort to stay at has been Animal Kingdom Lodge, but after having seen pics of the newly renovated Contemporary rooms...: :love:

For the more budget minded, I thought Port orleans French Quarter was quite nice. Very quiet, beautiful grounds, and at a smidge over 100$, the price is right!

We're DVC members and our favorite home away from home is the BCV, but if we're staying in a regular room, off points, we adore AKL - heading back in August.

Every on-property visit we've made since December 1999 has been at OKW. We fell in love with it as guests of DVC members, then we joined DVC. Although we own points at both Boardwalk Villas and Saratoga Springs, OKW is our fave.

I think we'll use points to stay at the Poly or the Contemporary sometime in the future, but the last few trips we've taken have been with lots of friends and family, so we'll wait for when it's "just the two of us" on the trip.

AKL - savannah view is another resort I'd like to try asap.

Poly is on our short list still. And OKW looks great too!

Ditto AKL! We stayed there last December and fell in love with it. Whenever I would wake up in the middle of the night, I'd go to the window to see which animals were roaming (or sleeping) right underneath our window. Just amazing!

We're DVC members with our home resort being BWV. We prefer staying there or at BCV because of the convenience of being able to walk to Epcot and walk or boat to the Studios. However, we have also stayed at OKW, WLV, WL, POR, POFQ, and CSR, and have enjoyed them all. [Edited to add: FW cabins. Guess I blocked that trip out, since we both were sick as a dog for most of the trip...but the cabin was nice!] Haven't done AKL yet, but love visiting there (and eating at Jiko and Boma), so someday we may have to try staying there. As far as romantic locales, the PO complex is one of the most beautifully landscaped resorts around (it's won landscaping awards, in fact). However, pick the theming you two find most romantic, choose the resort that has it, and you will not be disappointed! :)

I have a house 11 minutes from Magic Kingdom's cast gate. Since I bought it, I have stayed at DAK Lodge twice for a weekend. My favorite place on property.

/carmi

So far, we have stayed at ASMu, POP, and CSR. We liked them all. I preferred CSR because I can book a king room and know that I will get a king bed in my room. I liked POP because it was so fun, but it's so packed with guests when full that it's just a bit too much for me. I think that ASMu will always hold a special place in my heart because it was the first place that we ever stayed onsite.

My dream is to stay at AKL with a Savannah view room. Gabby wants to stay at the Poly one day. Then again, ultimately, I want to own a DVC membership, but give me a few years to pay off my car and motorcycle and then I can get a new "toy". :teeth: Maggie

We stay at one of the Marriott VC properties. Personally, I need to get away from all things Disney for a couple hours a day and I just LOVE those Marriott Reward Points.
Too bad Disney doesn't offer some kind of reward program for frequent stayers. If fact, they don't even seem to remember us from previous stays. Each check-in takes as long as all the rest. Marriott just asks me if I've stayed with them before, takes my rewards card and CC and hands me the room key. If there isn't a line, I can be out of there in five minutes. No such luck with a Disney property.

We love WL and stayed ther many times. Now we are DVC owners and own at VWL. We also like the Boardwalk and also own at BWV.

We love WL because of the theming and because it is so close to everything, yet feels so remote.

If we were to stay somewhere else, where would we like to try? AKL for one, it's another beautiful property. We'd also like to try the Contemporary.

We have tried many of the resorts and our favorite is the Beach Club. We have stayed there several times and will be again in September. We love the easy access to Epcot and MGM as well as the resort itself.

DVC owners here, at BCV although we've never stayed there. Our fav resort that we've stayed in is WL both the main lodge and the villas followed closely by SSR, however given half a chance we'd take AKL Concierge Savannah view over both of those in a heart beat. Just haven't had the chance ... yet.

we now do DVC but prior we did Polynesian and it was our absolute favorite! Though a bit pricey. We also liked Caribbean Beach!

My partner, Jim, and I have stayed at AKL and we're just enamored of the place. The Cast Members there are most attentive (I have a need for an ADA room) and they always come through for us (Thank You Wes!)

In addition, they have the second best restaurant on property...Jiko. I suggest that any of you planning to eat there that you request Shellie L...she is well worth the price of dinner!

After staying at BW last week with my parents, I'm sold on the epcot resorts. I think myself and dbf are going to book yacht club. AKL sav. view is the same price but I like the location of yacht club better. It was great seeing where everyone stays!

I'd love poly but there are no rooms left there with free dining so YC it is!

Hey NewJersey - we just had a stay at the BWI a couple of weeks ago, and loved the location! We tend to spend a lot of time at EPCOT and MGM, so it was perfect. For the group meet in 11/07 we're going to try the BC. It looked really nice.

We recently took a trip "just the two of us" which has unfortunately become a rare thing. We have been such excited DVC members that we have spent the last few years taking our friends and families. Our recent trip was to VWL and was just perfect. It was nice and relaxing and we just love that log-home feel. Two thumbs up.

PennyW said:
Hey NewJersey - we just had a stay at the BWI a couple of weeks ago, and loved the location! We tend to spend a lot of time at EPCOT and MGM, so it was perfect. For the group meet in 11/07 we're going to try the BC. It looked really nice.

:thumbsup2 I loved YC/BC when we took a walk over there on our last day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter