Where do you and your significant other stay?

My username kind of gives it away, doesn't it? We really love OKW, but if we aren't staying on points we like to head to the BC. Love that resort!

Vero Beach is another favorite, but that's just a bit far, eh? :D

Don't mind the BWV, but they are not our favorite. Have stayed at SSR and WLV too. (BCV too). Of those, it's hard to say, but probably BCV for the same reasons that we like the resort! It's very nostalgic.

We've also stayed at the All Stars (Sports and Music) and Pop Century. Liked them all!

Some day we'll get to all the resorts, but it's hard to stay in a regular hotel room when the lure of a one bedroom DVC is almost always there!

We just returned from a stay where we split between AKL concierge and POLY concierge. I have to say that while AKL is very nice it does lack the convenience and atmosphere of POLY so if I was to do it again I would do POLY all the way. That said, if you stay at AKL concierge you MUST take advantage of it and particiapate in the Wanyama Safari.

We going to the AKL on our next trip and it's also
Our first time on the Concierge Level!
:tinker: :tinker: :tinker:

Thusfar we've stayed at ASMo, POR, and BWV. However, I've visited the AKL several times and it is perhaps my favorite resort. It is on my to-stay-at list and I'll likely crash there for a weekend before moving to a DVC. Also, the renovated rooms at the Poly and CR look pretty nice!

Coming up in October we'll be staying at OKW and then in Dec/Jan we'll be heading back and staying at SSR.

We are Polyneisan fanatics.
Although we have stayed at the French Quarter, and the Beach club, we always go back to the Polynesian. In fact I love it so much I started working there a couple of months ago.
Tikiman has a web site dedicated to the Polynesian, all the answers to all your questions...Polynesian page

No matter where you stay, you will have a great time!!

wallyb said:
We going to the AKL on our next trip and it's also
Our first time on the Concierge Level!

AKL concierge is great. As much as I prefer the POLY as a resort, the concierge at AKL is better staffed and a nicer experience then at POLY. You must book a Wanyama Safari while you are there in concierge. If you can afford it, $150/person it is so worth it. It is one of the most memorable experiences of our recent trip. Jiko, where the Wanyama holds its chef's table experience, is an amazing restaurant and Boma is a buffet restaurant unlike any I have ever experienced.

mickeem said:
We are Polyneisan fanatics.
Although we have stayed at the French Quarter, and the Beach club, we always go back to the Polynesian. In fact I love it so much I started working there a couple of months ago.
Tikiman has a web site dedicated to the Polynesian, all the answers to all your questions...Polynesian page

No matter where you stay, you will have a great time!!

Now THAT is devotion, Mickeem! What do you do at the Poly?

We have never stayed there but always seem to spend a lot of time there. Between the pineapple bread at 'Ohana and the Lapu Lapus at the lounge, there's a lot to keep a gal satisfied :thumbsup2

NeverlandCub said:
You must book a Wanyama Safari while you are there in concierge. If you can afford it, $150/person it is so worth it.

All set - got the Sunrise and Sunset (Wanyama) Safari all booked!

wallyb said:
All set - got the Sunrise and Sunset (Wanyama) Safari all booked!

Wow, both? Sweet. After we did the Wanyama our guide told us about the Sunrise and we will try that one next time. Not sure if you know this or not but the Sunset (Wanyama) takes place on the 3 safaris of the Animal Kingdom Lodge (there is a great description here: wdwmagic com/ak_lodge.htm) and the Sunrise happens on the safari at the Animal Kingdom park that they use for the Kilimanjaro Safari ride. Hopefully you are meat eaters because the meal at Jiko will blow your mind. The beef dish was my favorite. Best of all, all of the money paid for these safari tours goes to the Disney Wildlife Fund.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter