Where do you file Stuffed Peppers?

HRFPPP

Earning My Ears
The recipe is for Frozen Stuffed Peppers. They are stuffed with meat, onion, rice, tomato, cheese and SOMETIMES, white beans (or whatever leftover beans might exist.)

In your recipe box, are they...

Meat?
There is ground beef (and sometimes ground pork, if there is leftover)

Vegetables?
They are peppers and have onion and tomato in there (and occasionally the meat is left out entirely, but not usually)

Casserole?
They are a mix of stuff, including rice, but not really a casserole, but they would be, sort-of, if they weren’t shoved into peppers

WHERE DO THEY BELONG? I don’t know what to do.

Where are your Stuffed Peppers????

Thank you for your support.

If the protein is the main part of the food, I would file under meat. I would consider the meat the main part of this food.

Spaghetti, the noodle is the main part so it's under pasta.

Shrimp Scampi often served over Linguini, which is a pasta, but not the main part of the dish. Shrimp is so it would be seafood. Stuffed peppers would be like that.

Maybe your recipe book is more complicated then mine. I would put it in the entree section. Lots of recipes use a variety of ingredients, I look more at how it is served then what all it contains. If you have thousands of recipes then probably to sub-divide into easy to find categories makes sense, otherwise not.

To me it’s a vegetable dish, even if not vegetarian. The primary ingredient is the pepper. Not a casserole really because it’s served by individual pepper, rather than just scooped out of a pan, if that makes sense.

But really OP, you can file them anywhere you’d like. It’s not exactly a pressing problem that I’d lose sleep over. ;)

How can stuffed peppers be a casserole???

Unless you chop up everything after assembling then spread ‘em in a baking dish.

If they contain ground beef, they’re a meat dish.

If they only have veggies like I posted in the Lent thread, they’re vegetables.

Actually, a stuffed pepper casserole sounds like a good idea. There’s stuffed pepper soup, so why not?

I have an entrée section so it's put under there. Otherwise it's based on the pepper so it would go under vegetable next.

Are we talking bell peppers? Since it's freezer I would file it under my tab for FREEZER. For me I want a quick reference for items that are freezer friendly. If I'm predominately making a specific recipe to put in the freezer for later usage it's going in the freezer section of my book. If you don't have a freezer section I would just put it under entrees because I don't subdivide my stuff with meat, veggies, casserole, etc.

If you're talking about smaller peppers that would be under appetizer.

In the 3 ring binder we have it's just
  • Entrees
  • Freezer
  • Sides/Appetizers
  • Breakfast
  • Dessert
  • Drinks
  • A label for me (because there are some things I have that my husband wouldn't eat like my energy bites.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter