Where do you file Stuffed Peppers?

I don’t consider them to be a casserole. They are peppers, so I would put it under vegetables and/or main dishes.

File under "blegh!".

Hey I noticed the OP is brand new. Welcome, OP!
I'm curious why some folks register just to fire off a single question. Does the DIS have a rep for solving everyone's problems? The world's going downhill, but I think we finally set the record straight on PJs vs Sweats.

Or, is this possibly a regular user using a secret account, because of the Stuffed Pepper stigma they risk in questioning this cuisine?
Either scenario works for me.

The recipe is for Frozen Stuffed Peppers. They are stuffed with meat, onion, rice, tomato, cheese and SOMETIMES, white beans (or whatever leftover beans might exist.)

In your recipe box, are they...

Meat?
There is ground beef (and sometimes ground pork, if there is leftover)

Vegetables?
They are peppers and have onion and tomato in there (and occasionally the meat is left out entirely, but not usually)

Casserole?
They are a mix of stuff, including rice, but not really a casserole, but they would be, sort-of, if they weren’t shoved into peppers

WHERE DO THEY BELONG? I don’t know what to do.

Where are your Stuffed Peppers????

Thank you for your support.
Welcome to the dis, HR.

Main dishes/ entrees or under whatever the main meat is. Or put in several places, can have multiple subject headings.

How can stuffed peppers be a casserole???

Unless you chop up everything after assembling then spread ‘em in a baking dish.

If they contain ground beef, they’re a meat dish.

If they only have veggies like I posted in the Lent thread, they’re vegetables.

Actually, a stuffed pepper casserole sounds like a good idea. There’s stuffed pepper soup, so why not?

Is lasagna a casserole? Those noodles aren't chopped up. How about casseroles with whole tortillas layers?

Loving that this is controversial! It's fun to debate something that probably won't end up in hurt feelings.

Last edited:
I'm surprised how many people still have written recipes that they file.

I've converted almost all of mine to digital. I obviously keep the nice ones for sentimental purposes but no recipe cards for me.

I've converted almost all of mine to digital. I obviously keep the nice ones for sentimental purposes but no recipe cards for me.
I'd do digital but my husband hates it. He likes to print out the recipe. A few years back I created a 3 ring binder and put the recipes in sheet protectors and then actually not too long ago (after realizing our amount of recipes was large enough) I added file tabs in there and labeled them.

I don't know many people who do hand written recipes these days. That may be what most are talking about here but not me. I haven't cooked off a hand written recipes in many years. The only one I ever did was my mom's chocolate chip cookies but even she many years ago typed it up and printed it out (and that's the version I have in my binder). Ones I get are from Pinterest, Food Network, Pillsbury, a few random cook books (that are then scanned and printed out), etc.

This. If I’m keeping recipes, they’re in my Epicurious app.
If Armageddon hits, I’ll keep it under G for Greek food.

I'd do digital but my husband hates it. He likes to print out the recipe. A few years back I created a 3 ring binder and put the recipes in sheet protectors and then actually not too long ago (after realizing our amount of recipes was large enough) I added file tabs in there and labeled them.

I don't know many people who do hand written recipes these days. That may be what most are talking about here but not me. I haven't cooked off a hand written recipes in many years. The only one I ever did was my mom's chocolate chip cookies but even she many years ago typed it up and printed it out (and that's the version I have in my binder). Ones I get are from Pinterest, Food Network, Pillsbury, a few random cook books (that are then scanned and printed out), etc.

Ok, you always are spot on. That is all. ☺️

I have two of my mother’s spiral notebooks of mostly handwritten recipes. There are also some cut from newspapers and magazines that are barely attached with stiff yellowed scotch tape. Or typed index and recipe cards.

I save new recipes I like digitally

But who really needs a recipe for stuffed peppers? You just wing it.

I have a computer app for a lot of them, but also about 10 binders full.
And special ones in my mother's handwritten and ones that we've used forever.
I prefer paper when cooking and baking. I don't want to try to read a phone screen

Is lasagna a casserole? Those noodles aren't chopped up. How about casseroles with whole tortillas layers?

Loving that this is controversial!

:scared1::scared1::scared1: Nope, absolutely NOT!!!

One can make a “lasagna style” casserole, with noodles that look like tiny lasagnas (malfada), but they would be mixed up with the other ingredients. A standard lasagna with distinct layers is NOT a casserole.

Same applies to tortilla layers.

I definitely still have a handwritten or printed recipe file, even though I rarely use recipes and often go to what I have saved on pinterest. I will never get rid of it. I also still have a filing cabinet for paperwork despite keeping the majority of things filed digitally currently. For those of us that have a history of printed files, it would be a lot of work to digitize everything! I'm only digitizing stuff that will be passed down to the next generation. I only have sons and they're not interested in recipes other than a rare one near holidays etc. I take a quick picture and they keep that digitally.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter