Where is everyone staying??

MineeBaby

DIS Veteran
My DF and I are having a difficult time deciding where to stay for our 10 day honeymoon next May...where are all of you staying? Why did you choose that place over the others available? Thanks so much!!

We will be staying at Coronado Springs. We have never stayed at any of the resort before and we have a budget. While I was planning for my trip, I have heard good report from honeymooners. So I chose CSR.

If I were you, I would switch to a different resort halfway through the honeymoon because you will be there for 10 days!!
But any resort you choose would be a good one because you are at WDW!!!

My fiancee and I will be staying at the Polynesian Resort for our 2 week honeymoon. The Poly has a good reputation as "romantic". The beach is popular for late night strolls, and you can also see the MK fireworks from there. This is the next best thing to actually going to Hawaii for a honeymoon. On second thought, it may be better since MK is a stone's throw away!

Check out Tikiman's Poly site for tons of information and pics:

http://tikiman2001.homestead.com/index.html

If price is a concern, you might try one of the Port Orleans resorts. We stayed at French Quarter this past July, and it was wonderful. FQ was great as the size lent itself to a more quiet stay. I didn't see the Riverside portion of PO, but I've heard good things about that side as well.

As jeank74 mentioned, it might be a good idea to mix up your resort stay. If it's already hard to decide, pick two(or three!) different places to stay. If a deluxe resort is too pricey for 10 nights, stay three and transfer to a moderate for the remander of your stay. I don't know how difficult it is to transfer from resort to resort. Also, keep in mind that you'll have to pack up everything each time you move.

Have a great honeymoon!

Lurieh

We're staying at the Poly for our week long honeymoon in August.

I think the Grand Floridian would be nice too.....but for a less expensive resort, before we chose the Poly, everyone has told me that the Caribbean Beach is great.

I have never been to any of the resorts, so I can't speak from personal experience, but I chose the Poly over the other two because it was the best IMO for a honeymoon.

Congratulations!!!!!!!!
Wherever you go, you will enjoy it.. but...

I certainly have to vote for Poly...
My husband and I honeymooned there June 16-20th and then went on the cruise...
let me just say... we were unknowingly upgraded to lagoon view congierge...we stayed in Hawaii building...RIGHT outside our patio door was the castle and MK.... it was a dream come true...

one day when we came back from our excursions we found a plate with chocolates and a minnie and mickey shaped chocolate wrapped up and "Congratulations" was written in chocolate syrup on the plate... it was so special...

I'd give ANYTHING to be back there right now!!!!

our whole trip was planned wanting to stay at pop century but asmo was second choice.

We had originally booked a honeymoon room at WL, but last month we switched to GF instead. We love both resorts, but figured we since we stay at WL often, the GF would be a real treat :cool:

We stayed at the PO in Nov 1991, just a few months after it opened. We checked in on a Sunday & requested non smoking king & got a smoking double! No luck with the front desk; they said the entire hotel only had FOUR :earseek: nonsmoking kings in the whole property (out of 1005 rooms)!! They moved us the next day & were very helpful with moving our bags + a flower arrangement I had received. Had I known this I wouldn't have selected the PO . . . it was a great hotel and we had a great honeymoon, but if we were to do it all over again I'd stay at the Dolphin or GF. Hope this helps!

:bounce:

We are going for our honeymoon September 15-23 and we will be staying at the Caribbean Beach. I guess a lot of it really depends on your budget. We wanted to stay at a deluxe, last time we were at Beach Club and it was wonderful. But for the week we are going (during value season), it would have been about $2000 more for the same package. We decided right now we would rather have that money for other things like souvenirs or to put towards the wedding. Good luck with whatever you choose!

We're going with the GF lagoon view for 1/2 of our stay, then the WL honeymoon room for the other 1/2.
Cheers!
Heather P

Congratulations to you!
I am staying 5 night at the GF (honeymoon suite/concierge) and 5 nights at the YC (conciergg) for our WDW honeymoon next June. I have always wanted to stay at the GF for my honeymoon and now I have made it come true. Originally we had booked the GF for the entire stay, but then decided that we loved the EPCOT area too much, that we split our stay between the GF and YC.

GF gives us access to monorail resorts and MK and EPCOT. YC gives us very easy access to EPCOT and MGM within minutes (by boat or walking) and youare so close to the BC and BWI shops, restaraunts and atmosphere.

We think that is the perfect combination for a honeymoon. First class all the way. Not that the WL or POLY aren't great resorts, but my choice would be the GF and YC. They are both so magical and have everything we love about Disney.

Good luck planning and remember- do what makes you happy and what you feel will be best suited for you and your new husband. Either way- you'll have a great time b/c it is your honeymoon!! :p

:wave: We still can't decide. We've heard great things about the Wilderness Lodge, but we are both partial to the Poly. We went to Hawaii earlier this year and love the Hawaiian atmosphere.

We've decided to split our honeymoon stay between the AKL and the YC. I've stayed at the BC before and enjoyed it. Plus we want to spend a lot of time exploring EPCOT.

AKL gets a visit because we've heard great things about it. Although GF is a close second choice

Thanks for all of the replys!! I was outta town for the week, and away from the computer..AUGH!!! hahahha....it certainly looks like everyone is going to have a great time! I think we have decided to do the YC standard (cant swing the concierge level prices) and POSSIBLY split it with the GF or the Poly..or the CR..hahaha..who knows...:) good luck to everyone and have a fab honeymoon!!

I just came back from my HM. We stayed at Carribbean Beach. We had a ball. Things are spread far apart, but they have an internal resort bus. It's really nice if you can't afford the deluxe resorts.

We are staying at the Yacht Club for seven days...We are hoping not to be disappointed, because to guarantee a king bed, we had to book a "Sico Room" which I think is smaller than a regular room. If anyone has any info on this, I would appreciate it!
:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Hey everyone........Well, I personally think that you can't go wrong in choosing a place to Honeymoon since it is Disney. Mickey76 and I stayed at the CSR this past May/June and absolutely LOVED it. We got engaged on our trip which made it all the more memorable. The resort is extremely beautiful and very very romantic.....especially at night. We loved it so much and would definitley stay there again. If you can afford it....maybe staying at a Deluxe would be nice since it's your Honeymoon. Mickey76 and I are ;planning on staying at the Poly for our Honeymoon in July 2004!!! We have visited the resort and dined there and were in awe of how beautiful the atmosphere is. So, those are my suggestions for you. The Wilderness Lodge would be a nice place to Honeymoon. Like I said.....I don't think you can go wrong :D
Good luck to you!

Due to Caribbean Beach being closed during our honeymoon we will now be staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge in a Savannah view room.

We're staying in a Honeymoon Suite at the Grand Floridian. We decided we needed a hot tub.

:cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter