• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where to eat at Universal Orlando including menus...UPDATED REGULARLY

I agree not much to choose from, but it is a good price !!!

I'm not sure it is for us. Trying to work my way through the menus like I would for DDP, and if we can't eat at places close to where we'll be in the parks then we'll have to pass on the dining plan. I'm not even sure we'd save any money with it yet.

I'm really confused about the QS dining plan. We plan to eat at Three Broomsticks but by looking at the US site, it seems like that's not included. Actually it seems like there aren't many sites included at all.

https://www.universalorlando.com/Restaurants/Universal-Dining-Plan-Quick-Service.aspx

Here is the whole list ... https://www.universalorlando.com/Images/pdf_Universal_Dining_Plan_tcm13-36926.pdf

If you look down on the original page you were at under locations, it links to the above list.

HELP! I am having a mild panic attack about how unprepared for our upcoming trip I am. (We arrive 1/15 in the early evening to the HRH and are staying for 6 nights). I usually plan our vacations, have reservations made months in advance- veterean Disney Commando Mom here- and for a lot of reasons... hubby wanted a "more relaxing" vacation this, life has been chaotic, yada yada yada... I haven't really done any reasearch into restuarants, meal plans (other than hearing not to do a Universal meal plan from a couple people), will we need ressies etc. I don't even know which park we are going to first and I don't have a touring plan or know what Tour Guide Mike would do (is he still around?). This is just crazy talk.

I DID upgrade us to club level- my boys eat constantly (and grow constantly too) so between wanting a "more relaxing" vacation (ie, not waking up at 6am and running out the door) and my kids wanting to eat approximatley every 2 hours I thought club level would be good for a lot of reasons. I plan on having the kids and I go there when we wake up (no alarm clocks allowed :headache:) to eat and we will bring coffee and a muffin or bagel back to the hubs. I'm thinking early lunch in the parks, snacks in the parks for the kids, back to the hotel snacks/appetizery type stuff in the club lounge and dinner on City Walk will be our course for the most part. We will be doing Blue Man Group one night, but haven't booked it. Yeah... that is stressing me out too.

SO, with that being said, and with my husband being very anti-reservations or "having to be somewhere at a set time" what are your suggestions? We are not picky eaters- DS13 does have nut allergies (only if he ingests, he can be near them on the table) and we like most every type of food. We enjoy restaurant experiences, the atmosphere, ambiance etc. Are there any MUST EAT AT restaurants? I literally have no idea what is available down there, a co-worker said to try Mythos but I don't even know where that is.

Also, is there a meal plan that is a good deal and can I do it if I booked room only and not a package? I don't want to be limited as to where we can go and I've heard the meal plan is kind of limiting. My husband is saying his ideal dinner plans would be to walk around City Walk and just "pick a place that looks good". This makes me anxious that we will run into trouble without reservations. I'm really hoping that the dates we are there (1/15-1/21) it isn't that crowded and we have no trouble.

Ok.... freak out over... I'm going to go look at the website and the dining thread now... I do appreciate any input, advice and suggestions anyone has.

ETA- I know there is a drink deal in the parks if you buy the cup you can get refills all day for a certain price... I think I remember someone mentioning there was a good deal in the Harry Potter area that was a little better than the coke one... maybe I'm imagining things. I'm thinking we will be hitting HP area first the days we go to IOA, so if that is the case I would do that deal.

We have a very informative sticky on this subject...so I'm going to merge this thread into that one. Take some time and read through it.

SO, with that being said, and with my husband being very anti-reservations or "having to be somewhere at a set time" what are your suggestions? We are not picky eaters- DS13 does have nut allergies (only if he ingests, he can be near them on the table) and we like most every type of food. We enjoy restaurant experiences, the atmosphere, ambiance etc. Are there any MUST EAT AT restaurants? I literally have no idea what is available down there, a co-worker said to try Mythos but I don't even know where that is.

Also, is there a meal plan that is a good deal and can I do it if I booked room only and not a package? I don't want to be limited as to where we can go and I've heard the meal plan is kind of limiting. My husband is saying his ideal dinner plans would be to walk around City Walk and just "pick a place that looks good". This makes me anxious that we will run into trouble without reservations. I'm really hoping that the dates we are there (1/15-1/21) it isn't that crowded and we have no trouble.

Can't help you with the new dining plan thingy as we have no interest in that at all, but we have never made a dining reservation in all our trips and never intend to. I'm with your DH on this :thumbsup2 that is exactly how we are.......eat where we feel like at the time.

Even in July we walked up to wherever we wanted to eat and apart from one night where we went elsewhere as the wait was half an hour, we were seated in no time at all.

I wouldn't worry if I were you, you will be fine :goodvibes

Our favorites are Nascar and Margaritaville in Citywalk. Nascar is especially good.

In the Studios we love Louie's for CS and Finnegans is very good. Lombards we find to be excellent or pretty average. Simpsons food court is nice too especially the fresh wraps and the pizza.

In IOA we love Confisco Grill, Mythos and Thunder Falls Terrace. Blondies can be good too.

I'm sure someone will come along with advice on the other things........but just wanted to say have a great trip..........come back and tell us how it went :thumbsup2

I can't find this answer. So sorry if I'm being annoying. I'm also at work and it's difficult to really search. Do you need to purchase your reservation thru US website in order to get the dining plan? I am reading that many of you prefer booking thru Loews direct (staying onsite) and UT for tix. I'm not going until July but I know it will be a busy time so I would like to make reservations soon. ~ thanks!

HELP! I am having a mild panic attack about how unprepared for our upcoming trip I am. (We arrive 1/15 in the early evening to the HRH and are staying for 6 nights). I usually plan our vacations, have reservations made months in advance- veterean Disney Commando Mom here- and for a lot of reasons... hubby wanted a "more relaxing" vacation this, life has been chaotic, yada yada yada... I haven't really done any reasearch into restuarants, meal plans (other than hearing not to do a Universal meal plan from a couple people), will we need ressies etc. I don't even know which park we are going to first and I don't have a touring plan or know what Tour Guide Mike would do (is he still around?). This is just crazy talk.

I DID upgrade us to club level- my boys eat constantly (and grow constantly too) so between wanting a "more relaxing" vacation (ie, not waking up at 6am and running out the door) and my kids wanting to eat approximatley every 2 hours I thought club level would be good for a lot of reasons. I plan on having the kids and I go there when we wake up (no alarm clocks allowed :headache:) to eat and we will bring coffee and a muffin or bagel back to the hubs. I'm thinking early lunch in the parks, snacks in the parks for the kids, back to the hotel snacks/appetizery type stuff in the club lounge and dinner on City Walk will be our course for the most part. We will be doing Blue Man Group one night, but haven't booked it. Yeah... that is stressing me out too.

Ok.... freak out over... I'm going to go look at the website and the dining thread now... I do appreciate any input, advice and suggestions anyone has.

ETA- I know there is a drink deal in the parks if you buy the cup you can get refills all day for a certain price... I think I remember someone mentioning there was a good deal in the Harry Potter area that was a little better than the coke one... maybe I'm imagining things. I'm thinking we will be hitting HP area first the days we go to IOA, so if that is the case I would do that deal.

Do not fret about food ressie..
The TM in Club can help you for a ressie if you can not make up your mind.

What type of foods will you all eat?

Counter service or full service?
RPH has Bula bar grille with basic menu of about 8items.
jakes has a decent variety so does Island dining

HRH has the Kitchen with good menu choices.
PBH has Italian foods at their restaurants.

Www.citywalk.com will show you menus.

I will be at Rph this Thursday and have not planned any ressie's yet.

But will hit the sushi bar at the hotel one day and confiscate griille, blondes and Louie's in the parks sometime during my stay.

I can't find this answer. So sorry if I'm being annoying. I'm also at work and it's difficult to really search. Do you need to purchase your reservation thru US website in order to get the dining plan? I am reading that many of you prefer booking thru Loews direct (staying onsite) and UT for tix. I'm not going until July but I know it will be a busy time so I would like to make reservations soon. ~ thanks!

It says on the universalorlando.com website that you need to purchase a package in order to get the dining plan. I honestly wouldn't bother with the dining plan. If you want to make reservations, do so through www.opentable.com You won't be able to make them yet for July though.

It says on the universalorlando.com website that you need to purchase a package in order to get the dining plan. I honestly wouldn't bother with the dining plan. If you want to make reservations, do so through www.opentable.com You won't be able to make them yet for July though.

Thanks so much for responding! I have 3 boys (14, 14 & 10) HUGE eaters. If salmon or lobster is on the menu that's what they would order. I would get the plan for 4 of our 8 days (days we are in the parks). Thanks again, for the link as well :)

Thanks so much for responding! I have 3 boys (14, 14 & 10) HUGE eaters. If salmon or lobster is on the menu that's what they would order. I would get the plan for 4 of our 8 days (days we are in the parks). Thanks again, for the link as well :)

Many people have said that they are offering the dining plan once you get into the parks. Who knows what the deal will be once July comes around. It is still very new and I'm sure many adjustments will be made.

Hi all! I'm pretty experienced in Disney stuff, but I've never been to Universal. My husband and I are taking my kids February 1st and 2nd and I'm wondering about food prices. Is there a site to look at all the menus like there is for Disney? I'm just wondering how much lunch and dinner are going to cost me.

There is a very good sticky in the posts at the top of the page that damo has created.

"Where to eat at Universal Orlando"

It is very good and has lots of menu's with prices that will give you an idea of what's on offer and prices :thumbsup2

I looked at that thread, at CityWalk Latin Quarter is closed, but the new replacement location is about to open within a week or two called Antojitos (Mexican), there's a preview article about it Orlando Weekly http://blogs.orlandoweekly.com/index.php/salivation-army/universal-citywalk-antojitos-preview/

Pastamore just closed this week for replacement as well.

There's a new pizza place called Red Oven Pizza Bakery that sells high quality pizzas between $12-14 . And a handful of other new places are going to open at Citywalk this year.

Other than that the menus in the thread are good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter