Where to eat for Thanksgiving?

Gizmo74

Mouseketeer
Tomorrow I get to book my dining for our Trip over Thanksgiving. This will be our third trip over Thanksgiving and both times we ate at Whispering Canyon.

I would like a traditional meal and looking for suggestions. We are staying at Animal Kingdom but willing to go to any park or hotel that day. We plan on eating lunch vs dinner as well.

I think the most traditional Thanksgiving meal is probably at Epcot's Garden Grill - Turkey, dressing, gravy, mashed potatoes etc. served family style. Not terribly exciting IMO but traditional.

We did LTT 2 years ago and it was hectic, long wait for our ADR and this was a late lunch. Service was rushed and we barely saw her. Not her fault at all because they were trying to get people in and out as quickly as possible and she had a couple tables of larger parties than ours. Food was ok but temp so-so. We normally love LTT but decided when we go again at Thanksgiving we'll eat there but earlier in the week. We ate Thanksgiving dinner 3 years ago at The Grand Floridian Cafe. It was much more peaceful. Food was good and we enjoyed walking around the lobby and seeing the beautiful Christmas tree and the huge gingerbread house. It made for great photos. I've heard good things about Garden Grill in Epcot.

Tomorrow I get to book my dining for our Trip over Thanksgiving. This will be our third trip over Thanksgiving and both times we ate at Whispering Canyon.

I would like a traditional meal and looking for suggestions. We are staying at Animal Kingdom but willing to go to any park or hotel that day. We plan on eating lunch vs dinner as well.

If you don't mind me asking, did you enjoy your Thanksgiving at WCC?

If you don't mind me asking, did you enjoy your Thanksgiving at WCC?
We did enjoy our meal at WCC both times we ate there for Thanksgiving. We were seated in the back room so it was quiet which we liked. I was trying to look for something new to try. I thought about Liberty Tavern but with the review above is what I was thinking that place would be on Thanksgiving. We love Grand Floridian cafe and didn't even think of that place when thinking of Thanksgiving.

we had Thanksigivng Dinner at trattoria al forno last year - they had a traditional thankjsgiving meal as a sperate offering - we didn't get it, but the table next to us did and it smelled fantastic!

We have been to WDW over Thanksgiving several years. You will be surprised to know that Boma is actually our favorite Thanksgiving meal so far. They do change the buffet up a little with Thanksgiving favorites but also have other items as well. We will probably eat there anytime we go at Thanksgiving from now on.

Last edited:
We have done LTT for Thanksgiving, and if you are looking for traditional, it is hard to beat.

I would pick a signature. I read good things about Artist Point for thanksgiving dinner. And you can’t beat the decor of WL!

Even though it isn’t all traditional we love Boma at AKL. They have a nice combination of Thanksgiving food and their regular African food.

As things stand now I'm waiting patiently for our ADR window to open for our T-Day trip. Think I have 2-3 more days and then I'll put in a ressie for Artist Point.

Following this too as we are staying at AKL. Our last few trips at Thanksgiving have varied. We did a late lunch at Tusker House one year and it was terrific as we were in AK that day. Also did Cape May Cafe after a day at HS. We want to try something different this year and may venture back to WL or Disney Springs for a new place!

We stayed at AKL last Thanksgiving and ate our Holiday meal at Sanaa. I'm 99% positive that they had a traditional Thanksgiving meal option, although I was soaked in wine and buried beneath the bread service.

The food at Sanaa is a notch above. I'd book it for an early dinner so I could see the animals on the savannah through the windows.

AKL Thanksgiving tips:
If you are interested in Sanaa for Thanksgiving Day/Evening, book early. I had to stalk the site to get a decent dinner time because I waited.
Many of the events and tours at the lodge are suspended for the Holiday. We wanted to do the culinary tour but it wasn't offered on Thanksgiving Day.
The resort will be nutty with crowds but Jiko's or Sanaa's lounge is a quiet place to get a drink and maybe an app.
If staying at Kidani, be sure to check out that FANTASTIC pool area.

We did two trips over Thanksgiving and both times we ate at Tusker House. They had traditional Thanksgiving items on the buffet as well as their usual dishes.

As things stand now I'm waiting patiently for our ADR window to open for our T-Day trip. Think I have 2-3 more days and then I'll put in a ressie for Artist Point.
Does Artist Point have a traditional Thanksgiving menu that day? Do you recall how much it was?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter