Where will your first post-Covid vacation be?

Depends on when this thing ends. Our currently planned vacations include May 24 camping (probably cancelled). We have a trailer so fully self-sufficient, and the site is less than an hour from home. But I suspect the parks will not be opening in May.

A little more hopeful for our August booking at a provincial park in north/central Ontario. Things may have calmed enough by then to open the parks for campers.

Also hopeful for March break 2021 that travel to the US will be possible again. We have our week at Vistana lined up, and would really like to get back "home".

If none of those happen, our next window opens up in November when we usually do a getaway weekend in the northeast.

But really, all just guesses at this point. The first 3 are booked, but all can be changed.

We had been talking about going back to Maine and Acadia National Park, as it's been a few years for us and that's one of our favorite places to visit. (also non flying, since we're in CT) I suspect we'll most likely be doing that in September.
We're booked to camp in Acadia at the beginning of July! I have been looking forward to it so much since it was one of my favorite places that I went as a kid and I was excited to take my kids there! I purposely booked over 4th of July since I'm American and I haven't been in the US for 4th of July in years (I'm not sure if I have been since I moved to Canada 15 years ago!) and Bar Harbor is supposed to have one of the best 4th of July celebrations! I'll be so sad if we have to cancel! But I'm mostly worried about the border remaining closed and me not being able to see my family for a long long time. :(

Sigh. After seeing the announcement today from the south over the N95 masks, not sure I want to support that man by spending my vacation dollars there. I think where we spend our $$ next summer will largely depend on November's outcome.
This also bothers me, especially since the only mill that makes the material for these masks is in Nanaimo and they are running 24 hours a day to fill the US orders. I think the mill should start focusing on filling Canadian orders.

A WDW trip was planned for May, a trip to Italy was planned for July, clearly neither of these are happening. We now have a trip to Aulani booked in late August, hopefully this happens. I now have all my unused vacation time scheduled for October and I am hoping to spend it driving around Romania, but I was in Poland when the borders started to close in Euroope last month and that was terrifying, so I will not book anything until I know it is safe. If I have to stay in Canada I think I will go to Churchill to see the polar bears.

We always go to PEI in the summer and then WDW in March. PEI is almost definitely off this summer, but I am still holding out hope that we can take our trip next spring. I have our DVC reservation already booked but it is cancelable if needed.

A WDW trip was planned for May, a trip to Italy was planned for July, clearly neither of these are happening. We now have a trip to Aulani booked in late August, hopefully this happens. I now have all my unused vacation time scheduled for October and I am hoping to spend it driving around Romania, but I was in Poland when the borders started to close in Euroope last month and that was terrifying, so I will not book anything until I know it is safe. If I have to stay in Canada I think I will go to Churchill to see the polar bears.

Oh I lived in Churchill when I was growing up! Lots of bears :) and not some place I'd think to go on vacation lol. Also lots of snow and mosquitos. Large ones. I brought home "tadpoles" once that my mom promptly flushed, apparently they were actually mosquito larve. :) There were also lots of belugas and we'd take a boat over the for Fort and they would come up by the boat. This was many years ago. Many.

We currently have a San Diego/Disneyland trip booked for August of this year. If we have to cancel, we’ll likely just push it to next year and keep the same plans. A relaxing beach vacation does sound nice right about now though. Winter isn’t wanting to end for us here in central B.C. yet...:guilty:

Oh I lived in Churchill when I was growing up! Lots of bears :) and not some place I'd think to go on vacation lol. Also lots of snow and mosquitos. Large ones. I brought home "tadpoles" once that my mom promptly flushed, apparently they were actually mosquito larve. :) There were also lots of belugas and we'd take a boat over the for Fort and they would come up by the boat. This was many years ago. Many.
This sounds amazing, minus the mosquitoes.

Honestly, it's going to depend a LOT on how I see states responding to everything. We had planned a trip to Tennessee this summer, but I don't know if I'd feel comfortable going there even if things have settled down for us here up north, just based on how poorly the pandemic is being managed there. So we're reconsidering that trip and might just stay closer to home this summer and see what happens once this has had a full year to cycle through.

We always go to PEI in the summer and then WDW in March. PEI is almost definitely off this summer, but I am still holding out hope that we can take our trip next spring. I have our DVC reservation already booked but it is cancelable if needed.

We're really hoping that restrictions are lifted this summer (the predicted peak for our province is now around April 21st) and we can go to PEI now that we've cancelled our New Hampshire trip. We're tentatively booking the same cottage we stayed at last summer. We probably won't do much, just hang out and relax at the beach.

We're really hoping that restrictions are lifted this summer (the predicted peak for our province is now around April 21st) and we can go to PEI now that we've cancelled our New Hampshire trip. We're tentatively booking the same cottage we stayed at last summer. We probably won't do much, just hang out and relax at the beach.
Are you in the same province as me (NB)? I was just reading the same news - ha. I am still hoping we can make our PEI trip. We always camp at Marco Polo though and I don’t have a good feeling about campgrounds being fully functional this summer .

We live here in NB just 2 minutes from the ocean and have a family cottage, so maybe we will enjoy a little staycation this year.

Short answer: I just don't know.

Long answer:
We cancelled our early July trip to Lake Tahoe this week. If things are looking better within Canada hopefully a road trip within our own province and/or Alberta.
Our next booked trip is end of August - airfare to Orlando, Disney Dream cruise and post cruise stay at OKW all booked. In a holding pattern for that one.
October airfare to LA and Disney Wonder cruise out of San Diego are also both booked. Again, holding pattern. Sigh. My husbands vacation time is booked and NOT flexible so if those are cancelled and we can't rebook something during those dates then our next vacation would be spring break 2021 which previously we had no plans for.....

Are you in the same province as me (NB)? I was just reading the same news - ha. I am still hoping we can make our PEI trip. We always camp at Marco Polo though and I don’t have a good feeling about campgrounds being fully functional this summer .

We live here in NB just 2 minutes from the ocean and have a family cottage, so maybe we will enjoy a little staycation this year.

Haha, yes!!! We're up in Carleton County (aka Zone 3 these days), lol. Renting a cottage down around St. Martin's/Fundy area is also on our maybe list for this summer.

Haha, yes!!! We're up in Carleton County (aka Zone 3 these days), lol. Renting a cottage down around St. Martin's/Fundy area is also on our maybe list for this summer.
Small world! We are up in Bathurst... only zone with still no confirmed cases. I know it’s just a matter of time but we are holding on!!

Where do you look to rent a cottage in NB or PEI? Is there a website you like using?

New Hampshire resident here! There are so many wonderful choices in the White Mountains, lots of clean air and gorgeous views. If you are a DVC owner, check out RCI which has one week vacations for $399 + cash and actually, some less (no need to use points). Once the lockdowns end there should continue to be availability as I'm guessing lots of people just can't or won't travel. Who doesn't love a low price "road trip"? I'm of the mind, if we can't do our two Disney trips this year, we might as well stay at our other "happy" place (driving the Kanc) and being close to nature and try to clear our minds and bodies of this nasty virus. We love Acadia and VT too, however as NH natives - well, "live free or die"!

New Hampshire resident here! There are so many wonderful choices in the White Mountains, lots of clean air and gorgeous views. If you are a DVC owner, check out RCI which has one week vacations for $399 + cash and actually, some less (no need to use points). Once the lockdowns end there should continue to be availability as I'm guessing lots of people just can't or won't travel. Who doesn't love a low price "road trip"? I'm of the mind, if we can't do our two Disney trips this year, we might as well stay at our other "happy" place (driving the Kanc) and being close to nature and try to clear our minds and bodies of this nasty virus. We love Acadia and VT too, however as NH natives - well, "live free or die"!

New Hampshire is our happy place. We have vacationed there many times. I think our trip this year was going to be our 7th one lol. We normally stay at either The Seasons in Bartlett, or Timberland Campground in Gorham (depending on the budget for the year lol). In my husband's words, it literally feels like home to us. Just such a laid back, beautiful area, with so much to see and do. I won't lie, I cried when I cancelled it the other day. 😢

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter