Where would be the best place for a 3rd location in the United States?

I think Dolphin Dan's point is that the bias would be coming from a theme park, where expections should be low on things like a comprehensive and unbiased presentation of history. Dan seems to be agreeing that the presentation would be biased and is putting the onus on people to not take it so seriously.

:thumbsup2

There was a plan a while ago to open one in VA, outside DC. (My neck of the woods)

But it got killed for a number of reasons, one argument being that the Civil War historic battlefields in the area would have gotten trampled.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney's_America

I live about 5 miles from the Manassas Battlefield and grew up in Alexandria about 20 minutes from it. I think that I might have been the only NOVA person hoping for them to build here! :rotfl: :rotfl:

Oh yeah! I forgot to mention that to THIS day you can find cars with bumper stickers on older cars that read "66 - Disney's new parking lot" or something like that!

Personally I would love for them to build one in Washington so that my family could go every weekend or at least every other. But since it snows here I guess my vote would be for Texas.

However I'm thinking that maybe there isn't a third Disney location in the US because having one on every corner might give it the Starbucks effect, and I would never want people to get tired of it. Not that I really think that's possible..........

California should get their 3rd park, and WDW should fix DHS and Animal Kingdom before they think about a new US resort.

I would love to see one in Canada, but it would have to be the first Disney Indoor Park!!

My vote would be Texas. Don't know Texas well enough to say exactly where, but some city/town that's not too hot!

That WOULD be a crazy notion. They really ought to improve, refurbish, maintain and update the 2 parks they have now---

Texas :cool1: Somewhere in between Houston and Galveston, then they could bring DCL to Galveston or the new port in Houston :thumbsup2 Also that would be far enough from me that I would not burn myself out all the time but definitely close enough to drive without wasting 4 days of vacation time !!

Cuba....as soon as it's opened up to America again. Complete with underwater hotels.

Here is my concept mock-up for the new "Test Track Havana". :thumbsup2

img_47.jpg

Oh yeah! I forgot to mention that to THIS day you can find cars with bumper stickers on older cars that read "66 - Disney's new parking lot" or something like that!

I am in Centreville too, and 66 is a parking lot anyway, so you might as well have it be a parking lot for something good. :)

I vote for Richmond or Williamsburg, VA. It would be a major tourist draw for this area & it would bring more people to the other attractions (Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown, Yorktown, etc..). Also, this area is within easy driving distance of the Northeast corridor & there's good train service to eastern VA.

I like Williamsburg and Busch Gardens just the way it is.

I agree they should concentrate on the parks they have already. They certainly have room to expand WDW. I would just like to see some new attractions there.

There was a plan a while ago to open one in VA, outside DC. (My neck of the woods)

But it got killed for a number of reasons, one argument being that the Civil War historic battlefields in the area would have gotten trampled.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney's_America

That was too bad living in Virginia I would have loved to have one near here. But as for the current proposal I would have to agree that Texas makes the most sense. They could keep it open year round and Land in Texas is cheap as well as lots of people near the large cities.

in the middle of the US, so there's not such a long drive to either one. My husband is scared of planes and heights, so the 2x we went with our two children as in a car. LONG TRIP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter