• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which day would I need to cancel to get refund?

FSU Girl

DIS Veteran
My daughter is sick and I’m not sure if she’ll be better for our upcoming trip. We check in on the 28th and I know you need to cancel 5 days prior to get a refund. Would that be the 22 or 23 or I need to cancel by? My email doesn’t mention a date just the 5 days so I’m not sure how they calculate it.

My daughter is sick and I’m not sure if she’ll be better for our upcoming trip. We check in on the 28th and I know you need to cancel 5 days prior to get a refund. Would that be the 22 or 23 or I need to cancel by? My email doesn’t mention a date just the 5 days so I’m not sure how they calculate it.
You know I always wondered that too. Since you do go to wow often , if you end up canceling within the 5 they will move your reservation to a future date if that helps. I have not done it but I have friends that have had to . Kinda sucks to cancel last minute but at least you don’t lose your $ .

Count backwards. 27-26-25-24-23 = 5

or if you want to be sure make it six
I think the OP is concerned she might have to make her decision on one of those final days and wants to know for sure which day is the last one.

thanks everyone! I feel so bad for her she’s so little hate that she’s sick. I’m hoping she’ll be better in a week, but this is her first real time being sick so I’m not sure.

I didn’t know I could move the hotel, I’m assuming I would need to call to do that and wouldn’t be able to do that online once I’m in the 5 day window? Would probably be the easiest thing so we could wait last minute to actually move the trip. I found dates in April that have availability for the same room.

thanks everyone! I feel so bad for her she’s so little hate that she’s sick. I’m hoping she’ll be better in a week, but this is her first real time being sick so I’m not sure.

I didn’t know I could move the hotel, I’m assuming I would need to call to do that and wouldn’t be able to do that online once I’m in the 5 day window? Would probably be the easiest thing so we could wait last minute to actually move the trip. I found dates in April that have availability for the same room.
As long as you aren’t trying to get a refund, they are going to be very liberal to letting you move your dates anywhere. Just do that, since you know you are coming back. Even if it means you have to move again

OP, is your daughter feeling better? What does she have? If it’s a cold, she should be well enough a week from the beginning of symptoms to do a trip, even if she’s not totally 100%. If she has influenza, RSV, or some other more severe illness, those could take longer to bounce back from.

OP, is your daughter feeling better? What does she have? If it’s a cold, she should be well enough a week from the beginning of symptoms to do a trip, even if she’s not totally 100%. If she has influenza, RSV, or some other more severe illness, those could take longer to bounce back from.
I’m not sure what she has we haven’t taken her to the doctors. We were going to this weekend if she got worse. She seems like she’s on the mend she slept through the night this weekend and hasn’t all week. She still has a cough and runny nose though. We decided to move the trip just in case to April. We had a trip planned in February for a grandparent trip so it won’t be long before we go. I’m just worried she’ll just be better right before we have to leave and don’t want to make her relapse

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter