Which Deluxe Resort for a girls trip 3 adults (80s/50s/30s), 1 tween, 1 pre-teen?

Faithfacts

Earning My Ears
Hi all, checking on which resort for a multi-generational girls trip. Riviera Deluxe Studio or Grande Floridian Resort Room? The Riviera Deluxe studio has 2 showers and a small kitchenette but the Grand Floridian room will have a larger living area. Your thoughts are greatly appreciated.

So I've not stayed at RIV yet but the 2 showers with 5 ladies would be a big selling point for me. I have two teenage girls and two showers would be a game changer for us. I'd swap that for a larger living room. I think GF comes into play if you will be at MK more than the other parks. The boat or walking path are really nice amenities along with monorail to Ep. There's great dining options at both resorts and I love GF.........but two showers......that's hard to beat.

When considering a studio, always find pictures of what it looks like with all of the beds open. Most DVC studios have just 1 real bed. They might have a sofa bed which pulls out, or a Murphy bed which pulls down from the wall. They might have a bed which pulls down from under the TV. If the 80 year old will need a scooter and you plan to keep it in the room, that's going to take up more space.

Also keep in mind the "more than 2 adults in the room" extra fee for regular hotel rooms. I'm not sure what the rule is if you pay for a studio with cash rather than with DVC points, and have more than 2 adults in the room.

So I've not stayed at RIV yet but the 2 showers with 5 ladies would be a big selling point for me. I have two teenage girls and two showers would be a game changer for us. I'd swap that for a larger living room. I think GF comes into play if you will be at MK more than the other parks. The boat or walking path are really nice amenities along with monorail to Ep. There's great dining options at both resorts and I love GF.........but two showers......that's hard to beat.
Thank you.

When considering a studio, always find pictures of what it looks like with all of the beds open. Most DVC studios have just 1 real bed. They might have a sofa bed which pulls out, or a Murphy bed which pulls down from the wall. They might have a bed which pulls down from under the TV. If the 80 year old will need a scooter and you plan to keep it in the room, that's going to take up more space.

Also keep in mind the "more than 2 adults in the room" extra fee for regular hotel rooms. I'm not sure what the rule is if you pay for a studio with cash rather than with DVC points, and have more than 2 adults in the room.
Thank you. Yes, we were looking at photos which is what prompted the question. We have never stayed in either of these rooms and thought asking others who have stayed in each could held with making a decision. It seems only our 11 yr old will fit on the pull out at the Riviera.

Does it have to be a deluxe resort? With 5 people, perhaps consider two rooms at a mod? 2 rooms, 2 full baths, 4 real beds, much more space. We love POFQ for girls' trips.

For 5 people I’d also recommend a larger room or splitting into two rooms if possible, especially when it comes to getting ready in the morning. Plus, no one has to share a bed, either.

Have you looked into one of the new ft wilderness cabins? Might be a good option with all the extra living space.

Prioritize 2 showers for adults and teens to get ready. We (family of 5) switched Poly (miserable stay Dec 2022) to AOA Nemo suite (same price) because of this. The deluxe extended hours were not worth it at Epcot for us (rode GOTG with a LL and VQ during the day). MK doesn’t have extended evenings during Dec holidays and we would rather pay for a party that allows early entry at 7 pm.

Also the Poly had very limited charging ports and had to ration charging the MB+ and phones/iPads.

Edit: the AOA suites have 3 separate sleeping areas (1 bedroom) and all beds are comfortable.

Last edited:
The Riviera has a much smaller footprint than GF. Less walking, but less areas to hang out and explore at the resort. The lobby of the Riviera is underwhelming and the quick service is snug. There will only be skyliner transportation to HS and Epcot, not great if you have anyone that is scared of heights. (If you have people who are uneasy with it but not scared, have them sit on the side that faces the station you are departing from--that way they don't have a view of coming into the station.)

Which parks are you going to? Do you hang out at the resort or are you park commandos? Is your group going to stay together the whole time or do you need easy ways for individuals to navigate get to and from the parks on their own?

I'm not sure I'd want that party all in one room unless it was the only option. I love my mom and my sisters, but I'm 40 and not bed sharing at this phase in my life. I'd look at 2 rooms in the Gran Destino Tower and add traveling with notations on both reservations, and make connecting the only request. Then all the adults get a bed and the kids can share a bed. It has a deluxe feel but at possibly the same price point for both rooms as one room at the GF.

For a multi-gen girls trip, having 2 showers in the Riviera Deluxe Studio could be a game-changer, especially if you've got a bunch of people trying to get ready at once. But if you're planning on spending a lot of downtime in the room, the larger living area at the Grand Floridian might be worth it.

For a multi-gen girls trip, having 2 showers in the Riviera Deluxe Studio could be a game-changer, especially if you've got a bunch of people trying to get ready at once. But if you're planning on spending a lot of downtime in the room, the larger living area at the Grand Floridian might be worth it.
We’ve thought of this but is there a division/door for privacy? It seemed like the shower was visible from the tub and there was a vanity next to the tub. The deluxe suite room is very tight vs AOA suites (it’s a 1 bedroom).

We were booked in a 1 bedroom at Riviera with grandparents with the Disney Visa discount but COVID cancelled our plans and we never got to try that resort. The Skyliner is a ride in and of itself and we tried the Poly (same price) and AKL (we book deluxe suite Savanna-expensive) but we keep coming back to AOA suites.

Both are nice choices. The 2 showers is important. 2 real beds at GF would also be important. (The DVC section at Big Pine Key has 2 queen beds.)

Saying all that - I don't see 5 people being comfortable in 1 studio. Depends how long you will be there. It's doable, but you need the smallest person in the little pull down twin. I imagine you would need to be pretty scheduled getting ready each day as far as sharing the bathroom - 1 toilet, etc.

I do studios with 4 and it's pretty full. I guess it's just up to how everyone feels being close and being flexible dressing and sharing the bathrooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter