which drop is worse--Jurassic park river ride or Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls?

jewell

Mouseketeer
Last time we were there, Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls either was being built, or maybe it was just down (can't remember, that was nine years ago!!! :scared1:) anyway, we did ride the Jurassic ride and although the drop was a little intense, I would still ride it this upcoming trip. In pictures of Dudley do-rights ripsaw falls, the drop looks much more scary! So is it worse than JPR??? I really hate big steep drops!!! :eek:

The are both great rides, but I would say JP is more intense due to the size of the boat. Do rights is very fun but you will be very wet to soaked.

Last time we were there, Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls either was being built, or maybe it was just down (can't remember, that was nine years ago!!! :scared1:) anyway, we did ride the Jurassic ride and although the drop was a little intense, I would still ride it this upcoming trip. In pictures of Dudley do-rights ripsaw falls, the drop looks much more scary! So is it worse than JPR??? I really hate big steep drops!!! :eek:
I would say JPR cause it has a 85 foot drop and Dudley is 75 foot
That 10 foot differance makes the differance :lmao::lmao:

The are both great rides, but I would say JP is more intense due to the size of the boat. Do rights is very fun but you will be very wet to soaked.

My dh & kids rode both, and I just wanted to emphasize the very wet to soaked on the Ripsaw Falls. I could not believe how wet they were when they came off of it.

So bluer, why does the size of the boat make the difference??? :confused3 I want to ride Do Rights, but I just don't know if I can get up my courage, it looks really steep!

I remember at the time my son was a week shy of his sixth birthday and he was OBSESSED with JP, he loved the park, and he rode JP twice (but the second time we had to beg him and after that, he said 'I'm not riding that again!), I can't believe my baby will be 15 on this trip! I love vacation memories! :lovestruc

I thought Dudley was worse. It seemed to go a LOT faster down than JP did. Not to mention how freaking SOAKED we were.

hmm...thats strange, cause i can tell you, i dont really remember the drop on JP, so it couldnt have been that bad...Ripsaw falls however, I STILL talk about a couple of years later!! So much so, that I'm not even sure I want to brave it this next trip...more so cause I know I will get SOAKED than anything else! :)

I have ridden both and think the Dudley is worse. The hill may be shorter but the ride is much faster and wetter.

How wet do you get on either of them? Is there a specific place to sit where you wont get as wet? Which seat to avoid?

How are these two compaired to Splash Mt?

JP has a longer drop, but I thought Do Right's drop was steeper making it a little more intense.

:scared1:
How wet do you get on either of them? Is there a specific place to sit where you wont get as wet? Which seat to avoid?

How are these two compaired to Splash Mt?

I can only answer a couple of your questions, I don't really remember getting that wet on JP, I think our shorts were pretty wet, but not drenched, I would have remembered if we were drenched, because we didn't stay on site and we didn't go back to change.

I know that JP is a longer drop than splash mt, but as far as the 'scare factor', it was about the same as splash mt, like I said I rode JR twice, and as I stated above I DO NOT like long steep drops, but I make exceptions for splash mt and JP! :thumbsup2

After reading the reviews about Do Rights, I do think I'll sit that one out. :scared1: I know the rest of my group will ride it though, because they will ride anything!!! :scared1:

Dudleys there's nowhere to hide, plus the quarter squirts may get you if there's someone sadistic enough waiting. Jurrasic was much less of a buzz but then we weren't in the front row (and they did get wet).

DDR in 2008...

2430605755_c5b8543000.jpg

My vote goes to Dudley. It may not be as steep but it's much faster and does that little double dip thing at the bottom.

So bluer, why does the size of the boat make the difference??? :confused3 I want to ride Do Rights, but I just don't know if I can get up my courage, it looks really steep! I just think the size of the boat and the roar it makes coming down the drop.:thumbsup2

I remember at the time my son was a week shy of his sixth birthday and he was OBSESSED with JP, he loved the park, and he rode JP twice (but the second time we had to beg him and after that, he said 'I'm not riding that again!), I can't believe my baby will be 15 on this trip! I love vacation memories! :lovestruc

My son was the same way (6 years old ), took hime once and loved it and then had to beg to get him to go again.:rotfl2: Now on Ripsaw I can't get him off the damn ride!:lmao:

I agree with the others that Dudley's drop feels worse,and I enjoy the overall ride more than JP,but I can't seem to ride it as often with it usually having longer lines.

The "feel" of Do-Right is more intense cause the drop feels steeper and there is no one beside you. The smaller vehicle makes it seem more intense to me:cool2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter