Which is better - New Poseidon's Fury or Original

Which version of Poseidon's Fury do you prefer?

• I like the original version with the Keeper and the teleportation effect

• I like the new updated version with Taylor the archaeologist as the guide better

• I think they are both the same.

• I haven't seen both shows.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

johare

DIS Veteran
If you've seen both, which version of Poseidon's Fury to you prefer. The original with the Keeper, Poseidon as the villian and the teleportation effect at the end or the new version with the archaeologist as the guide, Poseidon as the hero and a different effect with the final room?

Even though I think that the finale of the old show was better, I have to say the new show is much better overall.

Now, can we move on from this topic? It's just a theme park attraction! Its purpose is to provide entertainment, not be a subject of heated debate.

Originally posted by MrNonacho
Even though I think that the finale of the old show was better, I have to say the new show is much better overall.

Now, can we move on from this topic? It's just a theme park attraction! Its purpose is to provide entertainment, not be a subject of heated debate.

one thing i have discovered from this DISBOARD is that my view of IOA since i live in NW orlando is different than someone who lives in Ft. Myers, and the Ft. Myers view is different from some one in New Hampshire, and different than someone from Austria and so on.

All theme park enjoyment is local, that is person by person. I appreciate Mr Goddard entering into the fray and i absolutely love the T2-3D, but i think the preceived good show concept destroyed some of the really good points of the old show that deserve to be kept. :p

you would be surprised what i can know with that flashy thing;)

I have been to Ft.Myers, think I went to New Hampshire when I was a kid, could find NW orlando on a Map, and would like to go to Austria, etc. but I'll withhold final judgement on the credibility
of "Gary Goddard, Chairman of Landmark" until all of my correspondence to Landmark Entertainment Group through their channels are responded to.
Funny how Coiley the SpringSprite disappears and Mr.Goddard coincidentally finds the DIS site
HAVE FUN

Tony M i bet you are an X-File and First Wave fan?????

Tony...You may want to read Coiley the SpringSprite 's previous posts. I seriously doubt Mr. Goddard was hired on as a scareactor for Halloween season. That is of course if you were making an intimation that they are one in the same. As for his validating his credibility to you...good luck with that.:)

As for this poll...its a goof. We all know anyone can create many user names and vote accordingly thus making it biased.

Hey JessicaR sounds like all the laundry made you cynical:jester:

I haven't gone anywhere. If you look at the Poseidon thread, I've been posting regularly.

Let me tell you a little about myself: I'm a Disney premium annual passholder, a Universal two-park Annual holder, and currently an employee, as mentioned previously, to work as a scare-actor for HHN XI. I'm currently a freshman at UCF.

I'm just a theme park fan- nothing more, nothing less. And I certainly don't make a habit of impersonating others.

I have, however, met Mr. Goddard before as we have a mutual friend. I can also tell you that by way of that mutual friend, I have been told that it is most definately Gary Goddard who has been posting on this board.
Of course, there's no reason for anyone to believe me, but- hey, whatever.

Come on, people- just because designers rarely speak out on public forums, does not preclude the possibility of it happening. Just as people in the know from Universal post here regularly- no one questions the validity of Earl on this board. Remember that Mr. Goddard is about as high up as they come in a company and therefore has no need to hide his real identity as others do on this board.

Originally posted by johare
If you've seen both, which version of Poseidon's Fury to you prefer. The original with the Keeper, Poseidon as the villian and the teleportation effect at the end or the new version with the archaeologist as the guide, Poseidon as the hero and a different effect with the final room?

What are you TALKING about?

The same effect is STILL there. How can you slander the show saying that a good effect is gone, when it is still there, AND improved upon two-fold?

Geez.

C

Originally posted by Darkennon

What are you TALKING about?

The same effect is STILL there. How can you slander the show saying that a good effect is gone, when it is still there, AND improved upon two-fold?

Geez.

C

did you go thru the attraction with your eyes closed!!!!

The original show had a pre-vortex room and a post-vortex room. at the end of the show it appeared that i was back in the pre-vortex room.

the new show at the end you merely go from the post-vortex room to the "theater area" the back to the post vortex-room.
According to the new story the post-vortex room is deeper in the temple, not closer to escape. So the question of the storyline is WHY CAN I NOW ESCAPE BECAUSE WHEN I FIRST CAME IN TO THIS ROOM THERE WAS NONE?

Improved like beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Glad you like the new show, but stay away from detail oriented tasks. :p

Having seen both shows numerous times, it is without any doubt by anyone with any taste that the new show is FAR superior to the old show.

It's even questionable to call the old Poseidon a "Show". The characters wern't established at all, the exposition made NO SENSE and it was BORING.

Those who the old show remember the "moments" that they particularly enjoyed, but who can honestly say they ENJOYED the first two, uneventful rooms.

I have yet to hear a good arguement about what people LIKED about the old show.

Anyone with a taste for theatre or art can appreciate having this new show in a theme park, and is even more thankful that no one will ever see that OLD version again.

We mortals are the key, HUH?

Having seen both shows numerous times, it is without any doubt by anyone with any taste that the old show is FAR superior to the new show.

It's even questionable to call the new Poseidon a "Show". The characters aren't established at all, the exposition makes NO SENSE and it is BORING.

Those who enjoy the new show like a couple of the special effects, but who can honestly say they enjoy the first two, uneventful rooms...unless of course you like having a flashlight shined in your face or are impressed by a black light flashlight or are entertained by a no talent screaming fool.

I have yet to hear a good arguement about what people LIKE about the new show.

Anyone with a taste for theatre or art can appreciate having had the opportunity to see the old show and will be very disappointed that we are all stuck with the NEW uninspired version for the near future.

It's honeslty sick that 6 people prefered the old show.
Still- more- wisers- prefer the new show.

So, someone who liked the old show, i'm very interested in your logic- please tell me- step by step, room by room, what exactly it is that you ENJOYED about the old show.

Did an old man crawling out of the wall excite you?

Did the leaf pattern gobos overwelm your senses?

Because that's about how eventful the first room was.

What about the second room?

Who can honestly say they enjoyed those cheesy laser projections on the door?

Who can honestly say that anything the Oracle said made perfect sense?

How could you ENJOY being subjected to 4-5 minutes of NONSENSE whereas now it is exciting.

And who can say that Jeremy Irons DESERVED $100,000 to voice the character when they couldn't even advertise or say it was him?

I know what it was, some of you LOVED the laser projections in the final battle. Yes, it was the moment when the green Zeus shot LASERS FROM HIS EYES that won your hearts over. Or was it where Poseidon turned into all the little Poseidons?

For what I understand the new show was done for 1/27 of what the first show cost, and for that it really is a spectacular feat.

It's honestly sick that 10 people prefer the new show.
Probably all these first time posters creating new id's to skew the vote.

So, someone who likes the new show, i'm not really interested in your lack of logic- please tell me- step by step, room by room, what exactly it is that you enjoy about the new show.

Does a screaming idiot excite you?

Does a flashlight shinning in your eyes overwelm your senses?

Does a cheap black light effect leave your jaw dropping in awe?

Because that's about how eventful the first room was.

What about the second room?

Who can honestly say they enjoy seeing a bad actress displayed on a 15 inch screen passed off as an oracle?

Who can honestly say that anything the Oracle said made any sense?

Who can honestly say they enjoy seeing that screaming fool pick up that fake looking trident while trying to act scared?

How could you ENJOY being subjected to 4-5 minutes of NONSENSE whereas before this part of the show added drama, suspense and anticipation as to what was coming next.

I know what it was...some of you love that pathetic Star Wars clone that now plays the villian. No, I know...all of you who were so excited to have the flashlight shined in your eyes must go wild with excitement when the BIG flash of light goes off in the final room!

For what I understand the new show was done for 1/27 of what the first show cost which is just about exactly what it's worth when compared to the original.

Originally posted by johare
Probably all these first time posters creating new id's to skew the vote.

You know what? Johare, you're just a moron! First of all, if your logical arguement is simply rewording EVERYTHING Taylor says to you, that's hardly a "one-up" in my opinion.

Besides that - Did you even READ what you reworded? People HAVE given exact, specific reasons why the new show is a superior product. People HAVE given reasons why the old show is not. *YOU* have thus far, provided ZERO to support YOUR bogus ideas.

The only one who has done nothing but whine and complain in this thread is YOU. You need to get over it. The show was *not* designed for you. This show was designed for the public at large, who *like the show more than the original.* So - your theoriest have failed.

What is your problem with this situation? Why do you feel that you are the sentinel that must destroy this show? Why are *you* so defensive? Gary has a right to be - it's his show. You have no money, effort or idea behind this show, yet you haven't given up yet!

In closing, I give a hearty "Shut up!" in your direction. Enough is enough- really! Either support your ideas with solid reasons or continue to get ripped apart by myself, Gary, Taylor, and Christian, amongst others.

By the way, how old are you? 15? 16?

-C

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter