Which is Quieter OKW or SSR?

SwanVT2

DIS Veteran
We are still trying to finalize where we want to stay for our next trip 2019. I am a light sleeper. I have read that OKW is quiet but then have read that if you are in a bottom floor you can hear the people above you pretty well. Which rooms are quieter OKW or SSR? Thank you!

They're about the same, if you get loud people above or next to you it can be annoying, like any DVC or Disney hotel room.
Best is to get a top floor away from the elevator/stairs.

SSR IMO, OKW was built so long ago, I don't think that they put any insulation in the place. More than once we have had no trouble hearing discussions next door.

And to the family during our last stay there, we are glad that you didn't go home early like Dad threatened and we are sorry that your daughters are spoiled. :sad:

:earsboy: Bill

Have stayed at both, and I think OKW is much quieter. SSR is beautiful, but more like a hotel than OKW. We could always hear the people in the next room while at SSR....not at OKW.

SSR IMO, OKW was built so long ago, I don't think that they put any insulation in the place. More than once we have had no trouble hearing discussions next door.

And to the family during our last stay there, we are glad that you didn't go home early like Dad threatened and we are sorry that your daughters are spoiled. :sad:

oh no!

Aren’t there OKW buildings that have a bus turn around right outside them. I have not stayed in one, but I do think a villa in that area would be noisy.

Other than in a treehouse, when we could hear the bus, I have not had issues in SSR. (I would still take a treehouse!)

We were in a studio at SSR right next to the highway last month, and when we checked in I was concerned that it'd be noisy. But with the balcony door closed, we heard zero. I've never heard anything from next door or the corridor at SSR. No experience with OKW, except Olivia's, which we love! And the place is beautiful.

No experience with OKW.

When we stayed at SSR, we felt like the only family there. We heard no one in the hallways and no one next door. It was marvelous.

At SSR just hope the Fire company doesn't have a call, the sirens get very loud, especially at 3 am.

We stayed in the Paddock at SSR on the side of the building near the fire department and didn't hear a thing with the doors closed. I suggest if you need it completely quiet to bring ear plugs.

Disney controls the Fire Department and they don't like negative attention so they don't make a lot of noise. I know when paramedics are called they use back doors and CM areas to access out of sight of most guests.

Disney controls the Fire Department and they don't like negative attention so they don't make a lot of noise. I know when paramedics are called they use back doors and CM areas to access out of sight of most guests.

I just visualized fire personnel walking on their tippy toes as to not make noise! HaH!

We've stayed at OKW twice and never had any noise issues. The first time we were in a studio near the Hospitality House. The second time was in a 2-BR in Building 19. SSR was a different story. We were in a studio in the Grandstand and never heard a thing. Then we moved over to a 1-BR in the Springs and heard the beeping of the buses every morning. So I think there, it depends on what section you are in.

Even in the areas where the buses turn around at OKW, the buses are driving by the door to the villa, not where the bedroom windows are located for the most part. The place where I found the buses to be noisy at OKW were when we were in Bldg 45 near the stop sign for Turtle Pond. Every time they stopped, you could hear the squealing brakes.

Even in the areas where the buses turn around at OKW, the buses are driving by the door to the villa, not where the bedroom windows are located for the most part. The place where I found the buses to be noisy at OKW were when we were in Bldg 45 near the stop sign for Turtle Pond. Every time they stopped, you could hear the squealing brakes.
This is good to know, about that area where the buses turn around, thanks.:thumbsup2

The only noise at OKW is from the occasional bus, but I live in a big city so noise like that doesn't bother me. So it's all relative. Any place is quieter than home to me.

Obviously no matter where you are you could get stuck with noisy neighbors or people upstairs running around but those kinds of things are out of your control and the specific resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter