Which outlet mall to visit in Orlando?

Ms. Shuttergirl

DIS Veteran
Last time we went to Orlando my DH went to a particular outlet twice. I was all shopped out after NYC so didn't bother going.

I know they both have similar names like Premier and Premium or something but which one is better?

Definitely the Premium Outlet, there is a Disney Charater outlet store there (if you are lucky you can pick up cheap pins for trading.

The Neiman Marcus, and Saks outlets are worth checking out.

Allow a full day for shopping, and buying the extra suit-cases :rotfl2:

Definitely the Premium Outlet, there is a Disney Charater outlet store there (if you are lucky you can pick up cheap pins for trading.

The Neiman Marcus, and Saks outlets are worth checking out.

Allow a full day for shopping, and buying the extra suit-cases :rotfl2:

I found a photo of Premium and showed it to my husband and he has confirmed that's the one he went to last time so thank you for that.

He is whinging because I've got the outlets down for day 8 of the trip. He feels he can't wait that long to shop so I said he is more than welcome to go early on his own if he wants to :rotfl:.

What can I say, my man likes to shop :laughing:

we love them so much we went back 3 times...DH is also a shopper, but also a bloke, so can only do 3 hrs max before his head explodes all over the concrete:lmao:so we do it in lots

added up $$$ how much we spent there :eek: but we wont have to buy new clothes til next sept when we do this all over again...

the savings are amazing, so really make time for it.
ie: 13 business shirts, diff brands, cost here in au would be around $1400....we spent aprox $390 .....not to mention the shoes, pants, polo shirts etc...saved enough to pay for at least one airfare:thumbsup2

Karen - since you seem to have been there so many times, care to give me a heads up on the best places to buy:-

Business shirts and pants
Business shoes
Sneakers for kids
Sportswear for whole family
Sunglasses
Watch for me
All things clothing for my family, except me. I don't want to ruin my holiday :lmao:

we love them so much we went back 3 times...DH is also a shopper, but also a bloke, so can only do 3 hrs max before his head explodes all over the concrete:lmao:so we do it in lots

added up $$$ how much we spent there :eek: but we wont have to buy new clothes til next sept when we do this all over again...

the savings are amazing, so really make time for it.
ie: 13 business shirts, diff brands, cost here in au would be around $1400....we spent aprox $390 .....not to mention the shoes, pants, polo shirts etc...saved enough to pay for at least one airfare:thumbsup2

I'm the DH in this scenario. After 3 hours I start to glaze over. I wonder if they have a bar in the mall? If he could just plop me there with a champers, DS could have a "fireengine lemonade" and play his Nintendo and DH and DD can shop til they drop.

I'm the DH in this scenario. After 3 hours I start to glaze over. I wonder if they have a bar in the mall? If he could just plop me there with a champers, DS could have a "fireengine lemonade" and play his Nintendo and DH and DD can shop til they drop.

i think i saw alcoholic slurpees in the mall

I too am a premium outlet mall chick - all my wardrobe is Ferragamo and Anne Taylor! YAY!
However, on my last trip I ventured up to the Mall at Millenia - and it is very good. It was sale time (and remember their big "black friday" annual sale starts last friday in Nov - and considering the US is already cheaper than Aus for many things - make the Mall a saving too.
AND the mall has different stuff to the outlet
AND it has chocolate and coffee and alcohol

I too am a premium outlet mall chick - all my wardrobe is Ferragamo and Anne Taylor! YAY!
However, on my last trip I ventured up to the Mall at Millenia - and it is very good. It was sale time (and remember their big "black friday" annual sale starts last friday in Nov - and considering the US is already cheaper than Aus for many things - make the Mall a saving too.
AND the mall has different stuff to the outlet
AND it has chocolate and coffee and alcohol

adding it to my list:thumbsup2

Ms. Shuttergirl said:
He is whinging because I've got the outlets down for day 8 of the trip. He feels he can't wait that long to shop so I said he is more than welcome to go early on his own if he wants to :rotfl:.

:

Ahaha. Ms Shuttergirl, your family sounds like mine. My husband is really excited about the outlet malls, whereas just a couple of hours of shopping is usually all I can take before I start to get bored and grumpy.
I was thinking that half a day of outlet shopping on one of the last days of our 3 week trip would be about perfect. I haven't told DH this yet though.

The only shopping we do is the Screen Door shop on the Boardwalk. My DW hates shopping!

Another vote for Premium Outlets at the top of International Drive! There is a restaurant/bar there, too.
Also the Florida Mall is a good stop - they have an Apple store there, too, if you are after any of that! (iPad mini anyone?? :goodvibes) Plus loads of other stores, too. It is huge, though!!! :)
I do so love shopping in the US!!

Premium Outlet we went to hubby spend fortune in Calvin Klein Outlet and also bought an $800 watch :sad2:

We actually loved Florida Mall. They had heaps of sales and there was a Pottery Barn :cheer2:

Karen - since you seem to have been there so many times, care to give me a heads up on the best places to buy:-

Business shirts and pants
Business shoes
Sneakers for kids
Sportswear for whole family
Sunglasses
Watch for me
All things clothing for my family, except me. I don't want to ruin my holiday :lmao:

We bought Sunglasses at the Saks outlet - Burberry for around $80. Though C21 in NY had great sunglasses as well.

Shopping, my favourite pass time. I thought they changed the name of outlets and they are both Premium outlets now :confused3

Anyway my favourite one is the one that is further away from WDW, the one on International drive. I have a hard time not shopping everyday. I have a problem :hyper:, yes I admit. I have a problem :rotfl:

Remember to go to their website and print off the coupon to take to the info centre to get your coupon book for even more discounts.

My DW hates shopping!
:scared1::scared1::scared1: I have never heard of a woman who hates shopping! :rotfl: You are very lucky, trust me :rotfl: Most men would thrilled if their wives hated shopping!

Last century, the outlet mall at the end of International Drive was amazing lots of discounted run out stock, ridiculously cheap!! There was the other outlet mall down near Disney World (Vineland Ave) and it wasn't quite as good, more like a normal shopping mall with some discounted stuff. One of them was Premium Outlets, then Premium Outlets took over the other one, and now they are both Premium Outlets and pretty much the same, same shops, and very similar discounts, you find some differences in the discounts, but not sure it's enough to warrant checking out both to compare prices and then going back to the cheaper one. The International Drive one is a bit bigger, and does have a few more upmarket shops, but overall, much of a muchness. Either way, they have a lot more variety than here and everything is a LOT cheaper than here, and if it is discounted it's ridiculously cheap compared to here.

Mall of Millenia is just a great big shopping mall, like Westfield Bondi Junction or Westfield Chatswood, actually I think it may be smaller than Westfield Bondi Junction. Mall of Millenia has great air conditioning (both Premium Outlets you are wandering around outdoors between shops), again normal price is a lot cheaper than here, and if you go during sales, it's going to be much cheaper.

I wasn't at all impressed with Florida Mall, thought it was quite run down (2010, maybe it's been renovated since then?)

Now for SERIOUS bargains, you cannot go past Nordstrom Rack Millenia Crossing this is the discount outlet of Nordstrom, so millions of different brands, with ridiculous discounts, this is the stuff that has been in the sales racks at Nordstroms and then gets sent to the discount outlet. I got some Vera Wang shoes reduced from $600US for $30US, NYDJ jeans for $25US, etc, etc... Nordstrom Rack does not have every colour in every size, it is all about the leftovers, but there are so many leftovers you are bound to find something to make you happy :) And it's relatively close to Mall of Millenia, so you can do up market shopping/window shopping, and do some BIG discount shopping. Nordstrom Rack is a little bit awkward to find, it's sort of off by itself, but it is worth finding!!!!

it pays to spend a bit of time in advance online - looking at what brands are at which centres and whether a certain mall will be be worth your time. For everyone that will be different - For me, I don't need any kids stuff or sports stuff - or men's stuff - or .....

OK - easier if i just say : I want Ferragamo Shoes and Lindt / Godiver chocolates. :lmao:

So the Premium Outlets closest to WDW is best for me.

One of my friends discovered that Pandora and Tiffanys, even at full price, is half the price of Australia. Buying that stuff drove me into the Mall at Millenia - where I discovered the rich, chocolately paradise of the massive Lindt shop - which had an "outlet" section and was selling big bags of loose balls for $5 and halloween stuff on sale etc. Except for the top floor of European fancy brands i thought the mall was quite good - added bonus when there is sale.

and Cola - LOVE me some Nordies - thanks for the tip! :worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter