Which park has the most to do for adults?

funtraveler

Earning My Ears
Hi. My husband and I will be traveling to Orlando in March. We have planned to go to Universal and want to go to one additional Disney park as well while we are there. We both like thrill rides. Are there any suggestions out there. We are trying to choose just one.

Thanks

i would recommend going to Magic kingdom, as it does have a few thrill rides space mountain spash mountain etc but a visit to disney without mk would be a shame, i go with my husband every 2 years and we are still not board of mk and always find plenty to do.

Thrill rides, huh? My fav park for that would be MGM - Rock n Rollercoaster and Tower of Terror. Second would be Epcot - Test Track and Mission: Space, plus exploring the World Showcase. Third would be MK - Space Mtn., Thunder Mtn. and Splash Mtn.

Good luck with your decision!!! :cool:

I love Epcot!

kept in mind that the new tickets do not work to your advantage.

a one day is more much expensive than a 10 day pass - on the per day cost.

If you wouldn't have mentioned thrill rides I'd agree with Epcot. But ToT and RnR make me say MGM. We go in late September so DW can ride Tower over and over without long lines.

I like Mission to Space better then Tot or RnR....

which it and Norway ride were longer.

just depends upon what you like.

Thanks...

Sounds like we will be going to Epcot. I am dying to try out the new mission space ride!!!

It depends....Epcot has M:S and Test Track; MK has Space Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain; MGM has Rock n Roller Coaster....so good luck with your decision...!

It depends on what you like.

Do you like thrills? Then go to MGM.

Do you like fine dining and learning about other cultures? Then Epcots for you.

Some people find Animal Kingdom to be very romantic. It's a very pretty park. I could spend a day there just looking at the animals and flora.

MK is classic Disney.

Personally, I'd pick Epcot. I love the restaurants there and I really like the World Showcase. I could spend a whole vacation just doing stuff there. :)

I vote for Epcot. When I went solo, I went to that park more than any other. I actually found MK to be the least interesting of all four (please don't get me wrong, I still love this park, it just was the least favorite one). I loved tasting wine in Epcot, going to the rides, the interactive computer area, M:S, the plethera of characters EVERYWHERE! and tasting all the food and learning about all the cultures.
For thrill rides, MGM was good, and Animal Kingdom was probably the most relaxing.
Those are my votes...
Jo

Thanks everyone! ChrisJo, where exactly in the park did you do wine tasting? Also, what restaurants would you recommend?

I'd say EPCOT also; They do have some good thrills as is. Mission: SPACE is great. If you were going later, I'd say Soarin' would be an excellent thrill ride.

WS is one of my favorite parts of all of WDW, and I think best experienced as an adult.

In Oct/Nov Epcot has a wine/food festavial - so you can both at any of the countries - I think the food is $1 to $5 and the wine is $2????

I love thrill rides and love Disney-MGM Studios .:thewave: Great rides and atmosphere. Epcot is great too, but only one thrill ride, Mission: Space.

In both France and Italy, you can taste wine I think for $5, you can taste 3 different wines. One reason I liked this so much was because it wasn't crowded in those stores, and you literally can just taste and enjoy the view. Plus, you get to taste some fabulous wine. The people working there were wonderful and were able to match my tastes perfectly.
Jo

funtraveler said:
Thanks everyone! ChrisJo, where exactly in the park did you do wine tasting? Also, what restaurants would you recommend?

You can taste wine in France, Italy and Germany. Le Cellier in Canada is one of our favorites, Tipanyaki in Japan and Nine Dragons in China, also either of the restaurants in France are great, but the one on the lower level is a little cheaper in price than the one upstairs. We've also eaten at the Rose & Crown in the United Kingdom. Gee.... got a little carried away....sounds like I'd recommend just about all of them. :teeth: Can you tell EPCOT World Showcase if one of our favorite places? :lovestruc

We (to adults) just returned....we did all the parks and at the end agreed the MK is our favorite for the reason that you've got so many options there. Specifically Main Street, U.S.A., Adventureland, Frontierland, Fantasy land, Liberty Square and Tomorrowland each of which has its own unique feel/mood/ambiance (whatever you call it :rolleyes: ).

More than that if this is your first trip MK will make you want to visit again and again, something which I'm not sure if the other parks can do (folks? am I way off?) *Mind you I adore all the others, but if down to picking one...

You mentioned thrill rides...I found Mission Space to be a dud. While they did a great job of letting riders experience g-force in the end it's more virtual reality than a "ride". As for the Rockin' Rollercoaster at MGM is indeed great! So great, in fact, that I went on it repeatedly. Still, I wouldn't trade even the best rollercoaster in the dark (which it is!) for the complete sensory experience you get from Thunder Mt and/or Splash Mt.. Besides MK has Space Mt which is still pretty darn good!!! Also, while not a thrill ride, there's the Buzz Lightyear right which is just great fun. Oh ,oh…AND then you've still got the classics; Haunted Mansion, Jungle Cruise, Pirates of the Caribbean!!!

Yup…hands down, it's gotta be Magic Kingdom! ::yes::

Cathryn~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter