Which resort is a never or never again for you?

Until they do a major refurbishment, we are out of the SSR Treehouses. Conceptually, it sounded great and there were some tremendous amenities. But at the price paid (not a DVC member), I was looking for a more updated interior.

The boat transportation and pool at this resort are wonderful. And I thoroughly enjoyed cooking out on our private grill/deck.

But that interior felt way outdated, dark and dingy. Yet, the beds were incredibly comfortable.

- Standard rooms at any Value resort. They're so far away from everything.
- Kidani. The hallway is terribly long and the lobby is underwhelming compared to Jambo.
- PORiverside. The rooms are too far away from the lobby but I did LOVE the Royal Room aesthetic.
- Bay Lake Tower. Are you seeing a trend yet? Too far away from the lobby.
- Carribean Beach Resort. I stayed in a pirate room with 3 other people and it was waaaay too small for that. Also the resort is very spread out, but we never had to wait long for a bus. Cool feature pool though!
- Moorea building in the Poly. Beautiful views in our Lake view studio, but a long walk to...everything!
- Boulder Ridge Villas at WL. These are WAY outdated.
- TBH any DVC villa that I would have to sleep on a pullout sofa and not a murphy bed. Those sofa beds are SO uncomfy.

I'm not a total debbie downer though! I loved Pop Century (even before the skyliner was open!), the Polynesian, and POFQ and would def stay at any of those again. I would love to stay at Gran Destino Tower (maybe club level!!) and AKL Jambo, and the BoardWalk once it's been refurbished. And ASMu was lovely for the price, I would just get a preferred room or family suite next time :)
Lol, I just stayed again at Kidani in a 2-br villa and it was wonderful! Our villa was a short walk to the buses, great poolscape, loved Sanaa. Also with the boulder ridge update i'd definitely stay there now!

Most anything that is not deluxe, call me a snob if you want or whatever, I just don't want to feeling like live stock on vacation. I go on vacation to relax, I don't want to e in a shoe box, I don't enjoy fast food, and cramped pools. The French Quarter was pretty nice, so maybe ...

OKW is another NEVER, story of one sour apple spoiling the bunch, but it was clear someone either didn't care or wasn't trained well, either case, nope I don't need it.

Poly is not high on my list, because it only really has studios, I enjoy more space.
Oh no. I’ve just booked OKW. I’m hoping it will be nice. We’ve only been there for a meal

Value resorts, Coronado, Dolphin, Saratoga springs and Boardwalk.
Loved Wilderness lodge, AK lodge and Swan was great for location and comfy beds.

Oh no. I’ve just booked OKW. I’m hoping it will be nice. We’ve only been there for a meal
We've been going to OKW since 1993 and absolutely love the place and have had great experiences. The rooms, the service, the peaceful feel - almost always make it an awesome stay. All the resorts have guests with that unfortunate one-off bad experience - we had 2 really bad experiences at Saratoga and won't go back. But I'm not surprised by the people who love it there and go all the time! I think the chances are very very good that you will enjoy your OKW experiences. Have a nice trip!

Any value resort. It's not like if I were stuck and had nowhere else but being DVC just spoils you and even though I can do a moderate, (yes, I'm looking at you GDT!), a value is just not something I would do again unless of course out of necessity for a night.

There really is no resort that our family would say 'Never' too. I will say, based on the posts I am in the minority, that we rarely even look at booking deluxe resorts anymore. They would have to have a great discount or a special reason to stay at. What you get based on what they charge is ridiculous and we can spend our $$ on so many other areas and to enhance our trip or to put what we saved towards another trip:)

Value resorts, Coronado, Dolphin, Saratoga springs and Boardwalk.
Loved Wilderness lodge, AK lodge and Swan was great for location and comfy beds.
People either love it or don’t
I don’t,
I found it is to be the opposite of everything I enjoy at Disney !

We've been going to OKW since 1993 and absolutely love the place and have had great experiences. The rooms, the service, the peaceful feel - almost always make it an awesome stay. All the resorts have guests with that unfortunate one-off bad experience - we had 2 really bad experiences at Saratoga and won't go back. But I'm not surprised by the people who love it there and go all the time! I think the chances are very very good that you will enjoy your OKW experiences. Have a nice trip!
Thank you!

We love OKW. It's big and we do make sure we have a car when we go there. It is so pretty and so relaxing, and the big patios or balconies are so great!

Yacht Club - too granny and pappy and I'm saying this as a 65yo grandmother.

The rest, including the Swan and Dolphin, have been great. We're staying at the Swan Reserve next week since we've never been to that hotel. Have never stayed at the values. The only moderate was Coronado Springs which we thoroughly enjoyed. Not sure what the classification is for FW cabins but when our grown sons were young, we stayed there every time and they loved that place!

I doubt I will ever stay at Fort Wilderness Cabins/Campground.
I love camping and have camped many, many times, therefore if I'm traveling to WDW, I want a more elite feel. Unfortunately, my elite desire is usually on a beer budget . I've stayed value, mod and deluxe, with deluxe pretty much out of the question ever again.

I doubt I will ever stay at Fort Wilderness Cabins/Campground.
I love camping and have camped many, many times, therefore if I'm traveling to WDW, I want a more elite feel. Unfortunately, my elite desire is usually on a beer budget . I've stayed value, mod and deluxe, with deluxe pretty much out of the question ever again.
I am not a camper at all but I really liked the cabins.

We have stayed at mostly values—All Star Music, All Star Movies, Pop, and Art of Animation. We also once got a good deal on Coronado Springs and stayed there. I’m good with all of those. I really enjoyed the ceiling fans and multiple bus stops at Coronado. Every bus I encountered was empty. My mom did NOT like Coronado and will never stay there again. She said it was too quiet, too boring, no theming. She said if we are going to Disney the resort NEEDS to be gaudy and busy with families. She calls Coronado the “nursing home”.

The Crescent Lake resorts. All of them. I can't stand the theming, the layouts, the amenities. Being able to walk to Epcot's IG is the only good thing about them, and that's not nearly enough to make me want to ever stay there again.
I have to agree. We stayed at Boardwalk on one trip and Beach Club on another (both were Christmas trips) and I just wasn't feeling it either time. They're pretty enough, I guess, and walking to World Showcase was fine (though it was really cold out on both Christmases).
For us, the Grand Floridian was our second WDW resort experience (1st was Coronado) and it kind of spoiled us for the other resorts. MK is my favorite park too, so that's a factor.

I have to agree. We stayed at Boardwalk on one trip and Beach Club on another (both were Christmas trips) and I just wasn't feeling it either time. They're pretty enough, I guess, and walking to World Showcase was fine (though it was really cold out on both Christmases).
For us, the Grand Floridian was our second WDW resort experience (1st was Coronado) and it kind of spoiled us for the other resorts. MK is my favorite park too, so that's a factor.
My big problem is that they all seem “tacked on” in a way that OKW, AKL, CSR, and SSR don’t. They’re pretty enough to visit, but definitely don’t feel like “where the action is,” to me, at least.

I have to give WDW a lot of credit on doing such a great job with the many different resorts to choose from. When we first started going, a couple of decades ago, we stayed more at the Deluxes. The Deluxe amenities compared to Mod and Values, back then, were a lot more than it is today. But as years passed and the Mods and Values started getting movies, queen beds etc. the difference has narrowed greatly. As we kept going 2-3 trips a year, we learned that we had great trips at all the resort levels and once WDW got "very smart" and started using the pull down bed inside the Values that really opened up the room when its up in the wall. Now we only go once or twice a year and with POP having the skyliner, we have actually stayed there 4 out of our last 6 trips. I am so very glad that my family doesn't "need" a certain type of resort to have a great time:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter