Which Santa?

DisneyAndreaM

Mouseketeer
Heading to DLR December 4th - 10th with my DH, DD4 and DS1. We want to do the kids annual Santa photo at the parks this year. Wondering if anyone has any comments on which Santa experience is “better.” DCA (Redwood Creek Challenge Trail) it DL by Winnie the Pooh? Wait times, scenery, etc. Thanks!

I prefer the scenery at DCA. If you're planning on buying a photo, it looks more authentic if that makes sense. The wait gets long, so best to get there right when Santa first starts taking audiences. I think it's around 10AM if I remember correctly from last year...

We like the one in the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail in DCA. The whole set up is better in my opinion and the Santa was great last year.

There’s also Santa’s at all 3 of the on-site hotels- the backdrop at the GCH is cute too. But in the parks I also prefer DCA, however last year the line was ridiculous long so go early or be warned the line might be crazy!

Is Santa there when DCA opens?
He wasn't last year; I'm pretty sure he was at 10, and on days they opened at 10, he was there at 11. I don't think they have 10am openings scheduled for the park this year, though (thank goodness).

My favorite is GCH. I don't know about in the parks because I used to love the cabin Santa at Woody's Roundup but since they did away with that, I switched to GCH. I'm not a big fan of the DCA setup, personally, just because I like the old-fashioned type look. Since we're always staying at GCH in Dec, we like to do fun outfits or jammies for our Santa pics and that's easy when your room is upstairs.

2 years ago, we stopped by to see Santa at Critter Country. He was AMAZING! He knew about all the video games my kids were asking about and spent quite a bit of time talking to them both, and then happily took many photos with my boys and with us as a family. The helpers there were equally as friendly and engaging. Last year, we tried the Santa at Redwood Creek (sad it's no longer in Elias & Co, that Santa and backdrop was fantastic). My kids did not notice the DCA Santa wasn't too great, but my DH and I sure did. He didn't really talk or engage the kids at all and he didn't know what they wanted (It was a toy on the hot toys list, not something obscure). We felt like the rushed the kids through. In fact, Santa didn't really seem like he wanted to be there. I know that job has to be demanding and everyone has a bad day, but we were disappointed. I think on our trip this year, we will try again at Critter Country.

Is Santa in the parks in November or just December? I'd heard that the DCA Santa tends to have a shorter line but the Critter Country Santa also gives photo ops with the Pooh characters while you are in the line...

My favorite is GCH. I don't know about in the parks because I used to love the cabin Santa at Woody's Roundup but since they did away with that, I switched to GCH. I'm not a big fan of the DCA setup, personally, just because I like the old-fashioned type look. Since we're always staying at GCH in Dec, we like to do fun outfits or jammies for our Santa pics and that's easy when your room is upstairs.

They've had some really nice gingerbread houses there the past couple years too!

Add me to the list of folks wondering if Santa pictures are included in Photopass.

Last year ours was part of photopass. We had ours at Disneyland in the pooh area. Santa was nice but I was hoping for something a bit more special and traditional. I surpose because this was a once only thing for us I wanted the photos to be seperate and Disneyland Christmas plastered over them.

Line in DCA was so long (90+ min) last year that we took pics with Chip and Dale in Redwood Creek area (no line) and called it our Santa picture. TBH we may do that again because my kids hate doing Santa photos! When Santa was at Elias we never had to wait more than a couple minutes, not sure if that was just luck or if it's a more popular photo op now.

Line in DCA was so long (90+ min) last year that we took pics with Chip and Dale in Redwood Creek area (no line) and called it our Santa picture. TBH we may do that again because my kids hate doing Santa photos! When Santa was at Elias we never had to wait more than a couple minutes, not sure if that was just luck or if it's a more popular photo op now.

Wow, my kids will not wait that long. What time of day was this?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter