Which side of the dinner plate does the bones discard plate go on, and how do you know this?!

I've never heard of a "bone dish." But I wasn't a bride in the 1800s so I guess that makes sense! What were people in the Victorian era getting down on? I'm guessing it wasn't buffalo wings.

This was it's origin (Victorian) not that which necessarily holds true today... Albeit, some of us still do; we want to have a "Special" plate for them discards. My relatives were partial to fish, and lamb chops. :fish:

Last edited:
No bone dishes at my table- the thought of having food with bones still in it creeps me out- not happening at my table!

I was raised to always be polite, but just because someone managed to live a few years doesn't automatically confer respect. Even older folks must earn it, isn't that how it should be?

I was always raised to respect my elders. I feel older people do deserve respect, unless they do something to make me lose my respect for them.

No bone dishes at my table- the thought of having food with bones still in it creeps me out- not happening at my table!

You never eat chicken on the bone as in a chicken breast, leg or thigh? Wings? No pork or beef ribs? T-bone steak? Or maybe you are vegetarian?

You never eat chicken on the bone as in a chicken breast, leg or thigh? Wings? No pork or beef ribs? T-bone steak? Or maybe you are vegetarian?

I'm not the person you quoted, but I rarely eat most of those things. i never eat ribs, wings or thigh -- I hate pulling meat off a bone with my teeth, it grosses me out. A t-bone steak I will eat, but I'm using a knife and fork to separate the meat from bone (and honestly prefer a filet) I usually get boneless chicken breasts.

It's also the case that I don't think of ribs or wings as fine china kind of food, so even if I were to eat that, I'm unlikely to serve it at a formal dinner where I broke out the real china and needed a bone plate ;p

NO- I will eat a chicken cutlet but never on a bone- that grosses me out. I don't eat wings, pork or beef either- just seeing people ripping meat off and sucking on chicken wing bones makes me want to vomit.

I'm another who only eats and serves the boneless species of chicken, fish, and pork. Occasionally I'll have a steak with a bone.

I've never had ribs nor chicken wings. Chicken wings were considered trash when I was a kid, only suitable for crab bait. I still consider them to be trash. And often that trash costs more than boneless chicken breasts,

I'm another who only eats and serves the boneless species of chicken, fish, and pork. Occasionally I'll have a steak with a bone.

I've never had ribs nor chicken wings. Chicken wings were considered trash when I was a kid, only suitable for crab bait. I still consider them to be trash. And often that trash costs more than boneless chicken breasts,
Really? No ribs ever? I don't know anybody that would say they've never had them. You should go to Tony Roma's tonight - I bet you have a latent "rib person" inside you waiting to get out!! :wave2:

Really? No ribs ever? I don't know anybody that would say they've never had them. You should go to Tony Roma's tonight - I bet you have a latent "rib person" inside you waiting to get out!! :wave2:

Really. No ribs ever. Not even a McRib sandwich from McDonald's. It just doesn't appeal to me. Maybe they taste great, but I'm not willing to try. Too messy IMO. More for everybody else to enjoy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter