• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Whispering Cannon ?

wildernessbride52105

Tinkerbell wanna-be...FINALLY at the begining of t
Hello everyone. I'm a regular poster on the Disney Wedding board and just have a ? about WC. It's my favorite resturant at the world and we are planning on having our reception dinner there. We are having a very small wedding(11 including us) at the Wilderness Lodge at 5:00pm. After the wedding and cake/champagne reception we would like to just go downstairs and enjoy a fun, yummy meal. What are your thought on this? It seems like all the other Disney brides go to a formal kind of resturant. Thank you in advance.

Jessica
May 21, 2005 wedding @ Wilderness Lodge's Sunrise Terrace

I think if you really want Whispering Canyon, then go for it. Who says you have to have a formal dinner? I'd personally rather go to WCC and have loads of laughter and fun!

Congratulations!

I think it would be cool to have it at WC!! :) If only I could have talked MY wife into somthing like that!!:crazy: I bet they would even do somthing special with a little notice!!

Go for it! :sunny:

As long as you don't mind all the hoopin' & hollerin' going on. You may not be able to hold a conversation with your guests.

When we were eating lunch at the WC on 10/31, there was a wedding reception going on. The bride was in a traditional wedding gown, and there were several men in tuxedos. They had approximately 4 large tables set up on one side of the room (near the lobby side). It looked like they had finished their main meal when we arrived. They had a table set up with a server and a spread of desserts, and everyone went up and selected desserts. I don't know how their main meal was, as we arrived later. It looked nice, but not very private. I guess it depends on what you are looking for.

I say that if it is your favorite restaurant, go for it! If you are looking for a more private experience, just choose an off hour.

I think a wedding & reception should reflect the personality of the bride & groom. If WCC reflects your personalities, and that is where you'll be most comfortable, then that's your best bet. The last thing you want is an uncomfortable wedding party who aren't really enjoying themselves. You want the most memorable day of your life, (that is until you have babies ;) ), to be filled with wonderful memories. I hope you guys have a perfect day, and Congratulations. :wizard:

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Thank you everyone for your input. All the guests really enjoy the resturant so I knew it was an option. We all know what to expect there and it will be so fun. I was there for my birthday in May and they sure did embarrase me! But it was all fun! I'm happy to here someone saw a wedding party there. I was kind of worried no one went there. So it looks like this will be our reception spot! Thanks again!

Jessica
May 21, 2005 wedding @ Wilderness Lodge's Sunrise Terrace

one more thing...tarheelmjfan, well we already have a 2 1/2 year old son, but my parents are taking him our entire stay. That way we CAN enjoy ourselves! Kids sure are a handful!!!

Also, I was wondering...so the wedding is on May 21, future hubbies 24th b-day is on the 22, and my 22nd b-day is on the 23, should I let them know that when making my reservations? It's really just gonna be a BIG bash! I can't wait!

A 2 1/2 yo.! I'm sure you could use some time alone. ;) I remember those days fondly. I miss them actually. :( In that case, I think WCC is an excellent choice. You definitely want to go somewhere that he can be a part of it all, and he'll also enjoy. Congrats! :)

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter