Who collects the pins?

LeanneW

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone,

So I was just wondering: who collects Disney pins? My boyfriend started me on it last summer when he and his family went to Disneyland. He brought me back a bunch from my favorite movies and gave them to me on each month anniversary. LOL. His entire family is HUGE on pins (they must have about 300-400 displayed all throughout the house) and they are SOO excited that I'm going to be working in Merchandise. Like stoked, through the roof excited, because they know that's a pin trading role.

So who else does this? I have a total of 10 right now and will totally be collecting next fall!

And on a related note, do employee discounts apply to the pins? LOL.

i'd love to "officially" start collecting pins someday. i have one pin that i got when i went to disneyland. i also used to have about 10 of the collectable pennies but sadly i can't find them.:sad1:i had three from DLR and the rest from WDW. most of them were winnie the pooh.

Hey everyone,

So I was just wondering: who collects Disney pins? My boyfriend started me on it last summer when he and his family went to Disneyland. He brought me back a bunch from my favorite movies and gave them to me on each month anniversary. LOL. His entire family is HUGE on pins (they must have about 300-400 displayed all throughout the house) and they are SOO excited that I'm going to be working in Merchandise. Like stoked, through the roof excited, because they know that's a pin trading role.

So who else does this? I have a total of 10 right now and will totally be collecting next fall!

And on a related note, do employee discounts apply to the pins? LOL.

I worked attractions, and I could still pin trade. Yes, the discount applies to pins! ^_^ And I collected a few, but Ive decided against doing that again (well, personally collecting; I'll still have a lanyard for guest trading). I spent WAAAAAAY too much on them. I'll collect ones that will have meaning for me (like a pin for whatever ride I'm working; I'm still hoping to find an Innoventions pin), but that's it. I don't want to go overboard again lol

....'unofficially', I am a Disney pin collector...so far, I have about 90-95 pins, which, to the REAL oficionados, is 'amateur'.....

I worked attractions, and I could still pin trade. Yes, the discount applies to pins! ^_^ And I collected a few, but Ive decided against doing that again...I spent WAAAAAAY too much on them....

...yup, I know what you mean - I think I need a second job to supply my habit....:rolleyes:

bonbon said:
...I'll collect ones that will have meaning for me (like a pin for whatever ride I'm working; I'm still hoping to find an Innoventions pin)....

...I kinda do that too - I collect pins of MY favorite rides and pins of the resorts that I've stayed at....I also like to collect 'special occasion' ones, like a holiday, or a commemorative day at WDW (like 25th anniversary)...

I love the pins! I just started collecting when my program began, so since January I've got 102 pins! I mainly collect pirates, Stitch, and whatever catches my eye. I also have a pin from every place I have worked.

I have two of the pins and one of them broke! ::sobs:: I had it on my schoolbag and the back broke so I need to find a new one that has goofy on it with the words LOL in big letters and him laughing. It cracked me up when I saw it!

I also have one of Stitch interuppting Lady and the Tramp's dinner lol

One pin I really want:

When I went to disney for the first time ever in 2003, I got a couple pins. When I got accepted in the CP, my mom gave my pins away to my cousin, thinking I could just get more when Im down there. Sweet thought, however, she gave away my favorite pin: one of Meg, and it said "I Won't Say (I'm in Love)," my favorite Disney song. I tried to get it back from her, but during recess she traded it =( before I could talk to her. I didn't see it at all during my CP. *sigh*

TO EBAY!

One pin I really want:

When I went to disney for the first time ever in 2003, I got a couple pins. When I got accepted in the CP, my mom gave my pins away to my cousin, thinking I could just get more when Im down there. Sweet thought, however, she gave away my favorite pin: one of Meg, and it said "I Won't Say (I'm in Love)," my favorite Disney song. I tried to get it back from her, but during recess she traded it =( before I could talk to her. I didn't see it at all during my CP. *sigh*

TO EBAY!

...I'm afraid that's about the best [ and most expensive] place to find that pin - I'm curious, what made your mom decide to just give away your stuff like that??? :confused3

...I'm afraid that's about the best [ and most expensive] place to find that pin - I'm curious, what made your mom decide to just give away your stuff like that??? :confused3

In an effort to "help" me pack, she was going through my stuff (I was at college, she was in my room). She was bored, and apparently the pins were something that could go. I honestly don't even know.

Oh, and ebay didn't have it. I've been trying to look on pin sites, still cant find it. :guilty:

i am hoping to start collecting when i start my program in the fall. i love pins and buttons of all kinds, so i might as well!

I have hundreds of pins...bad habit to get into...I collect figment, goofy and tinkerbell...I am afraid of getting the discount because without the discount I can say it's way to expensive...but with a discount...I just can't buy any more pins...lol

In an effort to "help" me pack, she was going through my stuff (I was at college, she was in my room). She was bored, and apparently the pins were something that could go. I honestly don't even know.

Oh, and ebay didn't have it. I've been trying to look on pin sites, still cant find it. :guilty:

:hug:

My family is full of pin traders/collectors! My dad has been collecting pins since the 80s before pin trading was popular. So of course each child has a pin collection! I collect tinkerbell pins, my mom collects donald, and my brother collects mickey and tigger. My dad has about 10 books full of pins! We are crazy but we love it! I can't wait until August when I start working downt there and can pin trade all the time :cheer2:

My family is full of pin traders/collectors! My dad has been collecting pins since the 80s before pin trading was popular. So of course each child has a pin collection! I collect tinkerbell pins, my mom collects donald, and my brother collects mickey and tigger. My dad has about 10 books full of pins!....

....:earseek:....wow, I bet you guys must have collected some DOOZIES over the years...

Hey I was looking around the internet for the pin and here is what I found...
http://www.ioffer.com/i/Disney-Hercules-Megara-in-Love-Pin-Pins-71983361
http://www.ioffer.com/i/Disney-Hercules-Megara-in-Love-Pin-Pins-84846761

Hopefully you can get it!!!

I love pin collecting! I started in 2005, and I now have over 200 pins.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter