Who collects the pins?

I'll be doing Merchandise this fall, and this is seriously one of the things I'm most excited about. I'm going to start looking at Ebay between now and August so I can start to build up a little collection. If I start looking early enough, I'll hopefully be able to wait around for some good deals!

i just started pin collecting too! it was my girlfriends birthday about a few weeks ago and we have APs, so we got the $69 giftcard instead of a ticket. she just wanted a lanyard, but we ended up getting a bunch.

she got all these anime looking ones with heads that wiggle. and i got some gnarly ones too - mickey dressed as jack skellington and a tower of terror pin that has sliding doors.

yep, pretty much hooked now.

OMG I love collecting pins!:dance3:
That is what I spend most of my money on when I go to Disney.
My favorite pins are a collection that i have from when the parks first started selling them. Its a collection of the it's a small world dolls.
I don't trade pins tho but people are welcome to look at what I have:goodvibes

I'll be doing Merchandise this fall, and this is seriously one of the things I'm most excited about. I'm going to start looking at Ebay between now and August so I can start to build up a little collection. If I start looking early enough, I'll hopefully be able to wait around for some good deals!

I collect pins and i found some on e-bay for $1.62 each including shipping. And they are some really cute pins but they are bought for the purpose of trading. I have spent good money on my 200+ pins i ahve been collecting since 2000. If you look for trading lots that will be your best bet when it comes to getting good pins cheap.

I collect sleeping beauty stuff so if i see any new sleeping beauty pins coming out i may have to contact some of you merch people and see if we could make a deal for you to ge them for me and ship them to me.. i will pay for everything... maybe we could make this work...

Okay, so I'm doing merchandise Fall 2009 and I know that's a pin trading role, but I was wondering: do you have to buy pins to trade with customers? How does that work?

Leanne, I asked this question yesterday on another Disney board, and was told that Disney provides CMs (and CPs) with a lanyard and pins to trade at the beginning of each shift. If you pin trade in your time off, your personal pins should never be mixed with Disney-issued pins, because the pins you are given to trade do not belong to you.

Here's a link to the thread--the guy who answered seems very knowledgeable about pin trading, so I'm just gonna take his word for all of this.
http://mb.laughingplace.com/MsgBoard-T-104745-P-1.asp

...she got all these anime looking ones with heads that wiggle. and i got some gnarly ones too - mickey dressed as jack skellington and a tower of terror pin that has sliding doors...

...I have that one...

I am an avid pin collector! I have hundreds and hundreds of pins.

I collect Hercules [Herc, Pegasus, Meg, Hades, Phil, Pain & Panic...the whole gang,] Sword in the Stone, Captain Hook, Peter Pan, Figment, & Haunted Mansion pins primarily.

I collect ones that have meaning for me, or sets I think are cool, or just random ones I like lol I have a cool one from Hong Kong with an anime-ish Tigger and Eeyore celebrating the Chinese New Year, and its in Mandarin. Now if only I paid more attention in Mandarin class, I would be able to read it lol

DBF and I are going to probably try pin collecting while we're in WDW next year in April for my 21st. I don't have any pins yet so this will be my first time collecting as will it be his. I thought this would be a great way for us to spend some time together as he won't want to ride alot of the things that I would and to make up for "lost" time, we are gonna try pin trading/collecting.

Side Note: Does anyone know where I can find the FIRST Robotics Pin from when EPCOT had the competition in 2001? I was lookin for it for DBF for our anniversary and I wanted one myself. If anyone has any leads that would be great. Thankies!!!

Mere the Bear :tinker:

One pin I really want:

When I went to disney for the first time ever in 2003, I got a couple pins. When I got accepted in the CP, my mom gave my pins away to my cousin, thinking I could just get more when Im down there.!

that sucks!

ok someone mentioned something about posting pic of your favorite pin but don't know where. so i thought i'd share mine.

vmsvhu.jpg

it is my one and only pin. i will start pin collecting in the future but for now this is it. for sentimental reasons i will never part with this pin. 1) it's my very first one. 2) i got it on my very first trip to disneyland.

Hi, I have like 75 -100 pins. And also over 200 pressed coins, Hope to get more of both while I'm there for the Fall 09 Program.:banana:

I have like 10 Belle pins because I love Belle, but I do NOT want to trade them with little kids Haha! I can't wait to get more. Do CPs get a discount on pins?

that sucks!

ok someone mentioned something about posting pic of your favorite pin but don't know where. so i thought i'd share mine.

vmsvhu.jpg

it is my one and only pin. i will start pin collecting in the future but for now this is it. for sentimental reasons i will never part with this pin. 1) it's my very first one. 2) i got it on my very first trip to disneyland.

...nice way to start a collection....:thumbsup2

Hi, I have like 75 -100 pins. And also over 200 pressed coins, Hope to get more of both while I'm there for the Fall 09 Program.:banana:

...off-topic, but "Chicharron de Bayamon".....sorry, couldn't resisit...:rotfl:

[PS ~ congrats on getting accepted to the program - best of luck in the fall!]

I love the pins and they are so fun but usually I don't have alot to spend so I only get maybe one or 2. I usually get Goofy, Figment, that sort, plus my favorite rides The Haunted Mansion or Pirates. And I buy my mom a Tink one lol. But yea, hopefully I can get some if I make it into a CP position!!!
Have a Magical Day!!!
Goofster18

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter