Who collects the pins?

I love the pins and they are so fun but usually I don't have alot to spend so I only get maybe one or 2. I usually get Goofy, Figment, that sort, plus my favorite rides The Haunted Mansion or Pirates. And I buy my mom a Tink one lol. But yea, hopefully I can get some if I make it into a CP position!!!
Have a Magical Day!!!
Goofster18

...you too..

I have like 10 Belle pins because I love Belle, but I do NOT want to trade them with little kids Haha! I can't wait to get more. Do CPs get a discount on pins?

Yup haha and you don't have to trade your pins with the kids. And if they give you one you want, have a couple of your own personal "trader" pins in your pocket to quickly switch them out.

Okay, so I'm doing merchandise Fall 2009 and I know that's a pin trading role, but I was wondering: do you have to buy pins to trade with customers? How does that work?

If your area does pin trading, you will be given a lanyard with 9-12 pins for trading (you don't have to buy pins, or use your own).

I don't do alot of pins, but my mom and I (my dad is not quite as DISNEYFREAKS as we are lol) do collect those coins like no one's business. We have 3 or 4 Disney books and get new ones every time, and some doubles from ones we already have. They are nice to just look through and cost nothing basically, like I just collected the shiny (it's important to get shiny pennies, if you don't have one on you down there, ask a Cast Member and they will get you one in exchange, they are used to that type of question!!) pennies and my extra quarters. We usually only do 1 or 2 smashed quarters because they are more expensive, but I did a Goofy and a Figment, and my mom did Tink (our favorite characters!). So yes they are fun, and heavy after a while, I suggest leaving the book in the hotel room, having a special zipper place for the pennies throughout the day, then when you are back in the room putting them in and looking over, reliving the day sort of. That's my 2 cents TOTALLY off topic, yes.
Have a Magical Day!!!
Goofster18

thanks! i to really start collecting whenever i go back to DLR or WDW. i'm also going to buy those books to keep the pressed coins in so i can start recolleting those as well.

...hey, mebbe we could start to do a 'mini-trade/swap' right HERE....

I don't but I plan to start when I go in 2011 (hopefully i'm picked!)

I'll deff. buy the pins that state attractions I have worked at or something.

was going to do the whole pin thing in terms of getting pins where I work but I got character attendant!! So I can get the pin of the park but getting pins of the characters I work with should be alot of money and pins!! 3 questions: Does anyone know if I only work with 1 character or multiples (slightly off topic, I now) 2. Do character attendants do the pin trading with guests thing? and 3. has anyone had this job before and done pins, like gotten one for each character or what did you do? Weird last question, but figured I'd ask for ideas besides not buying a ton of pins. lol thanks!!
Have a Magical Day!!!
Goofster18

was going to do the whole pin thing in terms of getting pins where I work but I got character attendant!! So I can get the pin of the park but getting pins of the characters I work with should be alot of money and pins!! 3 questions: Does anyone know if I only work with 1 character or multiples (slightly off topic, I now) 2. Do character attendants do the pin trading with guests thing? and 3. has anyone had this job before and done pins, like gotten one for each character or what did you do? Weird last question, but figured I'd ask for ideas besides not buying a ton of pins. lol thanks!!
Have a Magical Day!!!
Goofster18

1. It depends on the location. When I worked at Playhouse Disney last summer, 2 days a week I had 3 characters (JoJo and Goliath, and Handy Manny) and 3 days a week I had 7 characters (the 3 listed, plus the 4 Little Einsteins).

2. Yes. Character Attendants pin trade.

3. I have. I am a huge pin collector. However, I was more of a random pin collector, rather then get specific pins.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter