Who do you dislike seeing on TV?

We're really that restricted here on the DIS now? Nothing even 'remotely political'? Would mentioning anyone who has said something political on TV count? Pretty much every person someone has posted on this list has said something political on TV. I guess it would make sense just to close the thread down then? (But I am a bit disturbed that the DIS is getting so overly controlling)

There is a post at the top of this board. Most people know this rule, and based on history where some people have a hard time respecting that other people may not agree with them and go after them on various boards, or threads, even years after an opinion has been expressed.... we'd rather just avoid those types of topics because they cause so much disruption.

Don't mention political figures, please - past or present.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/important-new-policy-regarding-politics-and-religion.2125870/

As a kid, it was always the president, no matter who it was - because in those days, no cable. When the president was on, the president was on EVERY channel. :(

I still hate almost every “breaking” interruption of “regular broadcast”, though I at least have options now.

This is why I love my DVR, we rarely have live TV on because I hate commercials. Here they break in for the strangest things too......

There is a post at the top of this board. Most people know this rule, and based on history where some people have a hard time respecting that other people may not agree with them and go after them on various boards, or threads, even years after an opinion has been expressed.... we'd rather just avoid those types of topics because they cause so much disruption.

Don't mention political figures, please - past or present.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/important-new-policy-regarding-politics-and-religion.2125870/

So we should tag/report any posts that mention a celebrity who has made a political statement or taken a political stand as well? Or is it just based on a political statement in the post? Thank you for posting the above link - but it is vague and really doesn't make it clear enough for me what exactly is not allowed. For example, if a celebrity has endorsed a certain candidate or politician, or has made a political statement about one, can we talk about the celebrity?

Please stay away from political discussions.

As a direct response to this:

So we should tag/report any posts that mention a celebrity who has made a political statement or taken a political stand as well? Or is it just based on a political statement in the post? Thank you for posting the above link - but it is vague and really doesn't make it clear enough for me what exactly is not allowed. For example, if a celebrity has endorsed a certain candidate or politician, or has made a political statement about one, can we talk about the celebrity?

Reference to a celebrity that has made a political statement - no issue.
Reference to a celebrity's political statement - issue
Political figures - past or present - especially American political figures - off the table - no reference to that person

I hope that helps make things a little bit clearer. Unfortunately, we cannot write every rule ahead of time, but our goal is to keep these boards family-friendly. Fun, interesting discussions are welcome. Discussions that can become acrimonious are not welcome. I've been around quite a few years, and have seen enough of these types of comments take a major downward spiral. My task is to help keep us away from that.

Last edited:
Armand Assante

Luckily he isn't on tv much any more. Every role he's ever been in has creeped me.

They are shown everywhere, every day....... why oh why :crazy2: :crazy2:

It's a sad commentary on our society, isn't it?

Agreed, but they are like watching a train wreck or a car accident. We all know we shouldn't look but that is easier said than done.

Nah, not hard for me. I just change the channel or turn off the tv if ANY of them or their relatives pop up. Kind of like my own personal ignore feature.

I may not have a lot of standards in life, but I won't bend on this one.

You may have missed it, but a poster made this thread directly political almost immediately. There was a rebuttal post, then the moderator intervened. She deleted the two posts then provided the warning. I thought she did an excellent job.

And considering pretty much the same exact thread a month ago turned very political proving that this board couldn't handle it, the moderator's warnings are well deserved and from me at least, well taken.

Armand Assante

Luckily he isn't on tv much any more. Every role he's ever been in has creeped me.

Adore him! :goodvibes

And miss him a lot. Especially loved him in The Mambo Kings, I think of some of those scenes to this day.

You think he's creepy. I think he's sexy as hell.

Last edited:
You may have missed it, but a poster made this thread directly political almost immediately. There was a rebuttal post, then the moderator intervened. She deleted the two posts then provided the warning. I thought she did an excellent job.
Yes indeed, I missed it. Thanks for providing this.

Adore him! :goodvibes

And miss him a lot. Especially loved him in The Mambo Kings, I think of some of those scenes to this day.

You think he's creepy. I think he's sexy as hell.
This is so funny because it was his performance in Mambo Kings that turned me against him! He seemed so slimy to me in that movie.

I'm surprised this thread just didn't get deleted. After how it started and mod after mod came on saying no politics, I'm just really shocked this thread is even open. Oh well, I'll just keep eating my popcorn.

Miley Cyrus..she's not always annoying in my mind but when she's on TV it seems like it's never in moderation. Like when she was on for days on Jimmy Fallon for example.

I agree on the Kardashians. I think my breaking point was when Kayne stepped into the picture. Before that I could tolerate them. I guess that brings up Kayne as well lol.

I couldn’t stand Miley Cyrus. However when she was on Jimmy Fallon for a week I realized how talented she is, and she’s changed her life. No more drugs, and she admits that she was on the wrong track and is thankful for cleaning it up. Everyone deserves a second chance.

I couldn’t stand Miley Cyrus. However when she was on Jimmy Fallon for a week I realized how talented she is, and she’s changed her life. No more drugs, and she admits that she was on the wrong track and is thankful for cleaning it up. Everyone deserves a second chance.

She does a great job singing Dolly Parton’s “Jolene” and loved her and Jimmy Fallon singing Kenny Rogers and Dolly’s “Islands in the Stream.” You’re right, she deserves a second chance and I hope she does well by it.

As to the original question, my answer is Charlie Rose. But thankfully he probably won’t be on TV anymore since he has been fired by both CBS and PBS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter