Who else doesn't get much sleep the night before traveling to Disney

animalkingdom15

DIS Veteran
I have come to the realization that even though I'm heading to the airport at 345 Monday morning, there is no way I'm going to be able and sleep tonight. It's like Christmas Eve when you were a kid with the anticipation and excitement of the next day being Christmas Day. As it is, I have to get up in about 5 hours and 40 min anyways and the car is picking me up at 345.

Does this happen to any of you on Disney Eve.

Last edited:
In 2012, I was working 3rd shift, so when we had to get up at 4:00am to go to the airport, I was already used to being up that late anyway, so I just stayed up. Granted, when we got checked in and stuff, I crashed hard, lol.

Last trip in September, I was able to get a decent sleep. I was still excited, but made sure I got a decent amount of shut eye.

I'm really awake because being the primary packer/trip organizer, I'm analyzing all the things I'm probably forgetting to pack/do before we leave!!! :P

I arrive at 935 to MCO and should be at Grand Floridian by 1030 or so. I looked at my fast pass stuff at Magic Kingdom for that day and the only thing that I would be upset if I missed that day is the Main Street Electrical Parade at 10 pm. This is why I left Saturday open just in case I got to GF and just crashed. However I have a feeling that I will be so excited that I will make it through the day and sleep very very well Monday night since my first FP thing on Tuesday isn't until 245 pm.

To my surprise, I actually got 4 hrs of sleep and feel great. I made it to my outbound airport and should be boarding in 30 min or so.

Everything we can possibly do in preparation for our trip is done now. Now it is just counting down the sleepless nights. I've been so busy at work and thankful for that. Otherwise, I would be going nuts with anticipation. I just hope I am not forgetting to do anything. Waiting on the mail man now since we received notification that our bands have shipped. Once they get here, we will be that much closer to departure. Just need to pick up our APs, park hopper tickets and purchase TIW once we get to WDW. Better sleep as much as I can between now and departure because the few days before there won't be any sleeping. Maybe a little pixie dust will do the trick
:tinker:

OMGosh.......way to excited on a Disney Eve!! It does feel exactly like Christmas Eve when I was a child. I usually get only 4 or 5 hours of sleep. As an adult, I still feel like a child when anything Disney is involved. Simply magical........

I wish I could take a moment to enjoy the anticipation of the trip like Christmas Eve used to feel as a child. Now I work until the last possible moment, run home, finish packing, clean the house, and by that time I only have a few hours to sleep. Unfortunately I am so stressed out that I can't sleep. Not a very good way to start my expensive and hard earned vacation. I need to back everything off one day so I have some buffer time to decompress before the vacation.

My flight leaves Buffalo at 5am so I will be up with the chickens:duck: But then again who is able to sleep the night before disney?

Impossible to sleep usually the week before going.. I just get so giddy and have to make sure everything is packed.. Here we are now 5 months out and when the office phone isn't ringing.. I'm planning :)

We're over a year out, and I'm already planning :rolleyes:. *blush* Disney magic is a great antidote to the stress of life, and is something nice to look forward to. The entire week before a Walt Disney World trip I can barely sleep at all, the last night I get three hours if lucky and subsist on Redbull. lol :hyper:

I start to go in to super-excited-hyper-happy-mode about four weeks out, which is when the "official" countdown of pre-trip activities starts. The closer the trip gets the more relaxed I am so I actually sleep well. I always take a redeye flight from the left coast and try to make the last day a nice relaxing one - without a nap - so I can sleep on the plane and wake up in the magic!

I start to go in to super-excited-hyper-happy-mode about four weeks out, which is when the "official" countdown of pre-trip activities starts. The closer the trip gets the more relaxed I am so I actually sleep well. I always take a redeye flight from the left coast and try to make the last day a nice relaxing one - without a nap - so I can sleep on the plane and wake up in the magic!
We have a cross country flight as well and I too try for an overnight flight. :)

My sister lives in Philly which is the airport we fly from, so I go over there to spend the night before our Sisters' Trips with her. Between the giggling, the dog acting up instead of sleeping, and the pre-flight nerves, we don't get much sleep. Plus, we usually get the first flight out of PHL at 6:55 a.m. and have to get up around four. But I have to say, we go on adrenaline that first day at the parks and never get tired until we're back at the resort and suddenly-BAM-I don't think I can make it back to the room I'm so sleepy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter