Who else is waiting until WDW is “back to normal”?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if everyone's been vaccinated and/or we've developed herd immunity? I mean, I'm scheduled for the second shot this week, and two weeks after that I will not wear a mask anywhere that I'm not required to. I can't wait for normal to be back.
I don't know, realistically yes I'll get to that point where I won't be afraid to go out without one but that feels really far away. I've had my first shot but still waiting for the 2nd shot. I've just read so much conflicting information about whether the vaccine actually works. this pandemic has really done a number on my head.

My husband is waiting. My daughter and I have been back already. We took a week long vacation and stayed at Windsor Hills 3 weeks ago. My husband won’t wear a mask all day so he stayed back at the condo while my daughter and I went to Hollywood studios. We were going to go to Magic Kingdom the next day but my daughter was not interested in wearing a mask all day 2 days in a row, so we did Disney springs instead. We went to springs at opening, ate lunch and did half the shops, took a mid day break at the condo then returned at night for dinner and more shopping. We had the best vacation, inside the park and outside. It was so nice to explore other areas of Florida, visit the beach, go to flea markets....we had a great time at Hollywood studios but one 10 hour day in a mask was enough for us.

Even if everyone's been vaccinated and/or we've developed herd immunity? I mean, I'm scheduled for the second shot this week, and two weeks after that I will not wear a mask anywhere that I'm not required to. I can't wait for normal to be back.
Be sure to talk to your Dr about Covid-19. Around here they are saying Masks and distancing wil be needed at least until herd immunity is reached and that could take a year. due to all the variants out there.

If I'm paying full price,I expect full experience, 'nuf said.

Totally agree with this. I don't mind masks, I'm definitely continuing to wear mine post-COVID.

My question is...will normal ever return? I've seen a lot of people saying Disney won't bring back most of the little "extras" - EMH, live entertainment, streetsmosphere, shows, etc, all the little things I loved about WDW - because why would they when the parks are crowded without them. What do people think will happen when all capacity restrictions are lifted? Will WDW still see enough demand where they won't bring back everything in an effort to save some money? That would make me sad and I wouldn't go back. My family's been loving the beach and ski vacations and don't care about Disney at all even though we used to go DL/WDW 2-3 times a year! :eek:

Went last October and masks were the worst part of it. Going again this June but trading off park time for more pool and water park time to avoid masking.

We're waiting and hoping we can get back in 2022 but as much as we love our Disney trips, I'm not willing to drop that much money for half the experience. I work in healthcare so I'm used to wearing a mask for 12 hour days but they aren't comfortable and I don't want to wear one while on vacation. But the biggest reason is the lack of many of the things we associate with and value on our WDW vacations - Fantasmic!, HeA, the MK train, FastPass (because standing in hour+ lines for every ride is not something I'm willing to do), and full choice of resorts and dining options. We're also waiting until Disney opens all the anticipated new offerings - Cosmic Rewind, Tron, Harmonious, Space 220 restaurant, Rat. When everything is fully open we'll be back. In the meantime, we might have to consider a short trip to just Universal if Disney drags their feet too long in getting things opened up. ;)

I am waiting. I don’t mind the mask in theory but I never had to wear it in the heat so that would be horrible.

I want the full experience but I am afraid Disney will not return all the little extra things because people have no issues paying the same amount and getting at least a 1/3 less than before

I am waiting. I don’t mind the mask in theory but I never had to wear it in the heat so that would be horrible.

I want the full experience but I am afraid Disney will not return all the little extra things because people have no issues paying the same amount and getting at least a 1/3 less than before

I think it's hard to say what people are willing to pay. Parks are busy yes but they are no wear near 2019 busy, and right now its hard to say if 2019 busy would all still come if so much isn't there. I live 2.5 hours away and know many that aren't renewing passes till more is back and masks are dropped. They made the best of it while they had current passes but have all said the price to renew is just not worth it.

we are waiting until April 2022. Too much money for reduced "experiences".
Living in New England not sure how well we would tolerate wearing a mask all day in the FL heat.
Plus the grand kids want to ride ratatouille, Tron and Guardians of the Galaxy.

this will be the 4th set of dates we have booked for my retirement celebration.

So we’ve been quite a few times, we’re locals and we’ve done all four the parks since reopening.

the almost 6 and now 3 Year old complained the entire time at Disney (4 days)

where’s Mickey?
why can’t I hug Elsa?
are the fireworks back tonight?
they didn’t say hi back to me (when saying high from a distance in line, people act like we’re a scourge)

so we haven’t taken the kids back since November. They hate it. We hate it. we made the decision not to take them back so as to not taint the good memories. They don’t understand- they’re just kids.

we’re going to take them to blizzard beach in a few weeks, and they’ve been loving LEGOLAND, but with everything tainted by covid, we’re just trying to give them a childhood untainted by virus anxiety (yes we wash hands-and yes, they play with other kids on the playground. It’s balance for us).

can’t wait to get back to hugging Mickey. The oldest won’t be entertained, but hopefully the magic is still alive for the younger three11AE1887-BDC2-4BC3-B506-EA25D97B3C6F.jpeg

I just wanted to say thank you for considering wearing your masks at crowded places once they are not longer mandatory. I too intend on wearing them on any transportation that isn't my car and when I need to go to my doctors office even if it for an annual visit. Not only have they been proven to work, but I feel safer!
Not meaning to start a fight here, but the instant the mask mandate becomes optional, I'm burning mine and never putting one of those things on my face again!

Also waiting for more normal. No mask, shows, FPs are a must for us.
I am optimistic for Fall 2021. The FACTS shows that the vaccine is working. Some states are already allowing gatherings of vaccinated individuals. Cruises are going to return for vaccinated. We are on pace in the US for 75% vaccinated in August. And, we are continuing to increase the rate of vaccination above 2 million per day.
Do you think WDW may required proof of vaccination for entry, at some point?

Also waiting for more normal. No mask, shows, FPs are a must for us.
I am optimistic for Fall 2021. The FACTS shows that the vaccine is working. Some states are already allowing gatherings of vaccinated individuals. Cruises are going to return for vaccinated. We are on pace in the US for 75% vaccinated in August. And, we are continuing to increase the rate of vaccination above 2 million per day.
Do you think WDW may required proof of vaccination for entry, at some point?
out of curiosity what is being given as proof of vaccination? do they give you a little wallet card or anything. In Canada, I've had my first dose (because I'm a healthcare worker) and they just emailed me a "vaccine receipt"

out of curiosity what is being given as proof of vaccination? do they give you a little wallet card or anything. In Canada, I've had my first dose (because I'm a healthcare worker) and they just emailed me a "vaccine receipt"

I received an index sized card. I’m also a healthcare worker and was vaccinated in January. At the moment I keep it in my wallet but I’m going to put it with my passport.

I went in August and didn't even notice i had a mask on. Some masks are a lot more breathable than others. I guess I don't get it when that's the only thing keeping people from going.

It is hard to understand when other people don't think the same way. This is how I feel about people who don't see the big deal about masks (and how some are happily wanting and planning to wear them forever). Wearing a mask is a very big deal to me, it detracts from my quality of life- in such a way that I really don't go anywhere because I don't want to deal with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter