Who Fartleked?: Putting the FUN back in the RUN - all the way to Goofy '09

Hello!!

Please excuse me in advance while I attempt some inside joke type humor for a minute...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Base to bob....nquiring minds want to know LOL. Did you like spin class???? popcorn::

Base to Amy,

I think Bob is out on a smoke break....or maybe still stuck on the endless cleaning insanity known as the "3rd floor"...how IS that popcorn by the way?

Or maybe Bob is hanging out with Uncle Sam, watching it snow from some random conveyor belt, looking for his glasses, possibly repairing the Dirt Devil over at 99...heck, maybe even waiting a few hours for a good meal at PF's while listening to some vintage Soundgarden...cause we all know that good things come to those who listen to Chris Cornell while they wait.

Relentlessly Walking Hard,

U-Turn Cornelius (used to be relentlessly pedaling forward, but those clips are a &!@$%)

:confused3
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway...

Spin class on Friday was a pretty cool (and sweaty) experience. It was actually called RPM and utilzed a different bike than what is usually used in a regular spin class (I think).

After spending some time getting the bike set up properly (gotta adjust seat height, distance from handlebars and the handlebars themselves) the workout proved to be challenging and fun. From what I can gather, a normal spin class is more "mountain bike" related (Amy, didn't you say you did "jumps" and stuff in it?) and this RPM deal was more "road bike" related...with lots of pursuits, attacks and 'top speed' pedaling. Heck, we all caught and passed Lance Armstrong (a far fetched visualization, but it works when you are winded, sweaty and fearing the instructor's call of "turn it up" - meaning "increase the resistance")

All in all I liked it and thought it was an excellent cardio workout. I do still prefer to get out there on an actual road bike, but I will definitely look for a fitness center offering spin or RPM when I look to switch facilities in the near future. Would sure beat doing the elliptical one night.

To catch things up (and to copy Amy) here is my last week of workouts:
Tuesday - 6 mile run, 55 minutes (9:10 pace)
Wednesday - 45 minutes elliptical (7.63 miles)
Thursday - 4.5 mile run, 45 minutes (8:53 pace)
Friday - RPM spin class, 1 hour
Saturday - 3.4 mile run, 30 minutes (8:49 pace) and 15 minutes on stationary cycle (4 miles)
Sunday - 6.67 mile run, 60 minutes (9:00 pace)
Monday - rest
Tuesday - 5.5 mile run, 50 minutes (9:05 pace)

I did miss doing a long bike ride, but the spin class kind of made up for that...and oh yeah, I did do a lot of pilates in there too...

This week should be something like 60 minutes on elliptical tonight, 4-5 mile run tomorrow and 30-45 minutes on elliptical Friday.

I think I'm going to run the Silver Comet 10k on Saturday morning, but will be a race day decision. I'm still going to try and get a 20 mile bike ride, plus an 8 mile long run in depending on what I decide regarding the 10k.

Most importantly, I'm just going to focus on doing good, solid, hard workouts and really eating well. I have a short term goal of being in much better physical shape by the time Minnie Weekend gets here.

Hope all is well with everyone!

Hi, Scott. Glad you are feeling better. Sounds like you are kicking butt with the spinning class and everything else you pack into your workout. If you decide to run the race this weekend, I hope it goes well and you have a great time!

Really looking forward to meeting you and other WISH'ers at the Minnie event - it will be here before we know it!

Have a good one!

Susan

Hi Scott,
Glad you liked spinning.Yeah Johnny G ,the original spinning class,has mountain jumping,climbing but also alot of speedwork.In and out of the saddle.
Have a good one
Linda

HI Scotty. Just checking in to see how you're doing.

Hope you had a good weekend!

Stacie

:sad2: OK wise guy....

Don't worry Stacie...giving him a virtual *SMACK* for that lame answer ;).

Are you doing a race THIS weekend????

Sooo...what's up with you??? What's shakin'? Why are you not posting in your journal? Why are you only giving one word replies OR snubbing ME altogether? When are you doing a race? How are your legs feeling? :confused3 :confused3 :confused3 C'mon...we miss your witty banter and insightful info. Geeze!

OK...fine...:snooty: . Take your stupid hiatus. As if we actually CARE. pffft...right...whatever....but just in case...my last ditch effort to get you to post...

:sad1: :guilty: :sad: :( :worried:

HOW can you resist those sad little faces? I ask you...HOW??? :confused3

Ahhh...changed the name of your journal. Thought I smelled something! :snooty: And here I thought it was just the bs I was smelling coming from your party pooping journal hiatus.:eek:

TOP TEN REASONS SCOTT IS NOT POSTING:

10. Spending hours stalking Chickeze online....viewing YouTube clips of his singing in airport terminals....and reviewing AI tapes. :love:

9. Is actually one of the Oceanic Survivors and is caught in a flash back flash forward...something or other. :confused3

8. An embarassing Fartlek problem has forced him into hiding.:scared:

7. Jetted off to WDW b/c he heard Belle was signing autographs in her Rose Garden. :lovestruc

6. Decided to become a Chi Running expert and study with Chi Master Xu in China. :hippie:

5. Had another one of his famous falling downstairs while carrying laundry incidents...."Help, I've Fallen and I Can't Get UP!!! ":laundy:

4. Finally followed his passion matey and took up pirate-speak full time, playing Jack Sparrow in front of the POC ride daily (for free). pirate:

3. Got some strange disease from watching BB9! Those people are just YICK! :sick:

2. Has joined Tom and Katie on a Scientology Mission to save earth from aliens. :ewok:

And....:idea: the number one reason...

1. Just bored of the whole thing ;). C'mon back and let us know how you're doing buddy. :flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter