Who is up for the challenge?? HELP PLEASE!

SILLYANDI

DIS Veteran
I know some of you enjoy a challenge so here's one...
We are using the dining plan- we will have 16 TS dining credits and I want to get every bang for my buck. There are 6 of us in our family, DH, Me, DD8, DD6, DS5 & DD2-2 kids are on grandparent's room reservation so they don't have DP. I know we should use as many credits as possible for adult meals and pay for kids (makes sense...)
Here are our ADR's/plans. Which table service meals would you use DP credits and which would you pay out of pocket in order to get your money's worth? My mind is melting trying to figure out all of the possibilities!

Day 1
Lunch-Sci Fi
Dinner-Downtown Disney (Raglan Road?) or counter service

Day 2
Cinderella's Breakfast
Dinner Fantasmic Package (Mama Melrose) or Kona Cafe

Day 3 AK
Dinner- Le Cellier With Candlelight Processional package

Day 4
Ohana Character Breakfast

Thank You Andrea

IMO SCI FI is an automatic not worth using TS credits, it is burgers and fries. And Le Cellier is an automatic do not pay CASH. Hope others can add more advice.

Also I would really consider putting some of the kids on the reservation that is getting the dining plan, $11.99 per day is bargain. I assume reason you didnt maybe tickets and such.

Anewman said:
IMO SCI FI is an automatic not worth using TS credits, it is burgers and fries. And Le Cellier is an automatic do not pay CASH. Hope others can add more advice.

Also I would really consider putting some of the kids on the reservation that is getting the dining plan, $11.99 per day is bargain. I assume reason you didnt maybe tickets and such.

The kids are on the other reservation because they would be over the 4 people per room rule if they weren't, I'm guessing.

I'd make sure the 2 year old is one of the kids on the other reservation, since having the child in your room wouldn't help (they don't get DP under 3). I'd definitely make Sci-Fi an OOP if the kids won't be begging for dessert or a shake (which I don't know if they'd cover on the DP, either). If you can get the kids to share your appetizers and deserts at the non-buffet/non-family style/non-package meals then those would be good for OOP. If they'll want their own desserts, you're gonna come out about even either way. If they want kids appetizers AND their own desserts you'd be smarter paying OOP for the breakfasts or package meals. The only exception would be if you're looking at Kona for breatfast, that I'd pay OOP for, but if it's for dinner it falls under all the above stuff.

Not sure if you can do LeCellier w/ CP and use TS but if you can I'd use TS credits for that one...

Pay OOP for CRT (waste of 2 ts credit for barely over price of 1 TS credit places)

other than that I'd say OOP for Buffet as the others, depending on what you get could get more expensive... buffet's are specific price for whatever..

Can't the adults use the children's dining plan certificates for table service and just pay cash for the kids meals?

bassoon2 said:
Can't the adults use the children's dining plan certificates for table service and just pay cash for the kids meals?

If that's what the OP is planning, then right now, technically, the answer is yes......Although as we've read in one recent post, the YS did not want to allow this.

I'd like to warn the OP that if their trip is planned in the immediate future, than they should be able to pay OOP for the kid's meals & use those credits as they'd like, but, if their trip is planned farther out than the near future, than they should really expect that the restaurants WILL be differentiating child & adult credits & should plan accordingly.

I Hope This Helps! :sunny:

Tink10 said:
If that's what the OP is planning, then right now, technically, the answer is yes......Although as we've read in one recent post, the YS did not want to allow this.

I'd like to warn the OP that if their trip is planned in the immediate future, than they should be able to pay OOP for the kid's meals & use those credits as they'd like, but, if their trip is planned farther out than the near future, than they should really expect that the restaurants WILL be differentiating child & adult credits & should plan accordingly.

I Hope This Helps! :sunny:

This has been discussed here endlessly since the inception of the plan. I don't see it happening in the immediate future or not. The credits are credits. Before DDP with the Silver, Gold and Platinum plans they were wishes, not credits, and were also pooled. They were being used the same way and when they put the new DDP into effect they didn't change it. Doesn't that say something about Disney? They know what they are doing, it isn't being changed.

I really don't want this to be another debate about the topic & yes, it is a "discussed to death" but I can say with absolute certainty that barring any unforseen glitches, it will happen. Disney is incredibly cautious about implementing change & this technicality is no different. People will think what they want, but it's just a matter of time.

I just wanted to give the OP fair warning that there's a chance that the policy will be changing & if they were planning on taking advantage of the current "pooled credit" loophole, they should be prepared.

It never hurts to have a "Plan B" :sunny:

We just returned and we loved Le Cellier and Kona Cafe (mine are still talking about the Kiddie Kones!). With younger kids, the appetizers that come with the adult meals are big enough to be a kid's meal if they like what is available. We did this a lot with our 22 mo. old, but it would have worked fine for my 6 or 8 year old also.

I just want to mention a great place to use the CS credits. We ate at Sunshine Season in the Land Pavillion for lunch and it was the best counter service deal we had. Just for my meal, I had a huge sandwich, a tomato and mozz. cheese salad, strawberry shortcake and a drink. My 8 year old just wanted a salad, so we got her one with her sister's sandwich and it was plenty of food. We went back as we were leaving the park and used our last CS credits to get enough food for all 7 of us to eat breakfast and lunch the next day on our drive home! :cool1:

I love the dining plan!

OK, put baby on grandparents ressie so that you are paying for 2 adult and 2 kids on DDP.

Next, I won't get into the debate about adults using kid credits. Yes, it can currently be done, but is it right?

Your least expensive meals are the buffet and Sci-Fi, so those are the ones to pay OOP for--at least for some people. Also, consider sharing at some/all restaurants. Most of our sit down meals were big enough for at least one more person!

At Le Cellier, kids can order an adult appetizer and can order a smoothie as a beverage. Do not pay for this one OOP. CRT is a waste of credits--this is a good one for OOP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter