Who isn't have problems with MDE?

I spoke too soon! I thought everything was fine, except that I'm sometimes not able to get into the system. But I was looking at something I printed last week, and I realized that some of our FPs aren't there. Using the website they were showing when I went into the FP section or My Reservations, but not on My Itinerary. It looks like they're showing again now.

I have annual passes, have had technical assistance in the past and none of these seem to have made a difference. I have people in my friends and family list who had been removed and now have returned and other very strange things happening. My granddaughter shows up twice (and neither one works) and her AP is in my account (doesn't belong there). I cannot revise anything. I have contacted the help desk as suggested and they basically say nothing useful. The technology is wonderful when it works but it shouldn't be a case of it works for some and not for others. It should work ALWAYS for EVERYONE!

an old resort reservation was showing in mine for a few weeks. oddly i called the reservation center to see if i could extend my trip a day (which i cant) and in the middle of the call that old resort reservation went away. i dont know if she did something but she didnt mention it. so odd.

I have never had a problem until now. My fast pass day is tomorrow. We are going mid week during Thanksgiving week which makes it hard enough to get fastpasses. My reservation and tickets are showing up. However, the calendar is only showing a 30 day window for fastpasses and not the 60 that I should have. I did email them tonight but probably won't hear tomorrow. I may just call tomorrow though I know that I will be on hold forever.
It doesn’t open up for 60 days until 7 AM on your check in day.

I had dining reservations I had cancelled awhile ago still show up. I called today and the cast member I spoke with thru the it line was able to delete all the reservations I had previously cancelled so they do not show up anymore.it was confusing to look at even though I know I cancelled them. I’m glad she was able to fix it for me

I’m not sure there is going to be any real patterns though. For example, we have software at work that caused issues when the database became unstable. The errors were always random and unreproducible. Two people could be using the exact same functions; one works and one crashes.

So far, that seems the MDE errors are random so I'm not sure it's an easily found point of failure.

Mike
I have come to the same conclusion. It is entirely too random to come to any conclusion as to why it's clear sailing for some and complete disaster for others, and everything in between. Odd. And I'm sure only increasing the issues with trying to fix it. Akin to nailing jello to the wall

Wasn't having trouble for awhile, noe not working well at all.
Add me to the list.
Bummer.

So frustrated. I had issues and we wiped my account and moved everything to a new one.....worked great the past 2 months. But now i an missing so many things: resort stays missing, dining reservations missing, and can only see fastpasses for people i manage not anyone linked to me.....can only see tickets i manage and 2 of 4 people from my BIL account.... missing 10 others besides those 2. Almost all those are family (2 friends) and i am the planner for all of them whether i am going or not.....so this is beyond insane for me....

Knock on wood everything seems fine for me.

Leaving Saturday and the iPhone app, the Website, etc are all working and showing correct details.

Made my FP reservations months ago, only have canceled one dining reservation, and FastPasses seem to be there. I have a PDF of all of the confirmation numbers as well as FastPasses (which even though they do not have a confirmation number gives me piece of mind).

We will see how things go. I just hope the app is functional to allow for additional fastpasses to be selected during the day!

Some of my current tickets have disappeared and for some reason my DS isn't showing up in my MDE even though he's always been linked by family/friends. He was there the last time I checked about 10 days ago.

Just have to ask....Disney has millions and millions of dollars....WHY CAN'T THEY FIX IT???
They CAN fix it- by doing it right in the first place. They just don't want to spend their billions of dollars on that since they don't really have to. People will always come.

For those of us not in the middle of a trip or planning adrs/fps the best bet is to wait and hope the dust of issues settle down over the next few days? Personally my trip isn't until Nov and today I'm not seeing any issues but I've had problems even getting into the system over the last couple days.

I truly do not want to rub it into those who are. I get how bad it is. Honestly, I do.
I've had my share of times where I'm in those shoes.
But, fact is, not everyone is having issues. Are there commonalities between those who are and those who aren't?
This is one of the times where I'm having no problems at all. I'm not the only one here, am I?
No odd things showing up, no strange occurrences when booking rooms, FP, or anything. All my MB are working just fine.
Why?
Here's a few facts that may be different. If you are in the not having problems group do you have any of these things in common?
I had to have my MDE account rebuilt a few months ago. They stripped it of all old data, and only ported over current items. Fixed a fair number of issues my account had, like an inability to change any reservations.
I'm working with AP, not tickets. (Could this be why I don't have problems with FP)?
I have 2 tickets on my account for when I take DGD next summer but not using them for anything. (these were bought from PS, about 6 months ago)
I do have 3 resort stays booked for early Oct (split stay) and another stay booked for December.
I have FP booked
EMM at HS
Halloween Party Tickets
Anyway, anyone who wants to add in info feel free. I doubt we can learn much but I'm just simply baffled and puzzled over this. There's got to be a reason behind these accounts having problems and the ones that aren't. Or maybe not
Girl, you lost weight?

We were there from the 18-23 and I had issues with the app every single day.

I'm sitting here in my office and earlier today I received a text saying my room was ready with the location and room number. Despite the fact that it made me sad because I wanted to be back at Disney, I was irritated. I called and I was told there is another glitch in the system and everyone who had a reservation last week was receiving a room ready text. Really? How can that be possible? I truly don't expect everything to be perfect because its Disney. I do however expect them to have a better working system when we are basically made to rely on it. Its simply puzzling.

I have come to the same conclusion. It is entirely too random to come to any conclusion as to why it's clear sailing for some and complete disaster for others, and everything in between. Odd. And I'm sure only increasing the issues with trying to fix it. Akin to nailing jello to the wall

AngiTN-- Love the new picture. Did you take that during the new FoTLK package?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter