Who was at the birth of your children? (besides drs and nurses)

With the first two--I was in the delivery room by myself. In the waiting room were Mom, dad, dsis, ex-H and ex-mil.

With dd- just me and dh were in the delivery room. In the waiting room were Mom, Dad, dsis, ODS, YDS, MIL

Just DH. Back then some doctors were just beginning to let husbands in the delivery room. We called both sets of parents after the babies were born, we didn't want them sitting in the waiting room for hours and hours.

Now when our DD had her two children she had her DH and invited me as well. It was such a joy to be able to see my two grands come into the world, quite the experience and I was very thankful and happy to be included.

Just my husband. There were problems during labor and delivery so just the Drs and nurses filled the room up pretty well.

I hope this means just in the hospital and not witnessing the actual birth in the delivery room - cuz I posted a ton of people but they weren't in the delivery room!
Pretty sure we're all answering with those actually in the delivery room (I know I was).

I had a packed house, but honestly had no opinion about who I didn't or did want present, aside from DH. DH was there, both my parents, and my sister, in addition to the medical staff. All were in the room with me and eyeballing the staff!

Pretty sure we're all answering with those actually in the delivery room (I know I was).

I wasn't thinking! LOL They were all there keeping me company after the epidural, but left during the pushing, then back again after the birth. I was alone with the doc and my DH for about an hour.

I'm so bad at this!

#1: I think, dh, my mom, and doctors/nurses because -- I honestly had no idea what was going on because I couldn't feel a thing from all the darn drugs and a faulty epidural and dh was freaked out and couldn't tell me.
#2: Elvis could have been there.... not the drug situation of my first labor. So I wasn't taking attendance. Also had the stomach flu so I had the pleasure of puking while giving birth. And the mean nurse wouldn't let me out of the bed. Doctor was called away from a golf game and was all angry because I'd been in labor all day and he was so sure it wasn't time yet ....so the nurse was telling me to just hold on and don't push while she kept paging we waited for this jerk to show up.

I'm not having any more kids but if I did...I'd walk into a field and birth them ..alone ..like something off of National Geographic.

Just my DH for all three of our children. I really can't imagine having an audience.

My SIL, on the other hand, had her mother, father, sister, MIL, FIL and two friends in the room. o_O .....No thank you!

#1 - my husband and my mom (MIL was quite upset that I wouldn't let her in - she knew this months ahead of time but it turns out the hospital only allowed 2 other people in the room)
#2 (Due in december) - will be just my husband. My mom will be watching #1 for us

DD1 - DH and mom
DD2- Just DH

Any future kiddos, I want my mom there! She was amazing, her support was incredible. DH just doesn't do well in hospitals...:rolleyes1

Just DH with both my kids. I didn't want anyone else in the room. I had very long labors and kind of went inside myself and got very quiet during them. I didn't need or want company. And I certainly didn't want an audience.

Just 3 months before my first child was born, my SIL gave birth. She told me DH's whole family burst into the room while her legs were wide open, and she was being sewn up. I was horrified, so horrified that I made the nurses promise not to let anyone in until I gave the ok. Hospital policy only allowed 2 people in the room with me any way. I told my in-laws about the policy and about the locked off delivery room hallway and made sure they knew that they were not allowed in until after the baby was born. My mom and dad lived on the other side of the country, so they weren't at the birth. They came to visit and help with the first baby a couple weeks later. My MIL and a SIL stayed with us the first week I was home with my first baby. It really made them feel included and was a great help to me.

My first two, it was just my husband, the doctor, nurse, and nurse anesthetist. For our last son it was my husband, the doctor, nurse, nurse anesthetist, 2 medical students, and 5 or 6 high school seniors who were going into nursing and were job shadowing. I was the only woman in labor and delivery so they all came in to watch me give birth and two of the girls held my legs while I pushed. It was a big party :)

Last edited:
I only wanted my husband there when our son was born. I didn't care if anyone wanted to stop by as long as they knew they had to leave when I asked and that it was clear that when it was time for the actual birth, that the only person that would be in the room for that was my husband. I was induced because of health reasons and ended up needing a c-section, so at that point it didn't matter anyway, because I could only have one person in the OR when I was having the c-section done.

I wanted DF and my mom there, but I ended up having to have a c-section, and only DF could come into the OR. Both of my parents were in the waiting room though.

I was 19 and unmarried so I had my parents and 3 of my friends there. I also had a double ear infection and sinus infection so I didn't really care who was in the room at the time, I couldn't hear anyone anyways.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter