Who's going September 2008?

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
IT'S OVER!!!!
I'm trying to come to terms with the fact that a week ago, I was sporting shorts, tanktops and sandals, sweating in the 89 degree weather and LOVING IT!!!!... and today in NewEngland, it's 58 degrees!! Sweaters, jeans and socks just arent' my thing... especially now that I have this fabulous tan to show off now!!! :headache:

We had a GREAT time!! We weren't very impressed with the breakfast fare at POP though -- dinners were ok, but breakfast, not so good. We ended up driving to Coronado for breakfast on days where we didn't have breakfast ressies. Also - we were disappointed in Chef Mickey's for dinner this time as well. Last time we were there the food was much better. Loved LibTreeTavern at MK, we'll do that one again I'm sure.

DD4 whimped out of BBB the mornign of her appt at the Castle -- BUMMER!! I think I was more disappointed than she was. But I look at it as a saving$...

DS8 is addicted to RNRC, and DD4 was addicted to Barnstormer at MK. DH and DS8 were awarded YOMDs Fast Pass lanyards at AK -- but never got to use them at all b/c the lines were less than 10 mins each. So we bought a Mickey Shawdow box, and displayed the YOMD Fast Pass with our Happy Anniversary button and a few other trinkets.

I'm already having withdrawals... Next trip probably won't be for another 2 years...:eek: Maybe we'll try the cruise then.

Well, here's hoping everyone had equally enjoyable vacations -- looking forward to reading about them on the DISboards --- god knows I'll need a fix from time to time!!

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
IT'S OVER!!!!
I'm trying to come to terms with the fact that a week ago, I was sporting shorts, tanktops and sandals, sweating in the 89 degree weather and LOVING IT!!!!... and today in NewEngland, it's 58 degrees!! Sweaters, jeans and socks just arent' my thing... especially now that I have this fabulous tan to show off now!!! :headache:

We had a GREAT time!! We weren't very impressed with the breakfast fare at POP though -- dinners were ok, but breakfast, not so good. We ended up driving to Coronado for breakfast on days where we didn't have breakfast ressies. Also - we were disappointed in Chef Mickey's for dinner this time as well. Last time we were there the food was much better. Loved LibTreeTavern at MK, we'll do that one again I'm sure.

DD4 whimped out of BBB the mornign of her appt at the Castle -- BUMMER!! I think I was more disappointed than she was. But I look at it as a saving$...

DS8 is addicted to RNRC, and DD4 was addicted to Barnstormer at MK. DH and DS8 were awarded YOMDs Fast Pass lanyards at AK -- but never got to use them at all b/c the lines were less than 10 mins each. So we bought a Mickey Shawdow box, and displayed the YOMD Fast Pass with our Happy Anniversary button and a few other trinkets.

I'm already having withdrawals... Next trip probably won't be for another 2 years...:eek: Maybe we'll try the cruise then.

Well, here's hoping everyone had equally enjoyable vacations -- looking forward to reading about them on the DISboards --- god knows I'll need a fix from time to time!!

We just got back last Wednesday as well and as I speak, I'm a bit melancholy as I put the shorts and sleeveless shirts away and drag out the long sleeves and long pants for everyone :sad1:

We had an awesome time as well...didn't run into or win any dreams but we made a few of our own...dd6 1/2 got to talk to Crush in Turtle Talk the night before we went home, she got to meet Cinderella, Jasmine and her favorite Ariel! And youngest dd 3 got to meet Mickey, Pluto, Chip and Dale and Stitch. We loved most of the food (the only thing we weren't crazy about was the 1900 Park Fair Dinner) the best thing about thing about it was Cinderella - the food was just okay and if we didn't go back, that would be fine with me. Our favorite meal - hands down - was Ohana. As usual, it did not disappoint and the girls had a great time participating in some of the games.

Dh had a great time but he's had his fill so the soonest we'll get back is probably 2 years as well. :confused3

We just got back last Wednesday as well and as I speak, I'm a bit melancholy as I put the shorts and sleeveless shirts away and drag out the long sleeves and long pants for everyone :sad1:

We had an awesome time as well...didn't run into or win any dreams but we made a few of our own...dd6 1/2 got to talk to Crush in Turtle Talk the night before we went home, she got to meet Cinderella, Jasmine and her favorite Ariel! And youngest dd 3 got to meet Mickey, Pluto, Chip and Dale and Stitch. We loved most of the food (the only thing we weren't crazy about was the 1900 Park Fair Dinner) the best thing about thing about it was Cinderella - the food was just okay and if we didn't go back, that would be fine with me. Our favorite meal - hands down - was Ohana. As usual, it did not disappoint and the girls had a great time participating in some of the games.

Dh had a great time but he's had his fill so the soonest we'll get back is probably 2 years as well. :confused3

Did you go to Akershus for a meal? The princesses are there too -- and my DD (HUGE Ariel fan as well) always wanted to meet "Ariel in her dress" -- well, luck would have it, the last princess to come out was Ariel in her green dress. My daughter was mesmerized. Ariel really played it up too -- my son didn't have a word to say -- so Ariel asked him, "Oh, Ursula took your voice too? We have to watch out for Ursula, she can be really nasty." I laughed!! DS got a kick out of it too.
Here's hoping for a QUICK 2009! Let's pixie dust ourselves into 2010!!!:wizard:

Did you go to Akershus for a meal? The princesses are there too -- and my DD (HUGE Ariel fan as well) always wanted to meet "Ariel in her dress" -- well, luck would have it, the last princess to come out was Ariel in her green dress. My daughter was mesmerized. Ariel really played it up too -- my son didn't have a word to say -- so Ariel asked him, "Oh, Ursula took your voice too? We have to watch out for Ursula, she can be really nasty." I laughed!! DS got a kick out of it too.
Here's hoping for a QUICK 2009! Let's pixie dust ourselves into 2010!!!:wizard:

no we didn't do Akershus because I checked the menu and it didn't look like there was anything on there that my oldest dd or my dh would eat. (they're extremely picky). Do they just serve eggs and cinnamon rolls or do they have pancakes, french toast or waffles as well?
We did decide though, that the next time we go back will be for the Food and Wine Festival. My mom will be coming with us then and she would love that. And next time we go, we're definately checking out Wolfgang Puck Express. I wanted to slap my dh upside the head this trip. When I started doing the ADR's back in April - after I booked the package, I asked him repeatedly which restaurants he wanted to go to...he said he didn't care. So the night we went to Rainforest Cafe in Downtown Disney, we were wandering around and I stopped in the restroom with younger dd which happened to be right next to WPE, when I came out, he says to me "why didn't you book WPE?" :confused: I looked at him dumbfounded for a minute and then said to him "I asked you where you wanted to go!".

We had a GREAT time!! We weren't very impressed with the breakfast fare at POP though -- dinners were ok, but breakfast, not so good. We ended up driving to Coronado for breakfast on days where we didn't have breakfast ressies. Also - we were disappointed in Chef Mickey's for dinner this time as well.

BAck not quite a week yet. :sad1: We stayed at POP for a week and only had breakfast the first day there, had a TS at BOMA and at Crystal Palace, 2 times we went to Riverside (Dixie) and got their breakfast for a CS and then 2 times to Poly at Capt. Cooks using a CS for the Tonga Toast boy is that good. Was handy have a rental car cause we drove everywhere except to HOOP DEE DOO. Because of the economy we decided not to book the bounce back for next year we will wait till April and see how thing are then.

BAck not quite a week yet. :sad1: We stayed at POP for a week and only had breakfast the first day there, had a TS at BOMA and at Crystal Palace, 2 times we went to Riverside (Dixie) and got their breakfast for a CS and then 2 times to Poly at Capt. Cooks using a CS for the Tonga Toast boy is that good. Was handy have a rental car cause we drove everywhere except to HOOP DEE DOO. Because of the economy we decided not to book the bounce back for next year we will wait till April and see how thing are then.

When we were there, I didn't even think to ask about that 'bounceback' promotion everyone talks about. Does it have to be offered to you? or can you ask about it at during your stay? what are the savings?

Do they just serve eggs and cinnamon rolls or do they have pancakes, french toast or waffles as well?

And next time we go, we're definately checking out Wolfgang Puck Express. I wanted to slap my dh upside the head this trip. .

Breakfast was family style all you care to eat -- typical breakfast fare. And they had a buffet with muffins, pastries, fruit etc. The coffee was HORRIBLE.

WPE -- we did that one night. Food was great. Service was great. Dessert -- delectable!!! my mouths watering just thinking about the dessert!!!..... The Bill (thank God for free dining!!!!!) was close to $100 for 2kids and 2adults. But I'd do it again -- maybe its cheaper at lunch!

When we were there, I didn't even think to ask about that 'bounceback' promotion everyone talks about. Does it have to be offered to you? or can you ask about it at during your stay? what are the savings?

We went in September, it was the first time/trip that I knew to even look for the bounce back and even then it took me a couple of days to actually READ the flyer! In our room it was on the table w/ a couple of other resort info things. It was a colorful flyer w/ Goofy on it, saying it was a great deal any way you dished it or something - free dining when you booked bounce back. Then you had to call from your resort room before check out. Luckily I didn't wait until check out morning as it was a bit of a wait when I called.

We went in September, it was the first time/trip that I knew to even look for the bounce back and even then it took me a couple of days to actually READ the flyer! In our room it was on the table w/ a couple of other resort info things. It was a colorful flyer w/ Goofy on it, saying it was a great deal any way you dished it or something - free dining when you booked bounce back. Then you had to call from your resort room before check out. Luckily I didn't wait until check out morning as it was a bit of a wait when I called.

Missed that one!! Was free dining the only perk? or did you get a break on the tickets or hotel? and do you have to book the same hotel?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter