"Why did this have to happen?"

solgent

DIS Veteran
DD, who is in 7th grade, discovered that one of her teachers is also a DVC owner, with the same home resort!

DD said, "I can so NOT imagine her in a bathing suit!"

Anybody ever run into someone at WDW who you were not thrilled to see?

There are 100,000 DVC members, so the chances of seeing the teacher aren't too good. I don't usually see my own kids, and they are in the villa with us! After all, WDW is a really big place!:)

And put yourself in the teacher's place.;)

Not another DVC owner, but I ran into a co-worker down there one time. Neither of us knew the other was going.

Our DWs were both 'shopping' at The Art of Disney in DTD and we were sitting four feet from each other. Then he recognized my voice when I said, "uhhh, No!"

My DW loves The Art of Disney, but my wallet does not.

I am sure if you have your daughter mention in class when you are taking your trip, you can be assured of avoiding her.

Teachers do not want to see their students on vacation believe me. ;)

:rotfl2: yes this has happened to me many times. I'll sneak a (sick) day off and bee-line it to the hairdressers only to hear:"hey there''s Mrs. ...... I wonder what she's doing here? I love my job but sometimes I have to go far away to escape .Now if I ran into any of my students in Disney I'd probably run for the nearest .... I was going to say ...ah .....I'd make the kid a deal ....let's pretend we ......
no that wouldn't work ...hmmmmm maybe I could ask ......maybe CM would take pity on me and move me to a new resort???:rotfl:
hugs Mel

Been there! On one E-night several years ago, very sparsley attended, I looked around in the stretch room at the HM only to see one of my students. Since we weren't the best of friends (high school boy who hated math-and I was his math teacher), I'm not sure who was less thrilled. He probably went back to his friends, laughing about seeing the math teacher in such "an appropriate place". Then, naturally, I saw him about 4 more times that night.

:lmao:

I've also experienced seeing one of my students there. We were walking from Space Mountain to Buzz Lightyear, and I hear "Hey, there's my teacher, Mr. -----!" After cringing and trying to slip away in the crowd, I realized it was actually a student I didn't mind running into at all. We had a nice, short visit, then he and his family went their way, and we went ours. It was rather odd, considering we are Californians and we ran into them 3,000 miles from home.

I've also vacationed with two of my former students and their parents who happened to become close friends of ours. That was a bit surreal, but tons of fun. We are still good friends and have even gone back to WDW a second time together.

Now, I can also think of a few students who I would prefer not to see, and in fact would probably turn around and run in the other direction if I did run into them while on vacation. :scared1:

I wonder if this same teacher is also a Disboards member......

On our second trip "home" to VWL we ran into a student who was staying in the villa right across the hall. We had no idea their family belonged to DVC. I teased her that I had followed her all the way to WDW just to see her in flip-flops and a bathing suit.

We found a common interest and now enjoy running into the family back here in Kentucky. We always ask about upcoming trips and give each other tips.

I have found that lots of teachers love WDW. I bet a lot of DVC members are teachers.

Well, it kind of happened to me! Remember when there was only the Magic Kingdom and the lines were so long snaking back and forth and back and forth and back and forth (you get the idea)? It was our first trip to Disney World and we had been married only a couple years. I was mad at my husband all evening because at dinner he said, " I saw a girl I used to date today." Of course I had twenty questions, "Where, who, how????????????????? He said it was in front of the Country Bear Jamboree. We passed backed and forth through all those lines and she was in the next line in front of us. I asked, "Was she the one wearing the blue shorts, plaid shirt, etc? " He said, "Yeah, that was the one". Boy was I p............... I didn't have a clue what her face looked like! I just watched those clothes going back and forth, back and forth. :confused3 I am pretty sure he was sorry he ever opened his mouth.

[QUOTE I have found that lots of teachers love WDW. I bet a lot of DVC members are teachers.[/QUOTE]

I have wondered how many of us are teachers. Every now and then, someone will mention something about school or teaching or RETIRING! I am a 26 year teacher in Arkansas trying to hold on for a couple more years. I also have run into a few of my students in WDW, or even been on the same flight down to MCO.

I've run into many people I knew including distant relatives and even our local news anchor from our hometown station. It's always just a quick "hey," "having fun?" "you come a lot?" "we're headed to so in so(opposite direction)"

But I've also been as recently as 2 weeks ago and knew someone was there and even what park they were in and still didn't see them and we were both in the same park for the day.

Thanks for your stories! DD is a good student and wouldn't really mind running into her teacher at WDW, which we know is very unlikely anyway. Still I thought the things she said were funny and DISboarders would be able to relate!

I didn't mind running into her but I worked with a lady that (I think) might've been DVC. She worked a part time job just to support her Disney habit, if I remember correctly! Well, when we worked together, I'd asked her on occasion about WDW; DH and I had been thinking of going for awhile.

I quit that job and 2 years later when DH and I are pulling up to the airport terminal, guess who's getting out of her minivan with her family?? We were on the same flight. She said she'd asked herself "Hey, there's Denice! I wonder if she's going to Disneyworld!"

I have a teacher friend from Kansas City who was trying to get into Shedd Aquarium in Chicago for free but didn't have her teacher ID. So she's discussing this with the ticket taker when lo and behold, behind her she hears a voice! It was a former student that could definitely vouch for her being a teacher!

Denice T.
Olathe, KS

DH and I have both run into students at DL and WDW. At DL it makes some sense---it's a smaller location, and we only travel on school holidays. Seeing people at WDW is much more shocking. Last month, another teacher from my school was on our plane to MCO, and we walked into two of DH's students at MCO, getting ready to board the plane we just exited to go home.

I ran into one of my fellow contractor at Epcot.

Well, it kind of happened to me! Remember when there was only the Magic Kingdom and the lines were so long snaking back and forth and back and forth and back and forth (you get the idea)? It was our first trip to Disney World and we had been married only a couple years. I was mad at my husband all evening because at dinner he said, " I saw a girl I used to date today." Of course I had twenty questions, "Where, who, how????????????????? He said it was in front of the Country Bear Jamboree. We passed backed and forth through all those lines and she was in the next line in front of us. I asked, "Was she the one wearing the blue shorts, plaid shirt, etc? " He said, "Yeah, that was the one". Boy was I p............... I didn't have a clue what her face looked like! I just watched those clothes going back and forth, back and forth. :confused3 I am pretty sure he was sorry he ever opened his mouth.

Nothing like experience to grow a man. :groom:

You're funny... you should be a writer.

The only thing I hate running into is a surprise mirror in the elevator or something when I am coming back from the pool in my bathing suit. :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter