wife broke 2 toes

scottsod

Mouseketeer
any help or ideas we leave in 6 weeks they said 6 weeks to heal

little toe and one next to it broke when she kicked the wall by accident

they wraped em gave her crutches and pain meds

anyone go through this have any help i dont
want her still in pain when we go to disney i a have to push the kid in a w/c so we cant do the wc ecv thing for her

thanks
scott

My DH broke his big toe last May, on the morning we were going on a 10 day WDW trip!!

We called one of the offsite rental places (Walker's Mobility) & had an ECV delivered to the resort for the duration of our stay. There was no way DH could walk.

I'm not sure why your DW can't use an ECV?

Sorry to hear about your wife's toes. Ouch! I did the same thing(same toes) the night before we left for Gatlinburg. My little toe was broken and the one beside it sprained. I spent the next four days hobbling around in pain because I was stubborn. Hopefully since you have 6 weeks before vacay it will heal enough to not cause her pain. But if she still has pain I would definitely suggest an ecv. They are pretty expensive but worth it if it helps her enjoy vacation. The ecv's are motorized so she can drive herself around while you push the wc. I hope she feels better soon. I broke mine 6 years ago and if I ever bump it on anything it stings like it just happened.

I would say she should be good to go...just make sure she takes the time NOW to heal properly. And that she has shoes that will fit her foot loosely because her foot is still going to feel swollen and after not wearing a real shoe for 6 weeks it is going to feel really tight. She will need support for her toes, but still room, but not room to make blisters from being too big. Maybe a pair of crocs?

I broke my foot and was in a stupid boot for 6 weeks. Not fun.

Good Luck to DW!

Sarah

Hi there!
I've danced all my life and have broken every toe on each foot at least once . . . the little ones numerous times. Ouch!!! They do hurt like crazy, and sometimes they've healed quickly, other times it has taken longer . . . I've always just had them taped and worn sandals--no crutches (because then my arms and shoulders hurt in addition to my feet!!!) But the pain meds should help! Just make sure she doesn't start "compensating" for the toes by walking on the sides of her feet, which will in turn strain her ankle (I've done that a few times . . .) Good luck and enjoy Disney!!!

I broke my little toe when I was 7 months pregnant. I accidently kicked the wall walking out of the bathroom in the dark! The doctor didn't want to do an x-ray since I was pregnant but she was pretty sure it was broken from examining it. It was very painful for the first few days and then it started feeling a lot better after that. The taping didn't do much for me but it may help if two toes are broken. I wore loose-fitting shoes and changed into slippers at work (people got used to seeing the hobbling pregnant lady in slippers coming down the hallway!). I also made sure to elevate my foot whenever I could.

Six weeks should be plenty of time for the toes to heal and feel better. If your wife takes good care of her feet now, I doubt she'll need an ECV. The toes may act up with all of the walking at WDW. Just plan to take frequent breaks and carry Tylenol or Advil. She may even want to put ice on her foot at night after long days in the parks. I hope everything works out well!:)

If she heels up and is doing good pre disney. She may want to tape the toes when she gets to disney. I say do this even if she feels better, well she may be mostly heeled, but if she is weak at all. The tremendous amount of walking she will do, may aggrivate and re-injure the toes. As someone else mentioned, maybe pre-ice in the morning, and post ice at the end of the day.

At least bring the names of some offsite ecv renters. This way if things look good, but when you get here, her foot is too sore. You have options to call and still get an off-site rental. If your going in a non-busy time they may have ecv's to spare.

After she is starting to feel better, if she does little exercises, like grabbing marbles with her toes. Moving them in one box to another, or on the floor to box, etc. It really makes your toes stronger if you've sprained or broke them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter